Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2007, 05:23 PM

6,023 posts, read 14,066,267 times

Advertisements

My wife is making crab cakes as I type this. Not from caned crab but from opilio crab legs. Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm !

Old 11-13-2007, 07:08 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,309,354 times
I aked my husband if he'd put together dinner last night. So that ment "fish" night. He made some wonderful Maui Maui. I made cauliflower and potatoes for sides. As, usual, his fish turned out great!

Old 11-13-2007, 08:33 AM

And as for dinner tonight...again, my husband is making dinner. Harris Teeter had some beautiful shrimp on sale....so he's going to saute' them. He puts garlic, green onions, stick of butter (of course), Italian seasoning, salt and pepper in a fry pan...once that cooks a bit he adds 1/2-3/4 cup Marsala wine...heat all of that and adds shrimp and cook til' pink. Then he puts it all on a plate, spoons a bit of the juice over the shrimp and tops with Cilantro. Yum!!

Old 11-13-2007, 10:38 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,326,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
I couldn't find a thread covering this but I could have missed it if there is one. Anyhow, I don't know about anyone else but I am so tired of just figuring out WHAT to make for dinner each night!! I get stuck making the same dishes and it's getting old fast!! Please help by giving us all some interesting and easy ideas!!!
HiI totally agree with u. The dinner decision gets old...To spice things up a little I try to get everyone in the family involved a little. To be honest this does not always work well, but it spreads the responsibility of dinner around. I have taco night. Scramble the ground beef, chicken or turkey. Chop up veggies and everyone makes their own. Soups are also quick dinner ideas. Start with chiken, beef or veg. stock. Add fresh vegs.(fresh or frozen) and meat(optional) of your choice. Season to taste. Cook slowly till everything is ready and serve. U can also add things like various noodles, cooked rice, beans, or potatoes if u like. Finally, my all time favorite is spinach and egg wraps. In a skillet melt butter or olive oil add onions spinach, stir in beaten raw eggs. Cook to your liking. Add a little cheese and salsa, wrap it up anyway u want and serve. If all else fails I have all the cereal and milk u can eat nights

Old 11-13-2007, 12:19 PM

1,195 posts, read 5,411,529 times
With the winter season here and roaring at us, I take a roasted chicken (already roasted from the store) boil it until it falls off the bone then I put the meat and juices in a crock pot, add vegetables, noodles a bit more spices and walla the next evening you have some great soup. Sure warms up the cold night especially here in Alaska

Old 11-13-2007, 12:27 PM

200 posts, read 888,304 times
Tonight...it's the traditional newlywed casserole:
Chicken and rice!

I'm off the hook on an elaborate meal after the lasagna-from-scratch on Sunday

Old 11-13-2007, 12:53 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,742,666 times
Here is a great one.

Take a bunch of chicken thighs and put in baking pan...add a bottle of Robusto Italian Dressing (wish bone) Throw (literally) brown sugar over the chicken.

Cover with tin foil and cook for two hours in a 250 degree oven (YES 250) with the tin foil on.
After two hours cook without the tin foil for another two hours.

So good and yet so simple! Enjoy!

Old 11-13-2007, 12:57 PM

24 posts, read 88,471 times
Ham Hocks and Beans, baby.

Tired and getting over the flu today, so I'm dragging out the crock pot. The flavors just meld together so well in the crock pot.

I even take mine on vacation! I'm a dork, I know.

Old 11-13-2007, 01:14 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,742,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haven View Post

Tired and getting over the flu today, so I'm dragging out the crock pot. The flavors just meld together so well in the crock pot.

With getting over the flu you need a little of this

Feel better...http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd13/Debzpicks/chickennoodle.gif (broken link)

Old 11-13-2007, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haven View Post

That's my FAVORITE meal. You just can't beat that wonderful flavor. Hope you're feeling better today. Your ham and beans will make you better!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink