Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2008, 04:54 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,569,549 times

Advertisements

The DW is in the kitchen practicing here recycling skills with some baked chicken legs. For now the rest is a mystery except for the box of spinach I saw go in the nuker. I will melt Velveeta over mine. Most likely a ripe tomato on the side. Those are usually a given at dinner for me. I am conscious of the need for V-C each and every day.

Old 10-31-2008, 04:59 PM

1,555 posts, read 2,519,443 times
Thanks Guys, you lifted my spirits.
I started down this road yesterday and hope to see some light soon.

Old 10-31-2008, 04:59 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,363,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellothereIN View Post
Tootsie rolls, blow pops and wine.

YUM! Having Snickers, Butterfingers, and Shiraz myself

Gonna have to do a LOT of walking tomorrow

Old 10-31-2008, 05:02 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,333,392 times
Congratulations to the newest star in the CD firmament: our beloved chocoholic, Tang-loving, fellow foodie Nomadicus! You deserve that recognition, and I'm glad to see you getting acknowledged in that manner. Wear it proudly - and now we'll get going on adding the second one!

Typing in between trick-or-treaters here; I left the office at 5:00 (which only happens once or twice a year) so I could be home in time to see the littlest ones, who are always the cutest. Oh, the older kids are funny, too, and I enjoy all of them, but there's something so incredibly compelling about a two-year-old dressed up like a pink M&M, clutching a bag as big as she is, looking up our front steps with big eyes and trying to get up the courage to whisper "twick oh tweat" for a piece of chocolate. Love this day!

Hey, a page or three back, I saw something about a road trip headed up to Minnesota with a bucket of tomatoes, a bucket of oranges and some gator tail... howsabout y'all swing by Madison on the way and pick me up, too? I'll contribute a bucket of cheese curds to the cause, and once we get there, we can deep-fry them suckers and really have a good time. I'll bring a sleeping bag, Lacey, so don't worry about making up an extra bed. What time should I watch for you, Noma?

Old 10-31-2008, 05:03 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,845,822 times
B-G we have a great leader - her name is Cynwldkat and she's lead us to better things.

Old 10-31-2008, 05:06 PM

485 posts, read 1,313,973 times
Talking Gold star/shining star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
The DW is in the kitchen practicing here recycling skills with some baked chicken legs. For now the rest is a mystery except for the box of spinach I saw go in the nuker. I will melt Velveeta over mine. Most likely a ripe tomato on the side. Those are usually a given at dinner for me. I am conscious of the need for V-C each and every day.

"YOU'RE A SHINING STAR...NOMADICUS, THAT'S WHO YOU ARE!"

My way of saying congrats!!

Old 10-31-2008, 06:01 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,845,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwesternBookWorm View Post
Congratulations to the newest star in the CD firmament: our beloved chocoholic, Tang-loving, fellow foodie Nomadicus! You deserve that recognition, and I'm glad to see you getting acknowledged in that manner. Wear it proudly - and now we'll get going on adding the second one!

Typing in between trick-or-treaters here; I left the office at 5:00 (which only happens once or twice a year) so I could be home in time to see the littlest ones, who are always the cutest. Oh, the older kids are funny, too, and I enjoy all of them, but there's something so incredibly compelling about a two-year-old dressed up like a pink M&M, clutching a bag as big as she is, looking up our front steps with big eyes and trying to get up the courage to whisper "twick oh tweat" for a piece of chocolate. Love this day!

Hey, a page or three back, I saw something about a road trip headed up to Minnesota with a bucket of tomatoes, a bucket of oranges and some gator tail... howsabout y'all swing by Madison on the way and pick me up, too? I'll contribute a bucket of cheese curds to the cause, and once we get there, we can deep-fry them suckers and really have a good time. I'll bring a sleeping bag, Lacey, so don't worry about making up an extra bed. What time should I watch for you, Noma?
lots of room MWBW-curds are good. Think we have a party started-Cyn ready?

Old 10-31-2008, 06:26 PM

513 posts, read 896,755 times
Grilled cheese and homemade corn chowder. Apple crisp for dessert

Old 10-31-2008, 06:56 PM

4,604 posts, read 5,775,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
We have decided we are "skipping" Halloween and going out to our local watering hole. It's a captain and diet night!

Food? I'll shove something in my piehole when I get home..
oh yumm.. that's captains morgan spiced rum yes???? Love that stuff but only when it's cold out and have it over crushed ice. MMMMMMMMM

Old 10-31-2008, 06:59 PM

4,604 posts, read 5,775,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsmeeyow View Post
JessieG - hope your back will be ok!

We are having homemade vegetable beef soup, some grilled cheese, and did I mention LOTS of chocolate!
That sounds so good. Put the heating pad on the back as soon as I got home and it feels pretty good. I think with a good nights sleep I'll be ok. God it's H E double hockey sticks getting old. What EVER.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.