Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 05:15 PM

6,489 posts, read 8,810,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SATX56 View Post
Zip Line...
I like this idea!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2013, 06:59 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,036,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I'd probably take off my shirt and use it to sweep my way to safety. LOL I do worry about being alone when something dreadful happens. I fell off a step and broke my ankle several years back. I was laying on the garage floor and couldn't move, fortunately my 13 year old son was home and he called 911 for me.

Old 01-05-2013, 08:27 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,163,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maggie2101 View Post
As soon as I opened the door a container fell out onto the granite counter top and shattered into a bazillion pieces with the larger pieces falling to the hard tile floor and shattering.
First off I'd say "Who the **** put the ***** dish where it would fall on the **** floor?"

Then I'd remember it was probably me so I'd hop up on the counter and do the butt scootch until I was away from the broken glass. Sweep up as much of the broken glass as possible. Damp mop the floor with wet paper towels to get what I missed. Then I'd write a note that said, "Do not go into the kitchen in your bare feet!" and tape it to the front door. Then I'd go to Target to buy some plastic storage containers. And probably a nice bottle of wine.

Old 01-05-2013, 10:34 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,207,396 times
I like the big pan, or plate theories, to place them down to step on them like stepping stones

Old 01-06-2013, 02:25 AM

5,419 posts, read 9,194,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maggie2101 View Post
I was putting some leftovers away and opened the upper cupboard that contains glass containers we use for leftovers. As soon as I opened the door a container fell out onto the granite counter top and shattered into a bazillion pieces with the larger pieces falling to the hard tile floor and shattering. Naturally, I was not wearing shoes as I very rarely do in the house. Looking down at my feet I saw huge chunks and small chunks and slivers of glass surrounding my feet.

Luckily, I had hubby and son nearby and yelled for someone to come and bring me some shoes. I can't imagine what I would have done if I had been alone. It took Son and me 30 minutes to clean it up. There was glass inside the silverware drawer, and all the way into the breakfast nook.

How would you deal with situation if alone in the house?
I know it's probably gross, but I'd likely hop onto the counter, kick my legs over, and that would put me out of the broken glass zone in my kitchen. I'd then fetch a pair of shoes and clean it up.

If you're desperate enough, everything has a solution. lol.

Old 01-07-2013, 04:29 AM

2,135 posts, read 4,272,454 times
For starters who keeps glassware on the top shelf!? Lol. Also it must have been stacked haphazardly to fall. We have a shelf (lower shelf!) with glassware and it is all stacked everywhere and stuff falls all the time. Not a big deal though obviously.

Now to the question at hand. Honestly I would have reached for 2 more glassware containers and put them on the ground and put my feet in them and scooted my way to safety. Or just walked through it. You will probably end up bleeding I'm sure, but your not gonna die in 5 minutes either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink