Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2008, 02:31 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,384,352 times

Advertisements

I'll do some wraps again. I experimented a little yesterday evening and it turned out pretty good.
Wraps were stuffed with:

ground meat fried without oil in a pan, onion cubes into the pan too, till golden brown
add some cream, some chicken broth, a tea spoon tomatoe paste, some cream cheese and lots of herbs. Simmer till nearly all the liquid is gone. Put this and some salad leaves and fresh herbs into the wraps.

Old 11-18-2008, 04:43 AM

9,912 posts, read 13,897,496 times
Tonight was chickpea curry.

Really easy, inexpensive and YUM!

Just browned some onion in a little olive oil, added a heaped teaspoon of minced garlic and one of minced chilli. Added diced capsicum (green peppers), sliced carrot and cooked for about 5 minutes, then added a can of drained, rinsed chickpeas, a can of tomatoes and a can of sweet corn and let it simmer till it was cooked.

Served it on a bed of rice with a big spoonful of tzatziki on top.

And for dessert fresh strawberries and vanilla ice cream.

Old 11-18-2008, 05:16 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,843,220 times
Good morning all and thank you for your thoughts and prayers. Life does go on tho.

Tonight will be a nice thick beef/veg stew-over noodles for Mr. L w/crusty bread, spinach salad for me.

Old 11-18-2008, 06:04 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,298,706 times
Good morning everyone!

Nomadicus and lacey, you and your friends are in my prayers. I am so saddened by the news.

We have some newbies I would like to welcome and thank for their sharing. We always have plenty of room for more great ideas here. Thanks! We have so many posters here now that I sometimes forget who are the newbies and who are occasional posters so please forgive me if I rep you with a welcome twice. That just shows how much I appreciate you coming to join in with us!

Tonight will be fajitas. I am still looking for a good recipe.......It looks like they all have a marinade for the steak and then you cook in all the other goodies. It should be interesting!

Yesterday we decided to stop in to Aldi's grocery store. We have been there once before but I wasn't very impressed (only did a quick walk-through the first time). But yesterday we took our time and really checked things out. I'm not sure about some of their products but so many were great buys. Produce was priced really low and looked good. Got a bag of 6 lemons that were lovely for $1.99 and a bag of limes for 99 cents. Butter for $1.69 a pound..can't beat that unless you go to Sams Club or Cosco, which we don't have close to our home. It was a better experience this time but I think that was because of a thread I read somewhere here that people were talking about it and I decided to go in and really look around. I wouldn't be able to do all of my shopping there as I have certain products I like and they are limited in what they have to offer. But for some great deals on certain things it was a good find!! For $37.00 I left with 3-4 bags of food. That hasn't happened in a very long time for us!

Old 11-18-2008, 06:10 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,739,063 times
Good Morning everyone. Not sure about tonight but wanted to say welcome to all the Newbies............
This means we will be able to get even MORE great recipes.

Old 11-18-2008, 06:21 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,865,469 times
Lacey, know your family and friends are in my prayers.... I am so sorry for your loss......

Welcome Newbies....Even more great recipes.... that is always good news.....

Tonight Hubby is taking me and the kids out to dinner!!!!! Today I am 31 So everyone go out and get that chocolate cake I ordered and those kettle chips.... LOL I am seriousl.... run.... go to it.....

Old 11-18-2008, 06:26 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,256,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Amber so happy you're safe-RD too.

Mr. L loved his linguine/garlic/oil/scallops. I had scallops and salad.

We got one of those "hearthurt" calls today-a very nice gentleman friend passed and he was only mid 50's. Prayers for Doug-thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
Not the best of days. Another friend on CD lost a classmate. Got to be hard at 15. I had the same when I was in school.

The pull pork tacos were so good. Finished off the yellow squash along with them and then raided the brownie plate. I can still reach this keyboard but not by much.
My heart goes out to your friends and families.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
Lacey, know your family and friends are in my prayers.... I am so sorry for your loss......

Welcome Newbies....Even more great recipes.... that is always good news.....

Tonight Hubby is taking me and the kids out to dinner!!!!! Today I am 31 So everyone go out and get that chocolate cake I ordered and those kettle chips.... LOL I am seriousl.... run.... go to it.....
Any S&V chips, skbs??? Happy b'day, cutie. Enjoy.

And welcome to our newbies.

Will let you know later what pops up for dinner.

Old 11-18-2008, 06:29 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,843,220 times
SKBS-wow I had that written down on my calendar to be the first this morning but so sorry-my head was elsewhere.

Happy 31st Birthday dear one and enjoy. I remember that year!

Old 11-18-2008, 06:33 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,865,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
SKBS-wow I had that written down on my calendar to be the first this morning but so sorry-my head was elsewhere.

Happy 31st Birthday dear one and enjoy. I remember that year!
LOL to give him the credit.... Nomad was the first.... he is so funny he made me my own birthday thread!

Old 11-18-2008, 06:37 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,384,352 times
Happy birthday skbs!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink