Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2008, 05:28 PM

47,855 posts, read 21,879,068 times

Advertisements

I got the cobbler creeping crust thing going in my oven with some local macintosh apples......I think I needed to put it on a cookie sheet.....did yours run over the top of the 9x12?

Old 09-17-2008, 06:11 PM

259,023 posts, read 90,226,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandsGal View Post
I just "assigned" BF to make Gem's cobbler -- only with fresh peaches instead because that is what we have at the house. Can't wait to try it when I get home!!
Please let us know how he does?? I'm in hopes of doing this tomorrow on my on and that's a scary thing. I love baked goods with fresh peaches. Making a list and checking it thrice so I'm not short and ingredient before leaving for the market in the morning.

Old 09-17-2008, 06:57 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,775,101 times
You know - leftovers are better when company's gone-they were so goooodddd. Maybe it's putting your jammies on and chillin'.

Hanging it up now and headed to TV-land with hubby.

Old 09-17-2008, 06:59 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,832,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley View Post
The combinations of meats and fruits is really underrated. The results are often fantastic. If you pair them well, the fruit flavor can really enhance the flavor of the meat or poultry.
Someone had us over and made a rub out of salt, pepper, and cinnamon...broiled the chicken... then glazed it in an apricat jam for a while longer... it was amazing... love fruit on my meat.

Old 09-17-2008, 07:08 PM

259,023 posts, read 90,226,184 times
If someone would give me a push I could just roll on into bed. I did those burgers up right. I had made an experimental batch of slaw with some plain store bought slaw and then I fixed it up with some Louisiana Lightning sauce and bright yellow mustard. After two of them farther lace with jalapeños and ketchup and a 1/2 plate of fries I'm just chillin and pecking around in my favorite threads. The only thing that we missed is those burgers would have been all the better with some chocolate ice cream.. Not much chocolate over the last few days and the winds of correction with blow some in soon I hope.. Have a good night all.

Old 09-17-2008, 07:20 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,236,894 times
Tonight will be tri tip steak with peppers, delicata squash fries, tomato slices, and cole slaw.

Old 09-17-2008, 07:40 PM

3,367 posts, read 11,030,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
Lancashire Hot Pot: a description and a recipe please please please.
Lancashire Hot Pot is a British legend!

It's a Northern English warm-you-up stew made from basic, cheap ingredients (it's a poor miners' food).

Lamb is the meat (originally it would have been mutton tho) thinly sliced potato is the starch, veggies are usually onion, maybe carrot, but that's pretty much it. It's the way the potatoes soak up the lamb juices and go a bit crispy at the edges that makes the dish...to achieve that it has to be really, really long-slow-cooked.

You end up with a rich meat stew in a delicious gravy.

A lovely bit of history here....
"Finding two cooks who will agree on what should go in a Lancashire Hot-Pot is about as easy as finding a straight-talking politician......"
Food Legends of the United Kingdom, Lancashire Hot Pot, , Lancashire

Recipes...some suggest kidneys - it's optional, don't worry!

Traditional Lancashire Hotpot from Delia Online

endless recipes are on line - but Delia's always a safe bet.

English Recipes from LancasterAuthentic. England's finest small group travel in England, walking vacations, driver guide tours

Old 09-17-2008, 07:47 PM

3,367 posts, read 11,030,412 times
Nearly forgot to say, dessert tomorrow (DH birthday) will be Banoffi Pie

It's another British classic... this one's from our home county, Sussex.

Wondered if anyone here has tried it - or made it?

Old 09-17-2008, 07:50 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,832,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southdown View Post
Nearly forgot to say, dessert tomorrow (DH birthday) will be Banoffi Pie

It's another British classic... this one's from our home county, Sussex.

Wondered if anyone here has tried it - or made it?
Ok I give, what is it?

Old 09-17-2008, 07:53 PM

21,274 posts, read 6,326,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
If someone would give me a push I could just roll on into bed. I did those burgers up right. I had made an experimental batch of slaw with some plain store bought slaw and then I fixed it up with some Louisiana Lightning sauce and bright yellow mustard. After two of them farther lace with jalapeños and ketchup and a 1/2 plate of fries I'm just chillin and pecking around in my favorite threads. The only thing that we missed is those burgers would have been all the better with some chocolate ice cream.. Not much chocolate over the last few days and the winds of correction with blow some in soon I hope.. Have a good night all.
Okay here's your push. Hope you were close enough to the bed so you didn't get hurt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink