Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2008, 08:45 PM

3,591 posts, read 1,152,975 times

Advertisements

We had sloppy joes! I didn't even cook my hub did He can cook out of can or box. That is what he grew up on. Not me though. I will eat it every once in a while. I spent the day at papa's house. I did so much yard work my brain is even tired Endless raking due to leaves and pine needles galore. Wheel barrels full! I am still not done and I am so sore! Owell papa does alot for me too

Dinner tomorrow.......... help I can't think

To all of you a good night. Baby gets his stiches out tomorrow yeah!!

Last edited by amberbaby27; 11-02-2008 at 08:53 PM..

Old 11-02-2008, 08:52 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,556,021 times
That's good news for the baby. I hope no scar? I have one still that is over 60. Fell on a table and cut my eyebrow. Oh well I turned out to be a real food junkie anyway. Now for your dinner? There is always meatloaf and mashed potatoes with pickled beets. Simple enough for my simple aging mind.

Old 11-02-2008, 08:56 PM

3,591 posts, read 1,152,975 times
ha ha hub would eat meatloaf morning, noon, and night. No scar if I can help it. I have something called maderma. It is suppose to really help. We will see... For the price it better ha ha ha

Old 11-02-2008, 09:01 PM

5,893 posts, read 12,807,206 times
Mmm. Meatloaf sounds good! Haven't made one in ages, but you've motivated me. Tonight I had dinner out on the way home from a photo shoot. Had fajitas with a mix of beef, chicken and shrimp. Yummy!

Amberbaby27, Mederma is really good stuff. I had a large mole removed from above an eyebrow a few years back and used it daily on the stitches and for a while after they came out. You can't even tell I had anything done now.

Old 11-02-2008, 09:14 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,332,100 times
Amber, so glad to hear the stitches are coming out! Hope the lad keeps his good looks, though a well-placed scar can add a rakish appearance that is reputed to be irresistible to the opposite gender.... which of course would raise a whole new set of problems. Hopefully those are a long ways in your future yet!

Busy day today, reviewing the DVD lecture I missed last Wednesday due to the Capitol Steps show (which was MUCH better than Mr. Would-Be Comedian lecturing interminably about audit controls), helping the daughter move a carload of boxes out to her new apartment, putting away same, and the usual housework/dishwashing. Spouse went with fixing the leftover BBQ chicken with bread that he was leaning toward this morning, and he did indeed try out the potato-leek fritters from our Harmony Valley Farm newsletter. They are quite good, though even half a recipe was way too much for just the two of us. They're very solid, and would be a good choice for a big family after a long day of raking leaves or other cool-weather outdoor activity. But I still think we'll hang on to the recipe, as it combines some good flavors.

Awaiting a call from the son in La Crosse; he had promised to give a jingle yesterday, then got caught up in socializing with a bunch of fraternity alumni who came back to town for the weekend and forgot all about calling his mother. No, I won't guilt-trip him about it.... much. Seeing as how he's still dependent on us for his tuition, to say nothing of rent support and grocery assistance, I ought to be able to get a fair bit of mileage out of it, but I'll let it drop eventually. Say, around Christmas or so.

Here's wishing all of you a wonderful week, with plenty of great food and great companionship!

Old 11-03-2008, 04:45 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,843,220 times
Morning all-well another Monday!

Noma-years ago one of the people where I worked marinated marashino cherries in vodka. She would bring those in for our Christmas party buffet!! Whoo-hoo.

Amber good luck w/RD today. My daughter has to be careful with stitches as she's kelatious (sp)-the scar would look like a rope.

No idea yet-yesterday was like a spring day and we really should have grilled some burgers-have an urge for a nice juicy cheeseburger!

Old 11-03-2008, 04:59 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,298,706 times
Good morning all my fellow foodies! Wow! You've all been busy!

MWB..I so understand about that "phone" call. I also understand about the kids "forgetting". I was very fortunate as my kids always remembered but it was me that was bad about it with my parents. Maybe that's why I was so strict about it with my kids. It really matters that we know all is well with our children! I'm sure your son will totally have a better understanding of that by Christmas! Ha!

Nomadicus, my X use to make fudge with maraschino cherries in it all the time. It is so good. It tastes very much like chocolate covered cherries. I believe he just made regular fudge and added cut up cherries..but he didn't cut the cherries small he left them in chuncks. Yummy!

Welcome PhotoGal! You have come to a fun and informative thread with the bestest people around! We are food lovers and food lovers to be (that's for those of us still learning how/what to cook)!! This is a thread we come to to enjoy!!

Amber, I'll bet you are tired--I remember all to well raking that yard!! It's an acre lot that is covered with trees! Let me know how the baby does regarding the stiches being removed!

Laceys chicken cacciatore was even better the second time around! I was nearly licking my plate! Good to hear your hubby is eating better and on the mend lacey! With you by his side making such great meals how could he not get better?

Not sure about dinner tonight..but I'm pretty sure it will be something I know how to make. It's going to take me awhile to feel confident enough to try something really different. Although I'm thinking I might make up a small batch of roasted veggies for lunch just to experiment to see if I can figure out what I did right the first time and wrong the second time. It's still bugging me! Ha! Maybe that is a good sign!

Old 11-03-2008, 05:32 AM

Morning, all- another Monday already. Somehow, the "extra" hour of sleep doesn't really seem to help much.

Finally heard from the kid in La Crosse last night, and had a nice chat. He's actually getting moderately decent grades this semester, which both astounds and gratifies me. Doing more cooking, too; the grocery where he works had a sale on beef tenderloin last week, so he asked me to give his dad a heads-up that he'd be emailing soon to ask for cooking guidance. And best of all, he confirmed that he had already done his civic duty and went to an early voting polling place on campus last Friday to cast his ballot. Wow.... maybe the lad is actually growing up????? 'Bout darn time, I'd say!

Supper today will be another one on the fly, a sandwich gulped down between the end of the work day and the drive to the far west side of town for another fascinating, scintillating, absorbing 4-hour DVD lecture about auditing protocols. Oh, boy. I can't wait. Really.

Have a good Monday, all, or try to; see you late tonight, most likely.

Old 11-03-2008, 05:54 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,298,706 times
I don't know how you do it MBW...watching such an interesting DVD lecture by such a wonderfully humerous instructer, after work? I'm just sure I'd have one very tuff time staying awake! I can see it now...the woman in the back seat, will you please wake up now--class has been over for 15 minutes already!!

Old 11-03-2008, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
I don't know how you do it MBW...watching such an interesting DVD lecture by such a wonderfully humerous instructer, after work? I'm just sure I'd have one very tuff time staying awake! I can see it now...the woman in the back seat, will you please wake up now--class has been over for 15 minutes already!!
<snort> Yeah, that's why I sit in the front row, not the back. And toothpicks propping the eyelids up help a lot, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink