Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2008, 09:04 PM

3,591 posts, read 1,153,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I had reheated taco cassarole, the others had a chicken wrap from Costco...

would you share your recipe for the taco cassarole? Sounds like something I could make spicey

Old 09-28-2008, 09:05 PM

3,367 posts, read 11,059,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amberbaby27 View Post
Cyn I would have called you but it is too late. I am back from Palm Springs. We had a wonderful trip. Of course I cooked since we have the trailer, but I don't mind since I like cooking..... The lasagna idea with creamy pesto sauce pfffffffffff.... Went out the window when hub told me it was going to be 104' there. Not turning oven on in that temp. So I BBQ'ed Lemon Dill Chicken, nice thick cut top strloins, and made angel hair el pesto.

I made hub a grilled ham, chs, and egg sand when we got home. My son ate mac n chs. Then cinnimon toast.

Tommorow is Monday night football so I will be making a pot of Wedding Soup, crusty bread, & butter.

I had to read a good 10 or so pages to catch up and I did. Welcome to the new! Welcome back to the old! Now lets get cooking!
Heeyyyy welcome home! Let's get cooking indeed!

We had bbq beef turned into stew with dumplings ... sounds odd but was really good!

Wedding soup sounds yum, with the teeeeeny lil meatballs? mmmm

Old 09-28-2008, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Tonight we're having Thai chicken soup.

Really easy to make and tastes good, plus won't have to cook tomorrow. Nice to come home from work on a Monday and not have to worry about dinner.

This sounds good too.... Recipe please

Old 09-28-2008, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southdown View Post
Heeyyyy welcome home! Let's get cooking indeed!

We had bbq beef turned into stew with dumplings ... sounds odd but was really good!

Wedding soup sounds yum, with the teeeeeny lil meatballs? mmmm

Was the beef left over? I could imagine this turning into very tender meat. You sure as heck cannot go wrong with dumplings Thanks for the welcome back SouthDown! The wedding soup will be my first attempt but I am on a mission ha ha. It is hub's favorite. Everytime we go back east PA he has to have it. So I am going to try and bring a litte bit of back home home

Old 09-28-2008, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Was the beef left over? I could imagine this turning into very tender meat. You sure as heck cannot go wrong with dumplings Thanks for the welcome back SouthDown! The wedding soup will be my first attempt but I am on a mission ha ha. It is hub's favorite. Everytime we go back east PA he has to have it. So I am going to try and bring a litte bit of back home home
Had the bbq beef in the slow cooker all day, then everyone said they weren't so hungry...so instead of doing a big dinner (with mashed potatoes and all the trimmings), I took the meat out of the cooking stock, added a few cut up carrots and a potato and a pint of water, simmered with the dumplings for 15 mins, put the beef back in... and that was it really. They ate it up like starving urchins - not hungry, huh??? Honestly....

Love wedding soup...enjoy the mission!!!

Old 09-28-2008, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Had the bbq beef in the slow cooker all day, then everyone said they weren't so hungry...so instead of doing a big dinner (with mashed potatoes and all the trimmings), I took the meat out of the cooking stock, added a few cut up carrots and a potato and a pint of water, simmered with the dumplings for 15 mins, put the beef back in... and that was it really. They ate it up like starving urchins - not hungry, huh??? Honestly....

This sounds reall yummy! I am happy it turned out so well and was a hit with the family As for the wedding soup we will see...

Old 09-28-2008, 09:30 PM

Quote:
This sounds reall yummy! I am happy it turned out so well and was a hit with the family As for the wedding soup we will see...
Wedding soup - there are about 4 million recipes out there - which one will you choose?!!!

You'll make it with love - best recipe ever

Old 09-28-2008, 09:32 PM

2,119 posts, read 3,712,512 times
Chili, cuban bread and tomato salad. Delicious.

Old 09-28-2008, 09:43 PM

2,398 posts, read 5,409,950 times
I found a recipe somewhere online called Taco Stuffed Shells using those large pasta shells. It was really good, I'm glad I tried it tonight.

Old 09-28-2008, 10:49 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
Quote:

wedding soup is the bomb! perfect opportunity to recruit some friends to roll those baby meatballs, have some wine, and enjoy each other!
Hmmmmmm, havent made wedding soup in a while, and havent seen some friends either.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink