Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2008, 07:22 PM

61,289 posts, read 87,195,928 times

Advertisements

little bitty cheese pepperoni pizza from english muffins with brocolli n cranberries (whole) n jello.

Old 12-28-2008, 07:39 PM

3,367 posts, read 11,040,521 times
I always had to burn or otherwise wreck a batch before a new pan would behave itself.

Old 12-28-2008, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
little bitty cheese pepperoni pizza from english muffins with brocolli n cranberries (whole) n jello.
?? broccoli, cranberry n jello pizza??? Wild, man.

Old 12-28-2008, 07:45 PM

3,591 posts, read 1,150,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle1210 View Post
potatoe bacon pancakes with chooped green onion and a bit of shredded cheese good to see you Amberbaby
ohhhh stop it! That sounds so so good!

Old 12-28-2008, 07:50 PM

38,710 posts, read 22,703,554 times
Nothing fancy this time. Just a hot bowl of chicken soup and a glass of lemonade.

Old 12-28-2008, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southdown View Post
mmm very comforting
glad it turned out OK! Can we have the mushroom recipe please!
Welcome back Amber Roll the bacon around stuffing balls and bake till crispy, then pour off the juices (ok, fat ) and use it to cook potato patties in - which would be nice with green onion or cabbage mixed in. A fried egg on top and you'll have a good truckers' breakfast for dinner!
What did you have with it?
Good idea!
Sounds yum, hope it helps shift the cold!

I've had the same thing, stinging eyes and sinus, yuk, sneezing and feeling a bit wiped out. Better now...inhaling steam was the best thing, with Vicks or Olbas oil in it - !!! but effective.
Another great idea!That sounds so good! Your crative and I like that. I want that now! ha ha ha

Old 12-28-2008, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southdown View Post
I always had to burn or otherwise wreck a batch before a new pan would behave itself.
I think this to be true with everyone. The first couple pancakes I make always come out well.... blah ha ha not so perfect

Old 12-28-2008, 07:55 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,312,528 times
Spouse is home at last from taking the boy back to La Crosse. It always takes longer than I expect; for one thing, there's the obligatory trip to the grocery store, since Dad is there with both the checkbook and a vehicle to haul it all back to the apartment (only $134 this time, which I suppose is an improvement over the $178 trip last time...) And then there's the internet problems, which were relatively simple to diagnose but somewhat time-consuming to correct. That's the biggest reason that the spouse did the return trip instead of me, actually; I am about half a step above Luddite status, and would have been absolutely useless in resolving the problem.

But he rolled in finally a bit after 7, and thanks to the fact that he had called to let me know when he was leaving, dinner was within 5 minutes of being ready. And he was hungry enough not to mind the fact that the meal wasn't nearly as creative and unique as what he would have fixed, though I did make some substitutions in the chicken coating when I discovered that we were out of a couple of my usual ingredients.

And now I'm trying to summon up the energy for another four-day week with five days' worth of work to be done, when what I'd really like is a day or two of not doing much of anything. I hate to admit it, but I'm approaching the point where it's just almost not really worth it to go through all the chaos, extra work and expense of celebrating the holidays this way. When I was younger, I never used to understand my parents' lack of enthusiasm, and I always swore that I'd celebrate this time of year with as much excitement in my 50's and 60's as I had in my 20's. Famous last words.... I'm not yet to the point of just leaving the decorations in the attic and going completely minimalist for the holidays, but I can see it from here. Maybe if there are ever grandkids around, I'll find more excitement in the whole thing, but right now, it just seems like a lot of extra work without much to show for it.

Eh, sorry to be a downer. I'm not really Mrs. Scrooge, I promise. Just a really tired BookWorm. G'night, all.

Old 12-28-2008, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwesternBookWorm View Post
Eh, sorry to be a downer. I'm not really Mrs. Scrooge, I promise. Just a really tired BookWorm. G'night, all.
You are in no way a downer, quite the opposite! I think we all knew from an early age that is the sheer guts and hard work from parents like you that really makes Christmas the special time that it is. So, thank you.

I hope I can offer my kids the same humour, love and great support in a few years' time. Thanks for the inspiration

Old 12-28-2008, 09:09 PM

22,974 posts, read 26,909,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandsGal View Post
Well....bad luck continues. My grandma died this morning and i will be flying home tomorrow morning, just as 10 of our friends are flying in for our new year's eve celebration. We are having a masquerade party and going to see our favorite band at the pepsi center. Have a suite for 20 of our buds and now I will miss it. I know it sounds bad but I am really bummed. My grandma was 97 and always joked that God forgot about her. So I know she is happier now.

BF is making his awesome split pea soup - that will make me feel better
Darn, I'm soooo sorry for you, you've had enough trouble lately! Our grandma is 96 and we just found out she's got a tumor on her lung so I guess life's catching up with her. We'll be thinking of you here, hope you find peace and closure.

Case, the trick to waffles is to let 'em alone until most if not all of the steam stops, then they are done. It seems you learned that peeking is a no-no already so I won't tell you that.:-)

Got a bit of humor for y'all. Went to the movies with my DW's boss who's a pharmacist. His eyes and nose were running so we dropped into costco across the street from the movies to get an antihystamine to clear him up. So we did the tour of samples and then went to the drug isle. We're standing in front of the meds and he looks at me and quite seriously says "so, which one should I buy?" I looked at him like he had 3 heads and said "you're the pharmacist, don't you have a degree is this stuff? how the heck should I know I just cook?"
Now if you ask me what wine goes with what or what spice to use then we can talk but what drug to take? Heck take one of each and when you wake up again you will probably feel fine! Really, just sprinkle it on your food like pepper and see what happens, sheesh!
Seriously, what should I take, ya gotta be kidding me...

Last edited by jimj; 12-28-2008 at 09:23 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink