Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2008, 06:45 AM

48,112 posts, read 21,992,097 times

Advertisements

Doing my part to help us reach the Big 1500; I just cooked DP a big sausage, bacon egg and rice breakfast.....so far I havent eaten.....we ate a little bisque after 10 pm when we got home from the concert.....I think that threw me off......but I am starting to get a little hungry....so in a bit I will make myself something.....Maltex Cereal perhaps.

Old 11-12-2008, 06:49 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,040,657 times
Good morning all,

Tonight could be leftover pork chops or leftover chicken. Since we've changed our eating habits we are eating less meat. Since we always buy the economy sizes, there is always an opportunity for leftovers. I never mind that. If the food was good the first time, it will be good again the second time!

Old 11-12-2008, 07:18 AM

4,103 posts, read 7,023,382 times
Last night I ended up reheating some taco meat I cooked and froze long ago instead of making spaghetti. So tonight I'll cook spaghetti.

Old 11-12-2008, 07:30 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,298,706 times
I took some chicken thighs out of the freezer and am considering trying something new again...YIKES!!!! Found a good sounding sesame chicken recipe. Not to difficult so hopefully I won't mess it up! Not positive yet but I am looking it over with some serious thought! That with some Jasmine rice and fresh broccoli if I get to the store and pick up the broccoli! My dinner plans do change often so will update later if it happens!

Old 11-12-2008, 07:32 AM

718 posts, read 2,360,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amberbaby27 View Post
I watched Paula Dean make corn friters while getting ready for work this am. I really want to make them. I want to eat them with no guilt ha ha (like Paula Dean). A stick of butter here a stick of butter there... and she licks her fingers ha ha ha. I like her cooking, but I think it would like me alot more, and stick around if ya know what I mean<33333333
The Paula Dean recipe for the corn fritters was pretty good. I made the first batch too big, having trouble getting the inside done. The smaller, the easier they cooked. To me, they just tasted kinda, blah...like they needed something. If I fix them again, I will add some finely diced jalapeno peppers and probably a little more salt! Overall, it was a great dinner!

Old 11-12-2008, 07:34 AM

3,367 posts, read 11,056,807 times
Morning all!! and good morning especially to Cyn for creating this wonderful place for us to chat and play!

Today I have run 5k (just finished) now off on a 10-mile bike ride, then cracking on with my new job (working from home) so I will be dropping in later to see how quickly we nudge up to the next big milestone - 15,000 posts!

Tonight is leftover night, all my little tupperware friends are coming back out of the freezer to be opened up - I think we have some Thai beef, beef stroganoff and bbq chicken, fortunately they all go with broccoli & rice!

Have a great day all!

Old 11-12-2008, 08:03 AM

2,489 posts, read 7,210,338 times
Morning all, tonight for dinner boxed mac and cheese. It is still rainy here and I am thinking my youngest and I are going to curl up on the couch and veg all day. Lazy day here.

Old 11-12-2008, 08:07 AM

2,410 posts, read 6,003,137 times
Well this morning is my doctor's appointment to see if that bone is healing. If not, then a blood test to make sure I haven't been smoking and then after that I have no idea what will happen. If it is then I can probably make an appointment with my other doctor and get started on Pain and Torture.... I mean Physical Therapy.

Anyway with snow on the ground and a cold chill in the air it's left over Spice Soup. I'll have to make another loaf of bread as well.

Old 11-12-2008, 08:08 AM

2,969 posts, read 6,942,261 times
movingtohouston, I'm jealous! I wish I could do that today

statefan and amberbaby, allrecipes.com has an awesome recipe for zucchini corn fritters I use. It makes a ton and the batter freezes well......

The sausage tortellini soup last night was so good! Had a kick to it using the hot sausage and it made plenty for leftovers, even though we had two bowls each.

Tonight we are going to look at our house to see how the new appliances look and check on a few other things and then we will either make the stuffed pork chops I was thinking about earlier this week or go out for Mexican.

Here's to 15,000 posts!! WOW!!

Old 11-12-2008, 08:21 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,380,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
Good Morning!

Tonight will be the swordfish steaks I defrosted in the fridge yesterday.... I think later I will put a lime, garlic and oil marinade on them....(I think I saw that on this thread a couple of days ago) I happen to have limes in the fridge that didnt go into a pitcher of Sangria Waste Not Want Not!
Yum. I love swordfish. Oh well Mahi Mahi is on sale this week so that's what I'm getting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Yep, looks like today is the day for that big 15,000 to hit here! Amazing....but the best part is all the fun and great information we have gotten here--and friendships! A little community of people who enjoy cooking, food and each other! Who could ask for anything better??? Good morning one and all!!!
Thanks for starting this thread. Here we come 15,000. Woo hoo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by southdown View Post
Morning all!! and good morning especially to Cyn for creating this wonderful place for us to chat and play!

Today I have run 5k (just finished) now off on a 10-mile bike ride, then cracking on with my new job (working from home) so I will be dropping in later to see how quickly we nudge up to the next big milestone - 15,000 posts!

Have a great day all!
Wow I am impressed. Good for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by molochai2580 View Post
Well this morning is my doctor's appointment to see if that bone is healing. If not, then a blood test to make sure I haven't been smoking and then after that I have no idea what will happen. If it is then I can probably make an appointment with my other doctor and get started on Pain and Torture.... I mean Physical Therapy.

Anyway with snow on the ground and a cold chill in the air it's left over Spice Soup. I'll have to make another loaf of bread as well.
I wish you the best. Good luck today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink