Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2008, 04:48 PM

21,274 posts, read 6,348,218 times

Advertisements

Fish heated up in the oven. Really didn't feel like making a large meal for just me.

Old 09-16-2008, 04:54 PM

8,893 posts, read 4,543,526 times
This is from a Kraft magazine: Bruschetta Chicken Bake

It was quick and easy, I was afraid the stuffing would dry out so I put a few tablespoons of white wine over the top halfway thru cooking.

1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 (6 ounce) package Stove Top Stuffing Mix for Chicken
1/2 cup water
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
1 cup Shredded Low-Moisture Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place tomatoes in medium bowl. Add stuffing mix, water and garlic; stir just until stuffing mix is moistened. Set aside.
Place chicken in 13x9-inch baking dish; sprinkle with the basil and cheese. Top with stuffing mixture.
Bake 30 min. or until chicken is cooked through.

Old 09-16-2008, 05:03 PM

52,688 posts, read 47,955,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Might I suggest the avacado egg rolls and the thai lettuce wraps? We share and it's more than enough for 2!!!!
My wife has made 2 quiche, broccoli and swiss, Yippeeeee!!!!!!
Avocado with anything would make a wonderful appetizer or side. One of these days, I'll try to get really creative and do some guacamole with a Mexican dish I've never made before. What I'm proposing is something completely out of the ordinary, but it is in the works. I'm still thinking it over, but it would be a great idea.

Old 09-16-2008, 05:09 PM

746 posts, read 2,176,306 times
My two favorite ways to eat avocado:
1. Make pico de gallo and add diced avocado and lime juice.
2. Mashed up and spread on a sub with my favorite fixings and red onion.
Delish!

Case-let us know how your idea turns out!

Last edited by geekduo; 09-16-2008 at 05:12 PM.. Reason: added

Old 09-16-2008, 05:18 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,311,123 times
Oh No!! Hubby bought some fresh shrimp and Talapia tonight--so guess what? Yep, that's what we are having for dinner! He's busy making up his "brew" and it smells great! I am making some french fries to go along with it. Tomorrow will have to be the pork chops! No problem---I'm flexable!

Old 09-16-2008, 05:22 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,311,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
Dinner is in the final stages of prep and smells so good. Better half decided she want some biscuits to make sure none of the gravy went to waste so a can of the quickie kind went into the oven and are calling my name. Brown rice won out over noodles for the roast and gravy. Jalapeno corn for me while the wife made her's plain. Tonight is dessertless unless I can invent one on the fly. I've been know to mix some dark corn syrup into a dessert dish of creamy peanut butter and pretend it was a peanut pie in a dish. There may just be enough whipped cream to top one of these little jewels off.
I am still laughing out loud about your dessert! You just kill me! Too funny! Peanut Pie dish! Oh my! You should write a book!!

Old 09-16-2008, 05:31 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,587,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
I am still laughing out loud about your dessert! You just kill me! Too funny! Peanut Pie dish! Oh my! You should write a book!!
Well don't stop laughing just yet because I did make myself a dish of it tonight. My dad made that up over 70 years ago. I still like it once in awhile. The interesting thing is my wife started making a cheese cake when she saw what I had going on. I never said a thing. She figured it out on her own. I was desperate for something a little on the sweet side.

Old 09-16-2008, 05:34 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,869,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
Dinner is in the final stages of prep and smells so good. Better half decided she want some biscuits to make sure none of the gravy went to waste so a can of the quickie kind went into the oven and are calling my name. Brown rice won out over noodles for the roast and gravy. Jalapeno corn for me while the wife made her's plain. Tonight is dessertless unless I can invent one on the fly. I've been know to mix some dark corn syrup into a dessert dish of creamy peanut butter and pretend it was a peanut pie in a dish. There may just be enough whipped cream to top one of these little jewels off.
LOL actually my bro and I used to make this but we added powdered sugar to it and choco chips when we were kids... because it was a no bake dessert and we weren't allowed to use the stove. They make really yummy choco-peanutty bars once set in the refrigerater for a bit... it is funny to hear you doing it now though. Makes me want to go make a batch right now.... if I didn't give up chocolate that is...

Old 09-16-2008, 05:41 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,587,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
Makes me want to go make a batch right now.... if I didn't give up chocolate that is...
Well can you use that there white sort of chocolate? The kind I put on my pretzel sandwiches. Almond bark I think it is called. I didn't have any regular chocolate and didn't think to raid wife's white stash.. I let her think it's hid...

Old 09-16-2008, 05:49 PM

9 posts, read 31,799 times
Well being from Mississippi I have several finger licking good recipes so email me when you want something different, [EMAIL="i_do_hair_2005@yahoo.com"]i_do_hair_2005@yahoo.com[/EMAIL]
Here is you an easy one, put it all in a big crock pot and serve with rice.
Simple Seafood Bisque:
1 bunch green onions chopped finely, 1 stick butter, 2 cans cream of potato soup, 1 can cream of mushroom soup, 1 8 oz. cream cheese, 1 can whole kernal corn-drained, 1-2 Tbsp. Tony Chachere's Seasoning, 1 lb. shrimp, crawfish, or crabmeat, or ALL 3, 2 pints half and half. Cook til it thickens just a lil bit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink