Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2008, 07:35 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,849,768 times

Advertisements

Thanks JimJ for the warning!!!! Stay safe. My right knee is "talking" to me and telling me it'll be a doozie and we're smack dab in it's way.

Old 12-13-2008, 07:44 AM

849 posts, read 1,952,845 times
Good morning everyone. Boy, I was gone a day and it's 12 pages I missed!! I was a busy girl yesterday. I have started baking cookies, not as much as Charley, but 10 different kinds, about 6 dozens each. I did all the dough earlier and just made some bar cookies and pecan tassies and oatmeal-choc chips-coconut-walnut-rice crispie-drop cookies...I don't have a name for this cookie because I kinda made it up. Then I had to make my sushi to take to the party. I also brought cranberry salsa with cream cheese and it was a hit. Everyone was asking me how I made it. More baking today. I'm hoping to finish it today.

Dinner last night was steak and bake potatoes for DH and the youngest boy. DD was at work and the oldest boy was out with friends. I was so full from sampling cookies, then ate some more at the party.

Tonight's dinner, chicken something...

Old 12-13-2008, 08:37 AM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,159,358 times
Good morning everyone.........too much to read! I hate missing even a half-day but lately it seems I have no time for anything. I'm going to have to invest in some batteries cause my own "umph" ain't hacking it anymore.

Have a great day! My stops include picking up the prescription diet food for my fat little dog (and the food is not making him any skinnier either), Costco, clearing out and re-organizing closets and sheds and dropping on the floor.

Dinner???? Hum..... Wonder which drive thru will catch me.

Old 12-13-2008, 08:39 AM

5,504 posts, read 6,247,513 times
Good Morning Everyone! The wonderful smells that are coming from all of your kitchens today. All this talk of chili and fritos, I am going to have to make some this coming week.
Sent dh off to work with ham, egg and cheese sandwich on a honey buttered hamburger roll, pumpkin spice coffee, & Tropicana oj.
Sup. to have a high of 47 today so the fire will be going by 6:00 tonight.
Mid-afternoon dinner here today will be stuffed center cut pork chops, baby yellow carrots and spring salad.
I'll check in later with h snack when he comes home from work. Have a wonderful Saturday.

Old 12-13-2008, 08:52 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,186,749 times
Happy Saturday foodies! We are at a blazing 26° right now it dipped down pretty cold last night but no snow~~~yet.

elston I always thought chili 3 way or 4 way was taken off the Steak-n-Shake menu when I would see it in cookbooks growing up. LOL

cyn thanks for the saying and can't get over your pm describing our same skies on the same day! That is freaky weird. cyn save your money put some cans of water next to your registers to see if that helps first.

Lacey all this talk about the water in NJ makes me think of my SIL saying something about the bread in Philly for cheesesteaks is because of their water.

jimj brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr we should get it around Sunday then.

nikkzone glad your getting your baking done what is pecan tassies?

vpcats loved that drive thru saying! Have you tried cooked rice and meat diet for your protruding pooch? Or canned green beans on top of their dry food helps fill them up without added calories? Both are cheaper than those expensive brands of special foods.

kelsie what a to go breakfast!

Since it will just be me tonight I am having grilled ham and cheese, kosher dill pickles, and beets. Have some Oreo balls to dip in chocolate so I better get to that. Check back later don't get too awful chatty here me?

Old 12-13-2008, 09:04 AM

849 posts, read 1,952,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post

nikkzone glad your getting your baking done what is pecan tassies?
Here it is.

Pecan Tassies - Allrecipes

Old 12-13-2008, 09:43 AM

2,410 posts, read 6,004,497 times
I'm going to experiment with the timer tonight with a casserole.

I'm taking it easy with the one crutch. I'm only allowed to do it around the house, so now at least I can fetch my own beverages. The upper floor, which I'm confined to is only about 900 sq feet so I don't have to walk more than about 50 paces to get to kitchen, bathroom and bedroom. I use both crutches right after my exercises because my knee in sore after them, but for little walks to get something from the fridge or to go to the bathroom I should be fine with the one crutch. I'll still use both when I leave the house for appointments though, especially with snow and ice on the ground

Old 12-13-2008, 09:55 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,309,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkzone View Post
Oh my these sound so good! I must give them a try sometime soon! Thanks for sharing this.

Old 12-13-2008, 10:23 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,261,770 times
Prime rib tonight, smashed 'taters, 'sketti squash and green beans.

Old 12-13-2008, 10:26 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,186,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkzone View Post
This would be like mini pecan pies!!!! Yum thanks for the link.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink