Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2008, 12:44 PM

2,410 posts, read 6,004,878 times

Advertisements

I had to laugh this morning. When our last big storm rolled through we got almost 8 inches of snow. Rochester Public Schools were 2 hours late and the College was in session as usual.

Last night we got maybe a 4 inch accumulation with more snow predicted for after midnight. Rochester Public Schools were cancelled as was the college. My poor husband was supposed to take his math final today, I'm sure now that he'll have to go in on Monday morning to do it.

Anyway doctor says I'm doing ok, is upping my PT to 2 times a week and will see me in a month. I'm still not allowed to drive or go back to work though. Heck at this rate they might have to send me to the training at corporate that they send the new people to lol.

I'm looking on the bright side: I get to miss the stress of working retail during the holiday season

Old 12-19-2008, 12:48 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by molochai2580 View Post
I had to laugh this morning. When our last big storm rolled through we got almost 8 inches of snow. Rochester Public Schools were 2 hours late and the College was in session as usual.

Last night we got maybe a 4 inch accumulation with more snow predicted for after midnight. Rochester Public Schools were cancelled as was the college. My poor husband was supposed to take his math final today, I'm sure now that he'll have to go in on Monday morning to do it.

Anyway doctor says I'm doing ok, is upping my PT to 2 times a week and will see me in a month. I'm still not allowed to drive or go back to work though. Heck at this rate they might have to send me to the training at corporate that they send the new people to lol.

I'm looking on the bright side: I get to miss the stress of working retail during the holiday season
Plus no commute in the winter!!!! Glad you got a good report.

Old 12-19-2008, 01:14 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,335,832 times
Wow, the plows actually came through already!!! Amazing - usually we don't see them until long after the snow finishes falling. It only took us 45 minutes or so (with the snowthrower) to clear the huge berm the plow left at the foot of the driveway. Poor spouse looked like the abominable snowman by the time we finished the whole drive; his beard, mustache and eyebrows were solid ice, and he was coated in snow from head to foot. Glad I got him a pair of insulated overalls this fall; I think they were meant for hunters to use, but they make great snowblower pants, too.

The final tally here was about a foot of new snow, drifted considerably deeper in places, as I know from the past couple of hours. Of course, out in jimj's neck of the woods, a foot of snow would be a mere bagatelle and nothing more than a minor inconvenience, but in southern Wisconsin, it's a pretty big event. Up north they get this sort of thing fairly regularly, but it's unusual here.

Not sure yet what supper will be. We're still warming up from the driveway and haven't thought that far ahead yet. Back later with an update.

Old 12-19-2008, 01:37 PM

2,489 posts, read 7,212,274 times
Afternoon all, hope everyone is warm and safe.

Tonight for dinner, chicken on the grill (hopefully hubby will cook), baked potatos and veggie yet to be determined.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Old 12-19-2008, 01:43 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,291,389 times
I am so sorry to hear about Kelsie's sister! Thoughts and prayers with both of them - I am heading towards the prayers thread.

We are having pork country ribs - cooked low and slow per all my foodie friends here instructions! Yay! Baked taters and salad!

All of you have a wonderful and safe weekend! I know it has been said before multiple times, but this is a great place to be and y'all are the most caring and friendly people I have ever encountered. Please know how much all of you mean to me and to so many others!

Old 12-19-2008, 02:13 PM

Kats this is the friendliest, most caring group on CD.

Old 12-19-2008, 02:25 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,394,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
Well what I thought was ground sausage is in fact ground turkey. I never buy ground turkey but I will use it. At least my wife will use it. It is a waste not want not thing. If we use enough garlic and onions with it I will make to. Next time a closer look at the label or a least will have me glasses on when shopping...
Ah, you'll be eating healthier tonight. It does a heart good

Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
Mommy moment..... I need to head to that beach with Juan and the paper umbrellas floatin' in fruity drinks.... which one of you CDer's stole my ticket again????? LOL......
Why not drug the kid and take a long bubble bath. Only kidding. Take a nice break and think about Juan, and Carlos, and Julio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by molochai2580 View Post
I had to laugh this morning. When our last big storm rolled through we got almost 8 inches of snow.

Stay safe and warm. Good to know you are on schedule and doing good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwesternBookWorm View Post
Wow, the plows actually came through already!!! The final tally here was about a foot of new snow, drifted considerably deeper in places, as I know from the past couple of hours. Of course, out in jimj's neck of the woods, a foot of snow would be a mere bagatelle and nothing more than a minor inconvenience, but in southern Wisconsin, it's a pretty big event. Up north they get this sort of thing fairly regularly, but it's unusual here.

Not sure yet what supper will be. We're still warming up from the driveway and haven't thought that far ahead yet. Back later with an update.
Sound like it's time for hot chocolate. Stay warm and dry.

Old 12-19-2008, 02:25 PM

5,035 posts, read 9,224,159 times
Where is this prayer thread? I don't see it under Religion and I don't see it under Other Topics...

(II am asking here instead of by DM, in case anyone else has trouble finding it.)

Old 12-19-2008, 02:45 PM

Chey-go to Other Topics then to Community Chat-it's "prayers,invocations,etc."

Old 12-19-2008, 02:51 PM

5,035 posts, read 9,224,159 times
Thanks Lacey. I didn't think to look under Community Chat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink