Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2008, 05:31 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,286,008 times

Advertisements

Well y'all, I had a late lunch and really am thinkin about that pb&j! Otherwise I am wanting something muchy. Actually what I would really love love love right now is some clam dip with crackers. Can't help it, I love it and I WANT IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-25-2008, 05:34 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,843,220 times
For this NYC/NY girl frozen pizza will not cut it-it was awful even with additions. But not worried-I told Mr. L I cannot wait til Thursday-and he said my T-giving dinner is the best (for him,anyway). Sleep well all.

Old 11-25-2008, 05:36 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,286,008 times
Hey Lace, did you see that thread about frying the frozen pizza in a skillet? I am surely trying that one!

Old 11-25-2008, 06:04 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,155,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
I was so bad I shouldn't post it. But they say confession is good for the soul so here goes. My mother took me to a southern style AYCE buffet. Well I had the twofer. That's a late lunch that doubles for dinner. I had fried chicken, collards, pole beans, mashed potatoes (not prefabs either), chicken & dumplings. Then came the dessert. A nice slice of white cake with coconut icing with a topping of soft serve. All that is lacking now is a brownie later in the evening. It may go lacking. Depends. The whole time we were eating I was thinking this is what NMS if famous for.
Nomad I have a great idea. Next time your mom can take ME. I'll take all the guilt for you.

Old 11-25-2008, 06:06 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,556,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpcats View Post
Nomad I have a great idea. Next time your mom can take ME. I'll take all the guilt for you.
I would be better off I can assure of that. I'm still drinking me tea real slowly..7 hours later..

Old 11-25-2008, 06:09 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,155,259 times
All this cooking you all are doing! It sounds nerve wracking!

I'm just going to be an eater, thank goodness!

I did cook tonight. Boiled thin spaghetti. Added store bought pesto sauce and I had some left over chicken cutlets from Sunday. Cut them up and mixed them in. Done! And not half bad.

Old 11-25-2008, 06:10 PM

124 posts, read 461,556 times
Cajun baked catfish (I used tilapia), lemon chicken portabella mushroom pasta, and broccoli with a couple pieces of Halloween candy to top it off.

Old 11-25-2008, 06:12 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,556,021 times
We uses to cook sauces down for hours on end when we had tons of home grown tomatoes coming in. Now it is most often the stuff in the jar. It works and frees up time to play with the kitties and pooch.

Old 11-25-2008, 07:39 PM

3,591 posts, read 1,152,975 times
Just a quick hello to all the busy cooks and eaters I have chopped all the veggies for the stuffing. I chopped all the green beans for the casserole. I have to toast the bread for the stuffing yet. Sweet potato souffle (JIMJ) recipe is going on tonight Cranberries too (Lacey recipe).

I find it funny that my hubs family turn there nose up at some of thanks givings treats. Sweet potato souffle?!! I am only making one portion and the same with creamed onions. Why? Ha ha my Dad will be happy about this ha ha ha.

Old 11-25-2008, 07:49 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,332,100 times
Wow, another busy one, no surprise. Trying to fit five days' worth of work into three actual workdays just isn't an easy task.

Supper was brats grilled on the cast-iron ridged griddle on the stovetop (a bit chilly hereabouts for outdoor grilling just now) with home fries. Solid and very tasty, really hit the spot.

The daughter's boyfriend remembered suddenly last night that he hadn't yet done the last step in the cabinet rebuilding project he undertook for us, and was in a tither lest it not be completed for Thanksgiving Day, so they came over this evening. He put the cabinet doors on, installed the latches, and patched some holes, all in about 20 minutes or so, and it looks absolutely perfect. If it were up to the spouse and me, we'd be futzing away at it for the next six months, and it would look like c**p. Then he assembled a cabinet rack and installed that, too, in about another 15 minutes, so I have a place to put away all my foil and plastic wrap. Absolutely amazing; what a good kid. So of course we fed them supper, since they spent a goodly chunk of their evening here.

And now they're off back to their cozy little apartment to do homework, and I've got a couple of butternut squashes roasting in the oven to mash for Thursday dinner. I still need to assemble the two stuffing casseroles as well, so I really *shouldn't* be stopping in here, but I needed a bit of sit-down-and-collect-myself time. Or at least that's my excuse!

Happy evening, all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink