Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2012, 05:54 PM

5,346 posts, read 9,855,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
I guess I'm the only one on this sub-forum eating this tonight for dinner?

This offer doesn't seem to be doing much for BK's business. There is a BK near my home and yesterday evening at 6 pm there was ONE car at the drive-thru and no customer cars in the parking lot. At the same time the McDonalds next door had cars lined up at both lines of the dual drive thru and customers cruising the parking lot waiting for a parking spot to open up. The Arby's and White Castle in the same strip had many customers as well.

BK is always the one that has the least business. This is an impartial observation, as I don't eat fast food at all but drive by these restaurants often on my way home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2012, 05:58 PM

20,935 posts, read 28,420,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
I guess I'm the only one on this sub-forum eating this tonight for dinner?
I guess so I used to eat BK now I won't even go near it. Haven't in 3 years.The onion uings last time I had them weren't the same as I remember when I was a kid.

Old 12-08-2012, 06:48 PM

5,035 posts, read 9,223,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missik999 View Post
This offer doesn't seem to be doing much for BK's business. There is a BK near my home and yesterday evening at 6 pm there was ONE car at the drive-thru and no customer cars in the parking lot. At the same time the McDonalds next door had cars lined up at both lines of the dual drive thru and customers cruising the parking lot waiting for a parking spot to open up. The Arby's and White Castle in the same strip had many customers as well.

BK is always the one that has the least business. This is an impartial observation, as I don't eat fast food at all but drive by these restaurants often on my way home.
We just passed a BK, which seemed rather empty. I don't know if this was very well publicized. The first I heard/read about this was right here, right now - not that we would have stopped there had we known about it.

Old 12-08-2012, 07:11 PM

5,346 posts, read 9,855,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheyDee View Post
We just passed a BK, which seemed rather empty. I don't know if this was very well publicized. The first I heard/read about this was right here, right now - not that we would have stopped there had we known about it.

They have had commercials on tv in this area for the past week or so. Most of the BKs around here have had major remodeling done in the past year or two, and they have added Freestyle soda machines, the first fast food restaurants in the area to have them.

Even so, the restaurants always appear empty. I don't know how they can afford to stay in business.

Old 12-08-2012, 07:33 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,902,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missik999 View Post
They have had commercials on tv in this area for the past week or so. Most of the BKs around here have had major remodeling done in the past year or two, and they have added Freestyle soda machines, the first fast food restaurants in the area to have them.

Even so, the restaurants always appear empty. I don't know how they can afford to stay in business.
They couldn't. They are now owned by some kind of Brazilian investment firm, and I doubt they will be able to salvage BK.

I like BK and their products. I don't think the whopper is worth the price, or is any competition against the big mac though. For the money, I'd rather order a couple double cheeseburgers and be done with it. They can keep their wussie burger and their 2nd rate fries

Old 12-08-2012, 08:14 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,780,434 times
The one near me is always busy. There's usually at least 2 busses off the highway exit around lunchtime, and another two or three at supper time. Plus the usual local fare. The location is key, because they're not only right on and off the highway, they're also at a traffic light where another street runs off the main road, leading to another town. So they get north/south traffic, and traffic coming from the east right into their parking lot, plus the highway. And room in their parking lot for 10 buses and the usual local traffic. I've never seen 10 buses but there's room enough for them in the back of the lot.

Oh ours isn't owned by a Brazilian firm. It's a privately owned franchise, like many (though not all) BKs in this country.

Old 12-08-2012, 08:34 PM

6,292 posts, read 10,598,476 times
Burger King is gross. We have a nick name for whoppers-colon cleansers because that's what happens when you eat one of those nasty greasy things.

Old 12-08-2012, 09:25 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,029,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheyDee View Post
I hadn't heard of it, but the deal is not very impressive anyway. I get coupons all the time in the mail for buy one Whopper and get one Whopper free. Why would I get excited for buy one Whopper and get one Whopper for 55 cents? If they really wanted to make a deal of this, they would have just sold every Whopper for 55 cents, and promoted the hell out of it.

Old 12-08-2012, 09:30 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,029,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazkat9696 View Post
Burger King is gross. We have a nick name for whoppers-colon cleansers because that's what happens when you eat one of those nasty greasy things.
Do you ever actually eat there? From my experience BK seems quite a bit less greasy then most other fast food places, i.e. McDs.

Old 12-08-2012, 09:32 PM

6,292 posts, read 10,598,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
Do you ever actually eat there? From my experience BK seems quite a bit less greasy then most other fast food places, i.e. McDs.
Not any more because of what I described, and I don't eat McDonald's either. YUCK

I stick to Taco Bell and Chick-fil-a.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink