Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2008, 03:35 PM

1,309 posts, read 4,191,594 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
CrazyW-narrowed it down and saw basically what I had in mind and decided color. Bridemaids wearing caramel, I'm thinking mocha. They said I can wait til Dec.
Great colors. The dresses are sooo classy now. I loved my bridesmaids' dresses back in '92, but looking back and they seem so cheesy now. They were a fuschia satin with the big puffy things on the shoulders.

Old 09-30-2008, 03:47 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times
The ones I saw today were so elegant-nothing frumpy Mother of the Groom stuff!

It really hit home today-LOL.

Old 09-30-2008, 03:50 PM

2,218 posts, read 3,453,491 times
Hello to all,
I am new to this forum...I like the idea of getting good ideas from others on what to cook tonight. I love cooking and, if I do say so myself, I am very good at it.

Tonight I am making fajitas with queso fresco, avocado, tomato and lettuce. Sides of fresh corn and a nice big salad.

I am marinating some chicken pieces in the bitter orange juice that is sold in Latino markets. I love what it does for chicken when it is combined with fresh garlic, cumin, chili powder and cracked pepper. 24 hours in a plastic bag with the marinade and then onto the grill it goes. Yum...I must be in a Latina mood for food this week!! And I am Belgian LOL

Old 09-30-2008, 03:53 PM

8,893 posts, read 4,543,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightAttendant View Post
Hello to all,
I am new to this forum...I like the idea of getting good ideas from others on what to cook tonight. I love cooking and, if I do say so myself, I am very good at it.

Tonight I am making fajitas with queso fresco, avocado, tomato and lettuce. Sides of fresh corn and a nice big salad.

I am marinating some chicken pieces in the bitter orange juice that is sold in Latino markets. I love what it does for chicken when it is combined with fresh garlic, cumin, chili powder and cracked pepper. 24 hours in a plastic bag with the marinade and then onto the grill it goes. Yum...I must be in a Latina mood for food this week!! And I am Belgian LOL

Welcome, bunch of great cooks here and good conversation..

48,132 posts, read 22,004,457 times
Quote:
Hello to all,

Welcome!

Your marinade sounds like the ready made one by Goya called "mojo" do you make yours or use the Mojo ?

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times
Welcome FlightAttendant and looking forward to more of your yummy stuff.

Old 09-30-2008, 03:58 PM

Wow, thank you for the very nice welcome.

THe Goya product I use is actually called Bitter Orange Marinade. Dont ask me why its called marinade because you certainly must supplement it with garlic, herbs, chilis etc.

Honestly, the chicken that results after 24-30 hours of marinating is absolutely fantastic. Its one of those things that tastes "bigger" than the effort. I usually serve it with some sort of rice cooked with broth and a big salad (see the trend? I am a salad fanatic) and perhaps some nice fruit for dessert.

High five to all,

Kitt

Old 09-30-2008, 04:03 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,595,230 times
Thanks for the chicken tips FlightAttendant. Glad you could join us. Our dinner tonight is the most famous of cop outs. Grilled cheese and tomato soup.

Old 09-30-2008, 04:06 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,869,300 times
Quote:
Hello to all,

Welcome to the Thread! We have lots of fun in here and everyone is full of great ideas! Your dinner sounds great btw... Nomadicus that would be a perfect dinner for tonight if hubby weren't doing WW... I would love to load up a couple of buttered pc of WHITE bread, grilled golden brown with TONS of dripping cheese... mmmmmmmmm... it is COLD and really rainy here... that is a good cold weather meal.... totally jealous right now...

Old 09-30-2008, 04:20 PM

I am gonna love this forum....what is it about foodies? The most friendly and sharing bunch in the world...all continents, all cultures.

Look forward to many many fine posts here, Hugs, Kitt
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink