Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2008, 06:17 AM

48,113 posts, read 21,992,097 times

Advertisements

Ah MWBW I hadnt noticed Lacey's new star shining bright.... CONGRATULATIONS Lacey!!!!!

Old 11-26-2008, 06:33 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,843,220 times
Thank you MWBW-a true buddy, Elston-so dear to me and Cyn-who just brought tears to my eyes and has become a very close friend!!!

That star wouldn't be there without all you wonderful people. Hugs to you all.

Old 11-26-2008, 06:54 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,298,706 times
Amazing how that could happen--to meet online only to find out we have so much incommon! So much! My daughter, Amber, talks to lacey and loves her as well. It's been a friendship made in heaven!! Now to get her moved to NC so we can live closer!! I'm praying!!

Old 11-26-2008, 07:06 AM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Default Red Wine for Risotto?

A question for the more experienced:

I know at least one contributor to this thread has spoken of maken a red wine risotto. I usually use white wine, then beef broth, ending up with a brownish dish. I'm curious how substituting red wine affects the final color? Will it look gnarly contraseted with green peas?

Old 11-26-2008, 07:07 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,380,896 times
Good morning all.

Welcome to our group David.

Congratulations Lacey. Woo hoo.

Well it's just my hubby and I so I will be doing Thanksgiving Dinner today. I am switching around because tomorrow is supposed to be our nicest day of the week and we will be working outside. No time to cook tomorrow.
So this is what we are having today.
French toast for breakfast.
Deviled eggs and shrimp cocktail to snack on.
Turkey and gravy
mashed potatoes
stuffing
cranberry sauce
baked sweet potato(for me)
creamed spinach(for me)
rutabaga
corn(for the hubby)
dinner rolls

Oatmeal Craisin cookies and Oatmeal Scotchies
Chocolate chip cookies
Cherry Pie
Pumpkin Pie

Should be enough for 2. Don't you think? lol.

I have the most incredible news to share. I got an early Christmas present from my step daughter last night. It was the best and most thoughtful gift I have ever received in my life.(That's saying alot). Anyway, as some of you know my husband and I built our own off grid house and I have been posting our whole story with pictures for months now. Well my sd, Nicole took everything I ever wrote with all my pictures and had a book made. I opened it last night and I didn't know what it was as first. I just stared at the cover which is a view out my front door and then I saw the author. It was my name. How cool is that? She really is growing up into a wonderful young woman. I just had to share. I am thankful that I have such a thoughtful stepdaughter.

Lisa

Old 11-26-2008, 07:09 AM

Oh YoungL-I have goosebumps-what a wonderful gift and what a thoughtful lovingSD you have!

Old 11-26-2008, 07:13 AM

Bird's cleaned, giblets,etc cooking, pie in oven-smelling good here. Don't you just love the smells????

Oh MWBW-pumpkin pie -I used non fat evap milk and low fat cream cheese,

Old 11-26-2008, 07:21 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,040,657 times
Our traditional meal the night before Thanksgiving is Pizza. Since we will have been cooking all day, we don't want to cook a meal and we're usually too tired to go out. So it's always pizza.

Traditional breakfast in the morning will be fresh bagels and coffee ... and I think you know what tomorrow night's dinner will be.

A very happy Thanksgiving to everyone!!

Old 11-26-2008, 07:22 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,492,577 times
Hi all.

Don't know what's for dinner as I've got the fridge pretty empty in preparation for Thanksgiving Friday, but quite possibly I will make quesadillas. I'm out of mozzarella, our fave quesadilla cheese believe it or not, so they will be made with munster. I like to put the taco sauce on the cheese and then fold it over so everything is warm. Good comfort food. I have just a little avocado sauce left, and plenty of red chile sauce.

Can't wait to try the red chile sauce on my turkey tacos!

Keeping my fingers crossed that the pampered chef floral cupcake holder I ordered on ebay arrives today. I want to make cranberry sauce in it, and have cute little roses and daisies.

Old 11-26-2008, 07:26 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,180,053 times
Good morning to you all on this chilly 30° day!

YoungLisa that is so awesome of a gift! Amazing really because it is so special to you and very crafty & thoughtful of her!

Lacey congrats girlie! That is awesome having another star I am a looooooooong way from getting the first one.

Today I will do my pies, cakes, date pudding baking then get corn casserole together to put in the oven tomorrow. Salads will be made once the oven is filled. I will make up my yeast dough for the rolls to be popping fresh on Thursday. We prefer just plain ole baked sweet potatoes so I will ready those as well. Roaster is sitting on the counter top waiting to hold the big guy that the smells will fill this home wall to wall. Noodles are made, cut & dried they are going to taste so yummy over mashed potatoes.

Ya all have a good day I am off to get my flu shot check in when I get back. I am avoiding any and all stores while in town today!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink