Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2008, 03:30 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,587,345 times

Advertisements

After seeing comments of cyn on the weather I looked at mine. Seems we will get a squall line tomorrow with the possibilities of a weak tornado. I didn't know there were weak ones. We may rethink what I'm thinking for tomorrow's dinner.

Old 12-10-2008, 03:31 PM
bjh

60,079 posts, read 30,387,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Looks like some bad weather heading our way here in NC...we are in a flood watch right now so am thinking about making dinner a bit early. Since we have all electric cooking no reason to chance it. It is not one bit unusual to lose electricity here---"Green-Acres"! Got my glass of wine poured so I don't need much else! Ha! Everyone have a great evening. Nite all!
I wonder if that is what we had here in western Tennessee yesterday. It must have rained for over 24 hours. Hold on to your hat!

Old 12-10-2008, 03:39 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,849,896 times
It is only 1:30 here and I can already see some sunset color!!!At least a little sun We are having some homemade potato soup with ham and some type of veggies in it...to do and put in crockpot as some last minute shopping for gift in a jar stuff to do before our craft sale on Saturday...then all will be better in my life, why do I do this... Hope you all get better weather soon

Old 12-10-2008, 03:44 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,742,666 times
Good Evening all just making it here.
The server was down on my computer today. Came back up for about 30 minutes and then lost it again....BUT the good news is I got 3/4 of my house decorated.

Tonight for lack of anything else I will make some ham steaks...haven't had them in forever.

Have a good dinner!!!!

Old 12-10-2008, 04:00 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,290,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwesternBookWorm View Post
You see, tonight's supper was the spouse's heavenly chicken livers fried with onions and bacon in its own gravy, over parsleyed potatoes with a side of green beans. Wonderful, wonderful stuff, and a decades-long favorite for both of us.
Oh yum! I love soft-fried chicken livers and also calf liver and onions with gravy! I could eat this every day I think!

Dinner tonight is leftover veggie soup I had made a huge pot of and froze.

I need help for tomorrow's dinner. What I have done is taken a bunch of chicken wings and some country style pork ribs and put them in a gallon size bag with a bottle of that Goya citrus marinade. (Which smells divine, by the way!) I also added a little vinegar. Now, what I am thinking is just to bake at 375 for about an hour. Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated! I really want to be able to "pick up" the wings to eat though - of course that is open to discussion if someone has an amazing idea! Sides with this will be whatever I have - rice, beans etc...

Old 12-10-2008, 04:03 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,290,327 times
Grannys, that sounds good to me! Major comfort food!

Old 12-10-2008, 04:35 PM

2,489 posts, read 7,211,890 times
Soup was a big hit and really easy so here ya go.....

Tex-Mex Soup

1/2 cup onion minced
2 garlic cloves minced
3 med zuchinni sliced
3 cups cooked diced chicken
4 cups chicken broth
1 can diced tomatos undrained
1 can tomato sauce
1 can black beans drained and rinsed
1 can corn drained
1/2 cup salsa
2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp oregano
3/4 tsp pepper
1 tsp salt

Saute onion and garlic til tender. Add tomatos, spices, tomato sauce, chicken, broth, corn, beans and salsa to pan. Bring to a boil then simmer 30 minutes.

Serve with tortilla chips and shredded cheese.

Pretty good on a cold day. I may have to make potato soup tomorrow.

Old 12-10-2008, 05:15 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,008,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minniemouse View Post
Hello guys!
I'm back!
After some day where I was ill...I'm here and in a few moments, I'm having dinner!

Tonight..hamburgers
Hey minnie, I've got a question for you. My son (the chef to be) is dearly in love with italian food and wants to eventually go to italy to learn some techniques. Do you have any authentic/rustic italian recipies I can give him to cook for us? He loooooves anything to do with pasta (but we'll eat most anything) and we either have or can get almost any ingredient needed.
Thanks in advance!!!
P.S. He's cooking a pre christmas dinner for our friends in about 2 weeks.

Old 12-10-2008, 05:28 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,008,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
It's a deal! Though it may make me a philistine, we do have some fresh chocolate-flavored cool whip in the fridge, too.

Hey, that reminded me. I had forgotten about it. Now I feel silly. But can have cake with cool whip when I get home!
cool whip? COOL WHIP??? OMG, someone head over there and arrest that person immediately!!
Cool Whip is a sin against nature and all that is high fat and yummy!
Hurumph, (look of rightous indignation) cool whip, what's next pre-made boxed cake from walmart?
(you know I'm kidding right?) well a little at least....

Old 12-10-2008, 05:29 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Had some leftover sausage and mozzarella, cubed the 'mutz' and tossed with sausage slices, sauce, and pasta, fresh garlic bread on the side.

I'm guessing my contentment level's at least as high as the cholesterol one
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink