Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 11:50 AM

19,432 posts, read 9,465,797 times

Advertisements

I can especially see when there are more than one or two of the same type of salad and you want to see if one is better than the other.

Not enough employees to cover a particular area on a busy day can be rather frustrating for all.

My other one, going to the grocery store and finding that my favourite yogurt was sold out

Old 11-26-2012, 12:05 PM

11,061 posts, read 17,464,658 times
I don't drink coffee but, if I did, I wouldn't get the kind where you grind your own. Those sealed in the bag might be OK, but I was at the store and saw a man take a coffee bean or two out of several different flavors, stick them WAY up his nose to see what they smell like, then put them back with the others. No thank you!

Old 11-26-2012, 12:07 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,625,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kygman View Post
I don't drink coffee but, if I did, I wouldn't get the kind where you grind your own. Those sealed in the bag might be OK, but I was at the store and saw a man take a coffee bean or two out of several different flavors, stick them WAY up his nose to see what they smell like, then put them back with the others. No thank you!
Okay, this wins. That is super gross.

Old 11-26-2012, 12:15 PM

6,727 posts, read 9,922,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by it_serpent View Post
Allegedly the previous thread went off topic, so we are on part duex!

This weekend at the deli area this woman in front of us wanted to try a sample of their seafood salad. That's fine cause who knows, right? But then she wanted to try a sample the potato salad, then the cole slaw, then brocoli salad, and eventually she tried nearly everything. I mean you really need to trying cole slaw to tell if you like it, meanwhile holding up the whole line. I dont think she even got anything from the deli counter in the end.
Yes, she did. She got lunch.

Old 11-26-2012, 12:35 PM

29,700 posts, read 34,246,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
They also use mentally handicapped baggers. In the beginning, I was impatient with the speed, or lack of it, that they caused at checkout. But, I chose to talk to them, call them by name, and help them bag. Grocery shopping for me is not unpleasant at all.
The Kroger near my parents' house is down the street from a group home for developmentally disabled people, and they are hired as baggers as well. True, they're not the fastest, but like you say, they're out there doing the best job they can and they're friendly and proud and helpful. Not a bad thing at all.

Old 11-26-2012, 01:31 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,282,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
The Kroger near my parents' house is down the street from a group home for developmentally disabled people, and they are hired as baggers as well. True, they're not the fastest, but like you say, they're out there doing the best job they can and they're friendly and proud and helpful. Not a bad thing at all.
I have a friend who is developmentally disabled. She's worked for more than five years at a supermarket in California. She's Employee of the Month constantly because she's so utterly dedicated doing (literally) anything they ask her to do. Can you imagine how many people would actually be enthusiastic about lining cans up to the edge of the shelf or neatening the piles in the produce department, or washing the shopping carts? Also, she's the longest serving person in her level of associates. I expressed surprise about that once and she giggled, "All those boys they hire ... they get caught drinking the beer and they get fired." She's also dedicated to following the rule about not accepting tips. I wonder if "those boys" could say the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.