Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2008, 11:00 AM

2,410 posts, read 6,004,497 times

Advertisements

Today will be the chicken alfredo I didn't make last night.

Old 09-17-2008, 11:10 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,043,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheyDee View Post
It sounds strange with the grape jelly, but it came out really good. DH had THIRDS and I never saw him do that in all the years we are married.
The combinations of meats and fruits is really underrated. The results are often fantastic. If you pair them well, the fruit flavor can really enhance the flavor of the meat or poultry.

Old 09-17-2008, 12:13 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,742,666 times
I haven't a clue for tonight's dinner......had the leftover homemade chicken soup last night...perfect weather for it.

It was my weigh in night too. I think maybe tomorrow I will make a pot of beef/barley soup.

Maybe a lean cuisine tonight. Eggplant Ravioli for hubster.
I have to go out tomorrow night, Friday night and all day Saturday...Now that the good weather is here I'll have to plan better next week.

Dying for steak tips with my special marinade.

Can ya tell I just cannot make a decision today??????

Old 09-17-2008, 12:24 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,849,768 times
Again so much good stuff going on.

I am going to try Amber's chimi's soon.

CrazyW-you'll make an executive decision soon.

Company's gone-it was a great time.

Last edited by LaceyEx; 09-17-2008 at 12:39 PM..

Old 09-17-2008, 12:30 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,503,069 times
My shredded beef tacos got pushed back to last night, and OMG! Almost as good as a San Diego mexican restaurant taco. And it only took me 6 years to figure it out!

I think we need to eat them again tonight.

Old 09-17-2008, 12:30 PM

392 posts, read 990,930 times
No dinner tonight. Maybe just apple & carrots. Had a big lunch of sour beef & dumplings at a restaurant. It wasn't as good as I make in my pressure cooker but it was very filling.

Old 09-17-2008, 12:31 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,587,345 times
Wife called and said she is bringing burger patties ready to cook. I know we can make do with those. I forgot to mention the fact I had one for breakfast. Today is my lucky day because she in never going to know. Unless Murphy reminds her to ask... Tonight's will be better with the cheese and jalapenos and the other must haves that I missed out on this morning. If you are going to be bad make it worth it so I think some potatoes are going to be formally introduced to my iron skillet... Have a great day everyone.

Old 09-17-2008, 12:32 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,134,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheyDee View Post
A few nights ago I made a beef roast in the slow cooker, which turned out great.

First I put powdered onion soup mix into the bottom of the crockpot. (No liquid.) I placed the beef on top of that. Last, I added a small jar of grape jelly on top of the beef. Once during the day I turned the roast over, so the other side of it was sitting in the liquid that it made.

I cooked it all day on "low".

When I was ready to serve, I whisked some flour into the liquid in the crockpot and served it as a gravy.

It sounds strange with the grape jelly, but it came out really good. DH had THIRDS and I never saw him do that in all the years we are married.
CheyDee, this sounds great with the grape jelly. I have a pot roast slow cooking now in the oven. I serve my pot roasts and beef stews with fresh horseradish on the side, as well as orange marmalade. We love the fruit flavor of the marmalade, so I know that the grape will be equally as delicious.

This lovely piece of chuck roast should be ready in about 4-5 hours. I started it at noon with a quick searing and then added my water to cover, some ketchup, garlic and seasonings. I keep it in a 310° oven for several hours to really tenderize it. For the last hour I throw in my redskin potatoes, a large onion- halved, garlic cloves, carrots and cabbage wedges.

Don't you love the flavor of the gravy that comes from a pot roast filling the air with "Come and get it!"

Old 09-17-2008, 12:36 PM

48,129 posts, read 22,002,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemkeeper View Post
CheyDee, this sounds great with the grape jelly. I have a pot roast slow cooking now in the oven. I serve my pot roasts and beef stews with fresh horseradish on the side, as well as orange marmalade. We love the fruit flavor of the marmalade, so I know that the grape will be equally as delicious.

This lovely piece of chuck roast should be ready in about 4-5 hours. I started it at noon with a quick searing and then added my water to cover, some ketchup, garlic and seasonings. I keep it in a 310° oven for several hours to really tenderize it. For the last hour I throw in my redskin potatoes, a large onion- halved, garlic cloves, carrots and cabbage wedges.

Don't you love the flavor of the gravy that comes from a pot roast filling the air with "Come and get it!"
I agree, I have a couple of recipes for beef brisket made with current jelly and lipton onion soup mix [at least that is what I remember; its been awhile] I guess I will have to look that up now because I am not sure I remember it right.

Old 09-17-2008, 12:42 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,849,768 times
Yes I have a sweet/sour beef brisket recipe loaded w/onions, garlic, ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar-life's great when I make that one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink