Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2016, 02:25 PM

5,151 posts, read 4,492,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMMc View Post
2. You must have eggs confused with dairy (you know, milk products?), because eggs do NOT have curds, ever. Dairy has curds...cheese curds, curds & whey.

Geeze, you must be right!
What ever was I thinking!?!?

How To Make Soft, Creamy Scrambled Eggs — Cooking ...
soft scrambled egg curds from The Kitchn | Inspiring cooks, nourishing homes
www.thekitchn.com/how-t...
Apartment Therapy's The Kitchn
194 cal
Aug 3, 2015 - The secret here is cooking the eggs low and slow — low heat, plus plenty of time for soft eggy curds to gradually form.

Scrambled Eggs - Bon Appetit
//www.city-data.com/forum/food-...common-mistake...
Bon Appétit
Feb 11, 2015 - Making scrambled eggs isn't exactly rocket science—but our test kitchen ... For large, creamy curds, use a sweeping motion with the spatula, ...

Soft-Scrambled Eggs | Serious Eats
soft scrambled egg curds from Serious Eats: The Destination for Delicious | Serious Eats
//www.city-data.com/forum/food-...ambled-eggs-re...
Serious Eats
May 14, 2015 - This recipe produces moist scrambled eggs with medium-size curds. ...

The Best Scrambled Eggs Recipe - NYT Cooking
soft scrambled egg curds from cooking.nytimes.com
cooking.nytimes.com/.../1015676-the-best-scrambled-eggs
Rating: 4 - ‎272 votes - ‎40 min - ‎296 cal
For silky, outrageously good scrambled eggs, cook them low and slow This method ... breaking up the curds as they form, until the mixture is a mass of soft curds.

Basics: How to Make Soft Scrambled Eggs | SAVEUR
Basics: How to Make Soft Scrambled Eggs | SAVEUR
Saveur
Apr 5, 2015 - Make perfect soft scrambled eggs by using a double boiler for low, even ... even heat that eggs love (think custards, curds, and pastry creams).

If you watch the pictorial at seriouseats you will even see what soft scrambled eggs look like while cooking in the pan....scroll down and see Fluffy eggs cooking in the pan to see that they look different.

There is also this at the end of the soft scrambled eggs pan pics

The resulting eggs are creamy and moist, but not wet or runny.

Tips and Tricks for the Best Scrambled Eggs, Your Way | Serious Eats
So...you had to research various internet sources to learn how to make scrambled eggs?

Well, you know, if it's on the internet, it must be true!

P.S. My end product looks EXACTLY like that photograph! How in the world??

Last edited by MarciaMarshaMarcia; 02-06-2016 at 03:01 PM..

Old 02-06-2016, 03:29 PM

6,418 posts, read 7,213,585 times
That photo looks too yellow

Old 02-06-2016, 04:31 PM

10,865 posts, read 16,937,603 times
When someone says, "I just learned a new and better technique for cooking XYZ," I have come to the conclusion that there are two types of people in the kitchen:

1) The person who is open to suggestion. "Let's hear this new and improved way of cooking XYZ!"

2) The person who says, "I've been cooking XYZ my way my whole life. And family members before me. My ancestors came down from the trees and started cooking XYZ exactly the this way. [Censored] you and your [censored] advice."

You can guess quite a bit about group #2 -- how they vote, what their circle of friends looks like, their weight, etc.

If Gordon Ramsay offered to show me a new and improved way of cooking scrambled eggs, I'd ['effing] pay attention. However, if I told him I had a way of cooking scrambled eggs that was better than his way, I guarantee you that he'd want to see it (or at least hear it if he was pressed for time). Why? He's no fool.

Old 02-06-2016, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
When someone says, "I just learned a new and better technique for cooking XYZ," I have come to the conclusion that there are two types of people in the kitchen:

1) The person who is open to suggestion. "Let's hear this new and improved way of cooking XYZ!"

2) The person who says, "I've been cooking XYZ my way my whole life. And family members before me. My ancestors came down from the trees and started cooking XYZ exactly the this way. [Censored] you and your [censored] advice."

You can guess quite a bit about group #2 -- how they vote, what their circle of friends looks like, their weight, etc.

If Gordon Ramsay offered to show me a new and improved way of cooking scrambled eggs, I'd ['effing] pay attention. However, if I told him I had a way of cooking scrambled eggs that was better than his way, I guarantee you that he'd want to see it (or at least hear it if he was pressed for time). Why? He's no fool.

Lol!

Old 02-06-2016, 06:43 PM

51 posts, read 87,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarciaMarshaMarcia View Post
So...you had to research various internet sources to learn how to make scrambled eggs?

I know how to make them.

Various internet sources?

Nice try.

Did you miss the multiple mentions of CURDS? You know, curds... those things that can't possibly be found in eggs,.... scrambled, soft scrambled or otherwise.

Probably, otherwise you'd have to eat your words. Hopefully, they'd be soft.

Oh! I'm sorry... did I forget to add a smiley/snark eraser emoticon??
Probably cuz I didn't see one when you decided to wade in with the snark.

"You must have eggs confused with dairy (you know, milk products?), because eggs do NOT have curds, ever. Dairy has curds...cheese curds, curds & whey."

Who's confused again?

Old 02-06-2016, 07:00 PM

32,790 posts, read 36,046,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarciaMarshaMarcia View Post

No, he was showing you that the word curds was used in all of those recipes.

Old 02-06-2016, 07:19 PM

3,451 posts, read 7,036,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post

I'd be more interested in what Jacques Pépin had to say about scrambled eggs.

Having said that I believe the correct way to make scrambled eggs is open to personal preference.

Old 02-06-2016, 07:50 PM

10,865 posts, read 16,937,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlerain View Post
I'd be more interested in what Jacques Pépin had to say about scrambled eggs.

Having said that I believe the correct way to make scrambled eggs is open to personal preference.

Notice that Pepin's way is mostly identical to Ramsay's way:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/19/di...ques.html?_r=0

But by all means, whisk with a ton of liquid and salt and then beat the crap out of the eggs in a screaming hot pan if that's what floats your boat.

Old 02-06-2016, 08:20 PM

32,790 posts, read 36,046,145 times
Pepin beats his eggs before adding to the pan, and they don't look like gruel or porridge...like those other ones.

Old 02-06-2016, 08:35 PM

Lol to all the above...enjoy your eggs!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink