Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2008, 02:53 PM

3,367 posts, read 11,057,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheyDee View Post
Where is this prayer thread? I don't see it under Religion and I don't see it under Other Topics...

(II am asking here instead of by DM, in case anyone else has trouble finding it.)
It's here CheyDee...//www.city-data.com/forum/commu...ml#post6634438

Blessings and good wishes to Kelsie and her family...

Old 12-19-2008, 03:09 PM

5,035 posts, read 9,221,243 times
Thank you SD. I found it

Kelsie- I have added you, your SIL, and family to my prayers.

Amber - Thank you for doing this and letting us know.

Old 12-19-2008, 03:33 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,569,549 times
Talked to the wife about the turkey. No way is she messing up a good potato with it.. She says she will figure out something for me to just sit tight. This would be the day she is all over half the state and getting home late. At least the weather is nice for her as she drives. Meantime I'm passing time on here with friends over in the chat and gaming threads as I contemplate dinner.

Old 12-19-2008, 03:53 PM

625 posts, read 1,585,912 times
Thumbs up I actually read the first post on this thread today!

Oh man, I have to stand out here and admit that I have never read the first post in this thread until now. It seems that over a year ago good ol' cynwldcat simply posted a thread asking for some dinner ideas to make things a little easier for her and the gang to plan meals. When I joined CD I immediately gravitated towards food and have thoroughly enjoyed being here. By the time I joined CD this thread was already about 200 posts deep and they mainly consisted of people saying what they were going to, or already had consumed for the evening meal. I assumed that's all there was to it and I joined in, said what I was eating and was immediately greeted and welcomed by cynwc; know I know why, it's her thread and the fact that she posts and reps consistently here, and is always close by, makes sense to me now. I think it's nice to see her dedication to this thread. To me "What's for dinner tonight?" feels like part of the original programing or something that was and will always be here. I doubt if she ever thought this would turn into the thread it is, but I (and I feel sure I speak for alot of people here) am really glad it did. Thanks for starting this thread cynwldcat; it may be a wee bit off original intentions but it is really great

PS: I'm having beef lomein noodles tonite----keep the cat jokes to a minimum pleeze

Old 12-19-2008, 04:01 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,866,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyC64 View Post
Oh man, I have to stand out here and admit that I have never read the first post in this thread until now. It seems that over a year ago good ol' cynwldcat simply posted a thread asking for some dinner ideas to make things a little easier for her and the gang to plan meals. When I joined CD I immediately gravitated towards food and have thoroughly enjoyed being here. By the time I joined CD this thread was already about 200 posts deep and they mainly consisted of people saying what they were going to, or already had consumed for the evening meal. I assumed that's all there was to it and I joined in, said what I was eating and was immediately greeted and welcomed by cynwc; know I know why, it's her thread and the fact that she posts and reps consistently here, and is always close by, makes sense to me now. I think it's nice to see her dedication to this thread. To me "What's for dinner tonight?" feels like part of the original programing or something that was and will always be here. I doubt if she ever thought this would turn into the thread it is, but I (and I feel sure I speak for alot of people here) am really glad it did. Thanks for starting this thread cynwldcat; it may be a wee bit off original intentions but it is really great

PS: I'm having beef lomein noodles tonite----keep the cat jokes to a minimum pleeze
Perfectly said and I couldn't agree more....... CHEERS TO CYN!!!!!!!

KELSIE.... Prayers going out to you and for your sister's health.....thinking of you now.....

Amber...Thanks for lettin' us all know......

Old 12-19-2008, 04:19 PM

3,591 posts, read 1,153,116 times
I am so hungry...full of coffee... Cookies are in the mail mum Dinner I can't wait! MMMMM...So hungry

Old 12-19-2008, 04:32 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,866,691 times
I really want kettle chips.... wish the weather were better so I could go to the store.....

Old 12-19-2008, 04:34 PM

48,116 posts, read 21,996,081 times
I used to make my own chips or fries when that craving hit and it was too late or inclement to go to the store.......and splash them with vinegar and salt.

Old 12-19-2008, 04:35 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,569,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
I really want kettle chips.... wish the weather were better so I could go to the store.....
I guess I am at an advantage for the kettle chips now. No rain, no snow, no sleet, no cold. Lots of good kettle chips only blocks away. Thanks for the reminder. Kettle chips should be good for dessert after dinner tonight what ever it turns out to be.

Old 12-19-2008, 04:37 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,363,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
Well what I thought was ground sausage is in fact ground turkey. I never buy ground turkey but I will use it. At least my wife will use it. It is a waste not want not thing. If we use enough garlic and onions with it I will make to. Next time a closer look at the label or a least will have me glasses on when shopping...

My vote'd be for chipotle meatloaf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink