Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2008, 04:59 AM

48,133 posts, read 22,004,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Good morning Elston and all-well it's a balmy 2 deg with wind chill -10. Just saw that on the news where NYC is 61 this morning!

MWBW-I love chicken livers-sauteed with scrambled eggs. And there's nothing better that chopped chicken livers on crackers with some chopped onion and egg.

I went shopping yesterday as some jeans just fall off others are about to and I shocked myself. Picked up size I thought i was and had to go back for smaller!!!!! I'm officially rid of my MN poundage but will not stop yet-can always do another 10 for "insurance".
Congratulations on the weight loss! You are an inspiration!!!!

I love chopped chicken liver, with thinly sliced red onion; if you make it with chicken schmaltz thats the best but mayo works too and yes finely chopped egg in with the liver.

Old 12-10-2008, 05:02 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
Congratulations on the weight loss! You are an inspiration!!!!

I love chopped chicken liver, with thinly sliced red onion; if you make it with chicken schmaltz thats the best but mayo works too and yes finely chopped egg in with the liver.
Elston I think we are an inspiration to each other-we're doing this journey together along with Charley!

Old 12-10-2008, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Elston I think we are an inspiration to each other-we're doing this journey together along with Charley!
Its nice to be traveling in such good company!

Old 12-10-2008, 05:45 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,672,476 times
Good morning Elston, Lacey and everyone else........

Congrats on the weight loss.

Tonights dinner is home made veggie soup and ciabbette bread (SP).

Going to throw it in the crock pot in a few minutes.

Have a great day and you guys are great.
Keep up the good work then maybe it will rub off on me. LOL

Old 12-10-2008, 05:56 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,869,300 times
Quote:
Good morning Elston and all-well it's a balmy 2 deg with wind chill -10. Just saw that on the news where NYC is 61 this morning!

MWBW-I love chicken livers-sauteed with scrambled eggs. And there's nothing better that chopped chicken livers on crackers with some chopped onion and egg.

I went shopping yesterday as some jeans just fall off others are about to and I shocked myself. Picked up size I thought i was and had to go back for smaller!!!!! I'm officially rid of my MN poundage but will not stop yet-can always do another 10 for "insurance".
Lacey that is great! good job!!!! Nothing like going back for a smaller size Congrats!!!!

Little nervous this morning. Diva is fever free but very dramatic. Hubby thinks we should send her to school. I don't know. I am torn. She has a Physical tomorrow that will make her miss the last hour of class. I just hate making her miss school.... she didn't sleep well..... it was so much easier when she wasn't in school for a full day..... Darn this full day school thing.... LOL With the asthma I hate not knowing how her day goes.... it is one thing to have an inhaler at school but not to be the one giving it to her????? It makes me nervous...... this has to be normal right?

Tonight hubby says he is for SURE not making it home on time.... so I most def get to slack of.... MAC AND CHEESE!

Old 12-10-2008, 06:32 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,311,123 times
Skbs...if I had a doubt I'd probably keep the Diva home one more day. Better safe then sorry. I'd worry too about anyone else giving her the inhaler......but then again, it could all just be drama! You know best I am sure!

Amber, 2 pounds doesn't sound like much but you don't have much to lose to begin with.....that makes each and every pound hard to lose. Two pounds on you is a lot! Good job. You are no longer a teenager and are not built straight up and down---those curves are beautiful so keep them!

Well we didn't get home from the "city" until way after dark last night so I didn't get to make the pulled pork and gravy---that will be tonight instead. Last night I made an old family favorite of flat noodles with butter, milk and lots of salt and pepper with fresh made bread. It was perfect for a last minute dinner.
This weather here is so odd..two days ago it was 20 degrees and last night and today it is in the 60's. Go figure! It's suppose to stay warm for a couple of days and then drop back down again at the end of the week. I'm glad I kept my summer clothes out! Ha! It is rainy and since I picked up my baking needs yesterday I'm hoping to get my baking started today or tomorrow. I have to go back and pick up the tins to put the goodies in and then to find boxes to mail them in.....now that's the hard part in this area. Boxes seem to be rare here! Guess I'll just have to go with Priority as they provide those boxes. I didn't want to buy all the tins yesterday and not know what I was going to mail them in.....first things first I guess. Today it's off to get the tins and stop by the PO and get the boxes!

Old 12-10-2008, 06:41 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times
Morning Cyn-comfort dinner.

Have a honey/mustard pork loin that I'll roast, baked sweet potatoes, salad, biscuits for Mr. L.

Old 12-10-2008, 06:44 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
I will have to get used to the smart balance....I bought some....but have not been really able to adapt to the no butter....we used a lot of real butter.....the smart balance doesnt seem to melt when spread on toast does it melt? I have been getting used to eating anything like bread without any spread or with non fat cottage cheese.
Elston, we've lived on smart balance for a few years now and love it! I used to use only real butter (after growing up on oleo margerine, yuk) and yes it does melt. I use it for cooking as well except baking but they also make a smart balance 50/50 mixture (half butter half SB) for baking or cooking so you might want to try that one and ease into full smart balance if you're having issues. We think SB is the closest to the real deal and given my heart/weight issues I HAD to do something. Oh, it also depends on which SB you get, the green label (olive oil I think) or the original yellow label which is what we much prefer.
It's also way cheaper when you use it regularly to buy the BIG tub and just refill the smaller one. One thing we've noticed is if you nuke it to melt it you need to cover it because it tends to "pop" and make a mess in the microwave. Other than that we're happy with it and with one trained chef and one in cooking school that's no easy thing.
Sorry about the loooong post rambling on about SB. It's just as a die hard butter fan and someone who thinks it's better to butter than eat margerine that's full of junk that's worse for you than butter we think SB is a great alternative even if you only use it part time at first.

Old 12-10-2008, 06:53 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,387,229 times
Quote:
this made me chuckle.....low fat steaks: fried with bacon and tucked under a layer of mozzarella and finished off with a tablespoon of cream...... omg, its like I went to sleep and woke up in a dream revery of my old ways of cooking and eating! I hope you enjoyed it M's M.....I sure did.
You know that when adding so much fat, you have to save it somewhere else
I love that dish but make it only once in a while altho' it's done pretty fast

Old 12-10-2008, 06:54 AM

Jimj I really appreciate your taking the time to fill me in on your experience on SB.....I havent given up yet....and since I have 2 small tubs....maybe I will get used to it.....last night however for the shrimp on linguini, I used 1/2 butter and 1/2 olive oil.

I am getting used to eating a slice of whole wheat bread without any spread...and know that I can use olive oil as a nice dip for crusty bread.

I will continue to avoid margerine.....I know that is a killer.....I remember back in the days of yore when oleo margerine first came on the market it was as white as lard or crisco....and you had to mix the color in at home....that was many kids first chore.

Speaking of Crisco.....is it really transfat free now-a-days?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink