Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2013, 09:01 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,833,234 times

Advertisements

Dunno what you guys all eat here, but I need some fat in my morning meal. Whether it's seeds or something, cereal never seems to work. But sausage biscuits, do. That or a small pack of trail mix.

I've been eating a 7-11 biscuit sometimes for breakfast with a Monster Khaos.... or a McDonald's biscuit .. this adds 15 minutes to my drive time for the McDonald's ... and sometimes.. 15 minutes of sleep wins. . I actually hit on something yesterday that was pretty good. Jimmy Dean's Turkey sausage links on a soft hamburger bun. And at 2.44... (price reduced is normally like 3.55 for 4 servings).... with the $1.50 for the 6 buns..... it's still pretty reasonable. I don't want to get banned for "slammng" a product.... but 7/11 biscuits leave some desirability in the offering.

Long story short, Jimmy Dean Turkey links are awesome. (In my opinion.) I was pretty amazed at how tasty they were. If' you've never tried 'em, give them a shot. Or if you know something better, send a shout out. I'm always looking to try new things.

My dad's pork sausage patties are better, actually, but they are made from venison and pork butt with his secret spice recipe. Then again, that takes hours of love.

Last edited by 70Ford; 04-23-2013 at 09:11 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2013, 09:11 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,307,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Dunno what you guys all eat here, but I need some fat in my morning meal. Whether it's seeds or something, cereal never seems to work. But sausage biscuits, do. That or a small pack of trail mix.

I've been eating a 7-11 biscuit sometimes for breakfast with a Monster Khaos.... or a McDonald's biscuit .. this adds 15 minutes to my drive time for the McDonald's ... and sometimes.. 15 minutes of sleep wins. . I actually hit on something yesterday that was pretty good. Jimmy Dean's Turkey sausage links on a soft hamburger bun. And at 2.44... (price reduced is normally like 3.55 for 4 servings).... with the $1.50 for the buns..... it's still pretty reasonable. I don't want to get banned for "slammng" a product.... but 7/11 biscuits leave some desirability in the offering.

Long story short, Jimmy Dean Turkey links are awesome. (In my opinion.) If' you've never tried 'em, give them a shot. Or if you know something better, send a shout out. I'm always looking to try new things.

My dad's pork sausage patties are better, actually, but they are made from venison and pork butt with his secret spice recipe. Then again, that takes hours of love.
Rep for you.
70 Ford, I share your love of sausage (and cars/trucks).

What I don't love about the sausages found in restaurants and grocery stores are the deadly additives they contain.

Most of the companies put a lot of crap in their sausages: nitrates/preservatives, MSG, and other known carcinogens and/or cancer growers.

Unless I can get fresh and free, I severely limit my intake of the others.

Last edited by picklejuice; 04-23-2013 at 09:21 PM..

Old 04-23-2013, 09:16 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,516,173 times
I also love breakfast sausage, both patties and links. Rep to 70Ford!

Old 04-23-2013, 09:20 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,833,234 times

Goodbye - YouTube

Getting it done faster... LOL. Sausage or my 70 Ford.

13 6 - YouTube

Old 04-23-2013, 09:22 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
My parents did the farm family thing, and got a whole hog as a Christmas present for my three grown siblings and I this past year. We each got a quarter of a small-operation, farm raised pig bought from a neighbor, processed and ready for deep freeze. I have gone through most of that amazing, non-chemical-laden bulk sausage that came with my quarter, and am judiciously hording what is left. The bacon? Long gone. Plenty of pork chops, pork butt, and ham steaks left, though. Mmmm. Pig.

Old 04-24-2013, 06:27 AM

3,145 posts, read 5,959,320 times
Country Sausage...no "breakfast" sausage can compare. Of course we have our favorite sausage makers, but most real country sausage I have isn't bad at all.

We usually like a medium to hot heat level...yes, sausage should be spicy.

Links in natural casings...loose to be made into patties...loose cooked like ground beef (broken up) and then eggs poured over for a jaw dropping scramble.

My favorite is a link, cooked & split, and placed in a home made biscuit (mayo please). Oh dear....

Old 04-24-2013, 09:50 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,701,448 times
Oh heck to the yeah. Obviously nothing compares to fresh slaughtered small farm raised hog. However this is my favorite commercial product. We buy the 1lb tudes, semi freeze them and slice into patties. I've made thousands of lbs of home made sauage since I was a kid and now I don't mind someone else doing it. Made locally in Sunnyvale by a family owned company.

New York City!!!

New York Style Sausage Company "Often Imitated, Never Equaled"

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink