Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2008, 10:19 AM

21,274 posts, read 6,331,869 times

Advertisements

Just came back from the store. Now to decide whether to have ravioli, open faced roast beef sandwiches with gravy or Italian stuffed peppers (stuffed with Italian hot or sweet sausage instead of ground meat).

Old 09-30-2008, 10:24 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,713,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlerain View Post
Many, many years ago my sister did something similar...my mother gathered up all of the pots, pans and dirty dishes and put them on my sister's bed...she never did it again!

When my daughter was a teenager and the word "no" meant nothing to her at the time she would smoke in her bedroom.I saved all the cigarette butts and one day I put them in her bed and made her bed really really nice with her favorite sheets and when she got in............VOILA!

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh don't tell anyone that I was that mean.

Old 09-30-2008, 10:26 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,713,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Anyone have any idea for chicken breasts that is quick, and comforting? I was thinking of doing the recipe on the stuffing mix box with the condensed cream soup and sour cream, but then I have to go to the store again and buy the stuffing. Any other ideas?
I take chicken and soak it in a mixture of milk, garlic, basil, tarragon, seasoned salt and black pepper. Let it sit until you are ready to cook. Take it out of the milk and dip in bread crumbs and bake. Delish!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-30-2008, 10:32 AM

3,367 posts, read 11,038,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njmike View Post
Just came back from the store. Now to decide whether to have ravioli, open faced roast beef sandwiches with gravy or Italian stuffed peppers (stuffed with Italian hot or sweet sausage instead of ground meat).
I'll have the stuffed peppers with Italian sausage, please.

What time is dinner?

Old 09-30-2008, 10:36 AM

12,014 posts, read 11,252,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southdown View Post
I'll have the stuffed peppers with Italian sausage, please.

What time is dinner?

Ditto!!

Old 09-30-2008, 10:37 AM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,415,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
.......I saved all the cigarette butts .....I put them in her bed and made her bed really really nice with her favorite sheets and when she got in............VOILA!
Oh, NO.....you DIDN'T DO this !!!!! .....ROTFL.....
Did ya really ???????

OMG.....ROTFL.....

The only thing I remember my parents doing was, when I was a teenager, I usually locked my door....all the time...saying something along those lines of "wanting my privacy, keeping "intruders" like my brothers out."
Well....until I came home and found my door off the hinges AND learning the hard way, that privacy is a PRIVILEGE and not a "given".(Especially, when it's not even MY house....LOL)

Quote:
I take chicken and soak it in a mixture of milk, garlic, basil, tarragon, seasoned salt and black pepper. Let it sit until you are ready to cook. Take it out of the milk and dip in bread crumbs and bake. Delish!!!!!!!!!
Crazy...THIS sounds very easy, and yummy!
And, I LOVE basil and tarragon immensely!
I should try this.....and I think, I am going to.
All I need are the measurements....how much to use of each ?

Or is it the measurement my mom drives me crazy with : A little of this, a little of that......LOL

Last edited by MB2; 09-30-2008 at 10:46 AM..

Old 09-30-2008, 10:44 AM

Katsmeeyow and Southdown, Around 7 okay? If not let me know and I'll adjust the time.

Old 09-30-2008, 10:46 AM

12,014 posts, read 11,252,118 times
I'll bring the wine!

Old 09-30-2008, 10:46 AM

16,226 posts, read 27,318,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southdown View Post
I don't know if it's comforting but I have a recipe for poached chicken, you can cook it in a pan or foil parcels and the chicken is very moist and tender.

I'll find the recipe in a moment!

But, basically, you can put anything in the pan/parcel - onion, herbs, spices, white wine, lemon, garlic....

It's the way it cooks in its own juices that makes it yummy....
I used to make lemon herb chicken this way like a gajillion years ago - fold it into foil and toss it onto a cookie sheet and bake - thanks for reminding me about this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB2 View Post
That's the same dilemma I am facing today.
Have the breasts....but no clue on what to do with it, nor do I feel like running to the store today.

I guess, the 'logical" thing for me to do, is rummage trough my pantry, and take an "inventory" of what I have.
With that, I am going to a recipe website, and "match" a recipe, with what I have on hand.

I am sure, I will come up with something.
How do you "match" a recipe to ingredients you have? I could use a website like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
This sounds good - does the coating get crispy? I might throw in some celery salt too, I love the flavor it adds to chicken.

Thanks for the tips everyone - I am inspired!

Old 09-30-2008, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsmeeyow View Post
I'll bring the wine!
Alfredo or red sauce?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink