Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2008, 10:20 AM

8,893 posts, read 4,543,266 times

Advertisements

Afternoon all, it is a bit chilly here in FL and the right temp for some good comfort food. We are suppose to go out tonight for dinner but am in the mood for some beef stew. Hubby is out right now and will leave the executive decision up to him!

Charley the soup sounds great, will have to keep that one!

Old 10-28-2008, 10:33 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,867,628 times
LOL.... I am almost embarassed to admit this... and I never do this... bit is is SOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo cold outside and the flakes aer mixed with some rain at the moment... I am sipping on (forbidden) coffee and sitting in sweats and a sweatshirt and my four year old is in her pjs and we are cuddled under a blanket watching cartoons.... BRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..... I think I am opening some Campbell's Chicken Noodle and doing the heat and serve for dinner tonight.... LOL.... I don't want to get out from under the blanket......

Old 10-28-2008, 10:39 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,741,931 times
Cyn kids are totally amazing. One of my little day care kids (18 mos) came here last week with a broken collar bone.....There is not much you can do for that but they had her wrapped which she kept getting out of. I watch her crawl with such strength in her arms like it never happened...I was afraid to pick her up in fear I would hurt her....I think it is bothering me more than her.
The only problem with your GS is that it is at the mouth which you have to keep clean so for every bite he takes he has to be wiped. OUCH

Old 10-28-2008, 10:46 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,309,354 times
True---it will have to be constantly cleaned. But the good thing is the mouth heals so fast. I've had Amber at the emergency so many times as a toddler/young girl. She was just so active and with a brother only a year older then her it was so hard. I can't think of a place she hasn't had some kind of stitches..well, it seems that way anyhow. I think the most difficult part of this whole thing is the distance we have between us...I can't just run over to her house and be there. I guess it's all about learning how to live this way. I just want her to move here!

Old 10-28-2008, 10:51 AM

3,897 posts, read 1,228,138 times
It is so cold here that I really want to fix a pot of chili today, but hubby just wants me to fix hamburgers and fries.......what doesn't he understand about needing to fix 'comfort food' when it's this cold??? LOL

After I get out of PT tomorrow we are heading up to Norris Dam State Park to check out the leaves and go to a restaurant that hubby heard is serving ' fried dill pickles'!!! All I can say is YUCK!!!! His other favorite side dish is 'fried green tomatoes'!!

I think that before we leave tomorrow, I'll put some chicken , carrots, celery and rice in the crockpot with cream of chicken soup and chicken and rice soup! Then when we get home tomorrow night, the house will smell yummy and dinner will be ready!!

Lacey, how's hubby doing today?
Cyn, I'm sure your g'son will love being able to have popsicles anytime of the day!! And the cold will feel so good on his sore little mouth!!

Old 10-28-2008, 10:55 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,867,628 times
Oh, trips to the hospital are never fun.... scary yes... fun no.... my 4yo broke her collar bone last year and cried herself to sleep- but landed on her head- so hubby and I thought it was a head problem... ambulance came and everything..... NEVER a fun thing.... poor baby and POOR AMBER.... not a fun night for either of them I am sure.... or YOU Cyn.... I know my mom would be worried as all get out as Grandma.... YES Popsicles milk shakes and ice cream are great and he will think he is getting a treat the whole time!

Old 10-28-2008, 11:01 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,741,931 times
I hear you on the distance Cyn. I don't know what I would do if my kids lived far away.

Old 10-28-2008, 11:21 AM

6,023 posts, read 14,066,267 times
It sounds like it's turning out to be "chicken day" for many here. I guess we'll be having "Chicken Frederico" for those who have never heard of or had this dish, don't feel bad it is only available in my house. Chicken Frederico is only available when my wife bakes her famous upside-down chicken and makes gravy with the drippings, (I sprinkle a bit of hot sauce on the chicken). Mashed russets with butter and green beans cooked with bacon and a splash of balsamic vinegar and garlic toast made from English muffins, buttered and topped with pickled jalapeno slices. A mini, store bought chocolate cream pie is going to be the desert, (and I'm still not fat) ! Naaa Naaa Naaa Naaa Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa !

Last edited by Rickers; 10-28-2008 at 11:35 AM..

Old 10-28-2008, 11:22 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,261,770 times
Lacey, hang in there, kiddo. Let us know how Mr. L does,, ok? We're here for you.

Nomad, I'm so sorry to hear about your cousin's prognosis. Prayers are headed his way and yours, too.

I have a pot of churkey soup on the stove right now. We had some roasted chicken and roasted turkey leftover, so I threw them both in a pot for churkey soup. It smells so good in here right now. It'll be lunch for a while. Tonite, DH is planning on some marinated salmon. We had a sample at Costco and I even liked it (I usuallydon't like salmon), so that's the protein part. I'm hoping for some rice... think he'd take a hint??? Yeh, I'm sure he will.

"Cold" here, too. It was 50-something when we got up this morning and is supposed to climb into the upper 60's. Tomorrow a.m. is supposed to be low 40's - a possible record breaker!

Have a good evening.

Old 10-28-2008, 11:51 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,357,424 times
My honey is going strictly atkins, as well as are his twin boys. We were doing something similar to it, Ketogenic diet together, but I felt like there were too many things that were bad for me.

I am high risk for colon cancer and osteoporosis due to family history, among other things, and these are against me with this diet.

Soooo... I am back to some meat and vegetables and carbs, and they are completely atkins. I think one of the twins has switched back to a normal diet now.

Anyone else here have their family on different types of diets within the house and have to cook different things?

It is not so bad, just have to do more meat and a little bit of side for me, and maybe now one of the twins. Tonight bf has London Broil in the crockpot. He seems to be making beef bbq out of it. Right now in the kitchen teaching world history to his boys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink