Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 08:21 PM

24,606 posts, read 55,872,758 times

Advertisements

It seems to be. I've heard they even sell 'ready to eat' raw cookie dough in the US. Albeit, I've had cookie dough in ice cream here, and if I recall there was a Kit Kat with cookie dough, it's not something that is eaten as a snack food. I thought the idea sort of shocking when I first learned about it, actually. Now I enjoy Ben and Jerry's or other ice cream with cookie dough in it.

Is it eaten in any other countries? Maybe Canada? How did it get started?

Old 01-22-2013, 08:26 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,766,790 times
It's not a snack the way chips or popcorn or pretzels are. Stereotypically, it's eaten by women in pajamas who are either depressed or on their period. But that's just a stereotype.

It has a certain appeal, but I doubt anyone eats it on a regular basis.

Old 01-23-2013, 10:25 AM

32,541 posts, read 47,642,724 times
Generally eaten when making cookies and the last of the bowl is scraped out and eaten. Like licking the bowl when making a cake.

Some years ago, one of the ice cream companies came out with a cookie dough ice cream. It was a long time ago and I can't remember which company. But that was a hit and it took off from there. Was it Ben and Jerry's? They have always been adventurous with new combinations. Or maybe Baskin Robins?

Old 01-23-2013, 10:26 AM

18,432 posts, read 34,271,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
It's not a snack the way chips or popcorn or pretzels are. Stereotypically, it's eaten by women in pajamas who are either depressed or on their period. But that's just a stereotype.

Or my boyfriend, lol

Old 01-23-2013, 10:26 AM

32,541 posts, read 47,642,724 times
Also, I suppose it could be any flavor, but the only raw cookie dough for eating "raw" has always been chocolate chip.

Old 01-23-2013, 10:39 AM

20,879 posts, read 28,244,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post

In bold where did you here that? I am a woman and eat raw cookie dough, raw brownie batter and raw cheese cake batter and I don't do it my pajamas and I am neither depressed or on my period, I taste it when I am making it.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:03 AM

16,226 posts, read 27,329,943 times
I think it's gross and never really got into it, but my kids love it. I had a friend in grade school who lived across the street and she came over to help me make chocolate chip cookies. We had one tray in the oven and one on the counter waiting to go in, and when I turned back around I saw a smeary spot where one of the blobs of dough had been. I looked at Shannon, my friend, and she was grinning like the Cheshire Cat. I asked her if she just ate a raw cookie, and she said she thought the dough tasted better than the baked product. That was back in the 80s, so who knows how far back this custom has been around?

Old 01-23-2013, 11:26 AM

4,030 posts, read 10,732,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
I think it's gross and never really got into it, but my kids love it. I had a friend in grade school who lived across the street and she came over to help me make chocolate chip cookies. We had one tray in the oven and one on the counter waiting to go in, and when I turned back around I saw a smeary spot where one of the blobs of dough had been. I looked at Shannon, my friend, and she was grinning like the Cheshire Cat. I asked her if she just ate a raw cookie, and she said she thought the dough tasted better than the baked product. That was back in the 80s, so who knows how far back this custom has been around?
We did back in the 60's when I was a little kid. My kids did it, and still do even though they are now grown. When they were in high school some organization one of them was in was selling tubs of cookie dough as a fund raiser, so I bought several. Every time I would take a tub of it out of the freezer to thaw so I could bake some of them, the boys would eat it all before I could get to it. I personally like the dough better than the cookies, unless the cookies are still warm from the oven.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:30 AM

3,549 posts, read 1,540,164 times
I've never eaten raw cookie dough and I don't know anyone who eats it.

Old 01-23-2013, 01:17 PM

18,887 posts, read 27,349,956 times
Not sure about dough, never saw one do it, but NOT eating fish and mushrooms and red caviar definitely is. It's like Americans were brainwashed into not eating one of the best foods available.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink