Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2008, 06:53 AM

774 posts, read 1,418,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise in Fla View Post
Elston, have a Maine lobster and some whole fried clams for me, lol.
I second that motion! I love Lobster, crab legs and steamed clams. So take a big bite of a lobster and think of us sitting here drooling

I didn't know Yucca was edible. Will have to do some research online and learn more about it. Sounds like a new adventure in my future!

Have no Idea what's for dinner tonight! I gues it's a wait and see what I can whip up. Unless I go through the freezer and find something that strikes my fancy.
Some days I just don't feel like cooking!

Old 02-25-2008, 07:11 AM

48,133 posts, read 22,004,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamagator54 View Post
I second that motion! I love Lobster, crab legs and steamed clams. So take a big bite of a lobster and think of us sitting here drooling

I didn't know Yucca was edible. Will have to do some research online and learn more about it. Sounds like a new adventure in my future!

Have no Idea what's for dinner tonight! I gues it's a wait and see what I can whip up. Unless I go through the freezer and find something that strikes my fancy.
Some days I just don't feel like cooking!
We fly out later tonight; but sometime today the gas co is coming to shut off service while we are away (tenting for termites while we are away and gas has to be off)

So we will probably go out for supper and start our "vacation" early.

Old 02-25-2008, 07:18 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,743,388 times
Hi Cyn...yes it was a great day....we did meet online at CDF and it feels as though we have always known each other.
Puffle lives about 40 minutes from us and MagicTouch 60-70 minutes.
We had gotten together the three of us before now but we put the families together yesterday. SO much fun.

Elston...yes I have a bread machine. I love the smell but there is nothing better than homemade...it comes in at a close second though.

Yum......whole bellies

Old 02-25-2008, 07:24 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,311,123 times
Elston is gettin a gold bar today!! A good send off gift to a good person! Thanks elston for being here all the time and sharing such good food and dinner ideas! Will miss you while you are gone...maybe you can find a computer and check in??

Old 02-25-2008, 07:37 AM

321 posts, read 920,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamagator54 View Post
(
Oooh Maine seafood - delicious! I love Maine and I love eating in Maine - have a great trip Elston! I clicked your rep so I think your at 1000 - YAY!

I have no idea for dinner tonite - we are in the final throws of packing and moving to our new home in Missouri. Hubby leaves in the Uhaul Weds morning Won't see him for 30 days. Too tired to cook so probably leftovers tonight. I like the sound of those Yucca fries though - YUM!

Old 02-25-2008, 07:43 AM

Big news---elston got his Gold Bar!! You are certainly loved my friend! Keep up the good work and have a terrific, safe, good seafood trip!!

Old 02-25-2008, 08:03 AM

48,133 posts, read 22,004,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Big news---elston got his Gold Bar!! You are certainly loved my friend! Keep up the good work and have a terrific, safe, good seafood trip!!
I want to thank all my kitchen buddies! This site has been one of my favorite finds.....so helpful, so creative and so supportive of one another! I am in a happy frame of mind! Now have to go get my morning started! I cant keep giving acceptance speeches lol.

Old 02-25-2008, 08:04 AM

1,969 posts, read 5,958,333 times
Good morning everyone! WTG Elston! I'd give you more, but I must first spread some reputation around! Have a wonderful time in Maine!

Its been a busy weekend...all I did was cook pancakes for breakfast yesterday - other then that - no cooking.

Tonight it will be pork chops with mashed taters n applesauce ....yummmmmmmmmmm
I was supposed to make them Saturday, but DH ended up not coming home so I didn't cook.

I'm trying to plan out my whole week - so far I have the Pork Chops tonight - then FFO (fend for ourselves) on Tuesday (can't wait till basketball is over!) Wednesday will be either Chicken Parm or Chicken Fried Steak - Thursday might be a FFO again - but if not I'm thinking Meatloaf, and Friday - dunno - DH can't eat meat so I'll have to figure something out. I've never made any kind of fish before - except for shrimp - so I may try something with fish. I just don't know what kind...nothing fishy. LOL does that make sense? I could try a scampi. We'll see.

Old 02-25-2008, 08:06 AM

1,969 posts, read 5,958,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
I want to thank all my kitchen buddies! This site has been one of my favorite finds.....so helpful, so creative and so supportive of one another! I am in a happy frame of mind! Now have to go get my morning started! I cant keep giving acceptance speeches lol.

*standing ovation*

Old 02-25-2008, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nic529 View Post
Good mornieterng everyone! WTG Elston! I'd give you more, but I must first spread some reputation around! Have a wonderful time in Maine!

Its been a busy weekend...all I did was cook pancakes for breakfast yesterday - other then that - no cooking.

Tonight it will be pork chops with mashed taters n applesauce ....yummmmmmmmmmm
I was supposed to make them Saturday, but DH ended up not coming home so I didn't cook.

I'm trying to plan out my whole week - so far I have the Pork Chops tonight - then FFO (fend for ourselves) on Tuesday (can't wait till basketball is over!) Wednesday will be either Chicken Parm or Chicken Fried Steak - Thursday might be a FFO again - but if not I'm thinking Meatloaf, and Friday - dunno - DH can't eat meat so I'll have to figure something out. I've never made any kind of fish before - except for shrimp - so I may try something with fish. I just don't know what kind...nothing fishy. LOL does that make sense? I could try a scampi. We'll see.

Nic, you may want to go to the frozen fish section in the grocery store and pick up some Orange Ruffy. Great fish and not at all fishy. Thaw what you will use but thaw in the refridgerator overnight not in room temp usless it's only for an hour or so. I thaw in a zip-lock. Make up some beer batter...cut the fish pieces in strips (like fish sticks). Put those strips in a large zip lock baggie with your favorite spices and let sit for about an hour.Then put them in the beer batter , which is also seasoned, shake off the excess batter and fry in enough oil to cover fish. Cook at 350 oil temperature (I use a candy thermometer) until a lovely light brown. After you take the fish out of the fry pan let them sit for a couple of minutes as the fish continues cooking a bit more. Serve with some french fries and a veggie and you will have a great fish dinner. We just had this a few nights ago and it was wonderful. Hubbie is a great fish cook!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink