Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2008, 07:53 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,043,740 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,

That leftover London Broil is tonight's feature, along with a selection of veggies and Im not yet sure what starch (if any).

I think I mentioned that we made fresh bread with cranberry sauce drizzled through it that we used to make french toast. Well, we tried something else that was outrageous. We made peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for lunch using the cranberry bread. It was like eating a piece of cake! Delicious.

Old 12-02-2008, 08:00 AM

601 posts, read 1,904,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Hi Cyn-well no surgery-thank God. It appears it's Crohn's. He had just finished the prescription for Prednisone so he put him back on 2 a day. Tomorrow barium x-ray and back Mon. for results. Diet restrictions-no brocolli, cabbage, cauliflower, nuts, carrots, apples, strawberries, turnips,etc. Lifestyle changes!

Well at least now you know what it is and can take action to ensure he's
comfortable. Like you said Lifestyle changes.....no surgery (that's always good news!) A nice roast seems to be in order for today!!!!! Going to the freezer now to pull it out.
Have a good day all! Will be browsing today in the paper for more job opportunities.....slim to none

Old 12-02-2008, 08:15 AM

2,489 posts, read 7,211,890 times
Morning all, get well wishes to everyone who isn't feeling well.

Lacey glad to hear you hubby doesn't have to have surgury. I hope he feels better soon.

Tonight for dinner is the beginning of RED MEAT WEEK. Woo hoo!!!! Hubby is out of town for work so no chicken for me. YIPPEE! Oh I suppose I should amend the week's title to the "other white meat and red meat week" too. LOL

Anyways....tonight for dinner, something with BACON. I have been dreaming about bacon for awhile now. My kids woke up this morning and were asking "where's the bacon?" But alas Dad was still home so we have to wait until dinner.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Old 12-02-2008, 08:19 AM

849 posts, read 1,952,845 times
Lacey, I'm glad no surgery. I know Crohn's is such a pain to live with, I have a couple of friends live with Crohn's, but with proper diet it's manageable. I'm praying for you guys that God will give Dr's wisdom to properly diagnose and treat the condition.

My DD is not well and is staying home from school today. She was not feeling great yesterday, but after school she went out to the stable to ride her horse and spent a whole evening there. Not a good idea. Hopefully a rest will do her good.

Tonight's dinner is mahimahi, risotto and asparagus. Last night's stew was not good. Meat was too lean to begin with and the texture was not right. A waste of good wine. I'll see if I can do something with the left over. Maybe shred the meat and make into casserole with some noodles? I'd hate to throw it away.

Off to gym I go!

Old 12-02-2008, 08:46 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,503,069 times
Turkey tacos last night were sublime, so I might as well go for a SIXTH straight day of eating turkey and finish the stuff off tonight! We had my friend's candied yams on the side. Tonight we will have my less popular (with DH) sweet potatoes baked with brown sugar and almonds on top. I think my friend's recipe has about 17 times more sugar which is why DH likes it better!

I still have a potato/turkey/gravy/stuffing casserole in the freezer, so this turkey is still marching on...

Old 12-02-2008, 09:12 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,849,768 times
Debsi-you must've had some BIG bird!!

Old 12-02-2008, 09:27 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,503,069 times
No, no, our bird was 11 pounds. Most of the 6 days of turkey was consumed off-premises, as I described yesterday. I'm such a lucky girl.

Old 12-02-2008, 09:30 AM

2,969 posts, read 6,944,377 times
Lacey -- my thoughts are with your hubby. A few years ago they thought I may have Crohn's due to some inflammation in my GI tract -- poor guy, not to be a downer but I hated that Barium stuff for the upper and lower GI more than anything!! Hope it all goes well for him.

I am back at work -- but only because we have our dance show tonight and I have to be here. I feel better today, but not back to normal. Dinner will be a ham sandwich I brought from home. I won't be home until 9 or so tonight. Once this is over though...I can think about moving this weekend and getting into our house Yeah!

Old 12-02-2008, 09:36 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,309,354 times
I need some "beef" tonight. I took out a couple of cube steaks and am thinking just quick frying them. DH and his son are getting our shop in order---building shelves to put the masses of items we have on them. So many items are still in crates from our move from CA and that was nearly 2 years ago. We had to get out house in order first and then have the shop built in the side yard...it's 2,400 sq ft so there is plenty of room in there..just have to organize it all. Then we can open up the remaining crates and see what we own! Ha! Most of the items are things he sells online..transmission parts etc. but some are still household items and I have no idea what is out there anymore. It will be like Christmas except I don't know how I will ever find room in the house for any of it. If I don't even remember what is out there and obviously haven't missed it I probably don't need it! Ha! All that careful packing and then paying to have it all trucked here--oh well!! Anyhoo, we will all be tired and hungry so cube steaks sound good and easy with some nice brown gravy and roasted potatoes. Maybe a bit of asparagus that I froze last week would go well as a side.

Old 12-02-2008, 09:40 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,742,666 times
Still going to have the pork cutlets simmered and servedover angel hair.

Cyn.I love the cube teaks I just dip them in egg, then bread crumbs and Olive oil.........

Lacey the way you cook I am sure that DH will love his restrictions........Bet you could get a boot to taste good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink