Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2008, 03:23 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,227,609 times

Advertisements

Oh my! With all of my posts I never posted what's for dinner---Cabbage rolls with potatoes. Just about ready to throw it all together and get it over with then it's off to realx in the chair!!! Spent two hours in town and I am tired and ready to call it a day.

Old 12-31-2008, 03:26 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,134,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malfunction View Post
I think I'll be making a few chicken fajita tacos loaded with onions at home shortly. Afterwards, I'll have to freshen the breath up for the big party tonight. There will be ladies there.
How nice of you to do that I am sure it will be appreciated.

Old 12-31-2008, 03:28 PM

4,339 posts, read 3,542,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post

Did somebody say anchovies??? Not a favorite item around these parts even most pizza joints don't carry them. My oldest worked at our local pizza place during high school he brought home a pizza one night like he did often. We are eating it thinking this taste terrible has a funky taste most of us didn't finish the piece we had gotten. Not until afterwards did the little fart tells us if had anchovies on it.

Have a safe and blessed evening ringing in the new Year folks!

Hey, now. There's absolutely nothing wrong with anchovies. Maybe they aren't as popular as they used to be, but as a pizza topping, it's still one of my guilty passions!

Old 12-31-2008, 03:36 PM

616 posts, read 1,159,515 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by malfunction View Post
Hey, now. There's absolutely nothing wrong with anchovies. Maybe they aren't as popular as they used to be, but as a pizza topping, it's still one of my guilty passions!
Keeping those teeth clean too I presume? LOL

Anchovies are great on pizzas and salads.

Chicken f's tonight? Yummy for the cast iron tummy.

Old 12-31-2008, 03:44 PM

259,023 posts, read 90,310,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsmeeyow View Post

Nomad, why so quiet? BTW, your soup and sandwich sounds like my kind of comfort food!
To busy scheming my next little gig... any hoot wife has agreed to more of the barley soup tonight over a baked potato. I think I'm having some velveeta melted on the potato in the bottom of the bowl and dip the soup on top. Some where in the middle will be a layer of jalapenos. Got to keep the sinus cavities healthy this time of year. No junk food on hand for dessert so I may get a little larger bowl of soup. Oh and I've got so Louisiana Hot Sauce that worked miracles in the soup too.

Old 12-31-2008, 03:54 PM

2,007 posts, read 6,812,306 times
Fried Elk steaks,home made biscuits,mashed potatos,peas,sweet tea,homemade strawberry ice cream

Old 12-31-2008, 04:08 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,134,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkzone View Post
California roll (crab, avocado, cucumber)
I would eat that sushi! Not the other raw fish kind though.

Old 12-31-2008, 04:10 PM

50,096 posts, read 63,467,387 times
Jaxson...the Mountain Dew recipe is a dessert.
2 granny smith apples, peeled, cored, cut into eighths
2 tubes crescent rolls
1 1/4 c. sugar
1/2 stick butter or margerine, melted
1 teas. cinnamon
12 oz. mountain dew

Preheat oven to 350

Separate crescent rolls and roll an apple slice into each one
Place into a 9x13" pan
Mix butter, cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle evenly over rolls
Pour Mountain Dew over rolls. Bake 50 minutes.

Old 12-31-2008, 04:11 PM

12,014 posts, read 11,251,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowwalker View Post
Fried Elk steaks,home made biscuits,mashed potatos,peas,sweet tea,homemade strawberry ice cream
Yum! With all the leftovers we have, can you believe Mr. Kats talked me into defrosting and frying up some venison cube steak???? We have got so much to freeze it is almost shameful! (Actually, after I fried the steak, I was sooo glad 'cause it was soooo good!)

Can I freeze the broccoli casserole my sister brought? It is heavenly and has alot of cheese and then the toasted bread on top. Would it freeze well, or would the bread get soggy?

Nomad - you and your jalepenos! LOL I cannot even look at one without breaking into a sweat. Dad has these little red pepper bushes that he "pinched" a piece off of at the Chinese restaurant and rooted. Now he has a bunch of them. Boy are those little red devils hot! I don't speak from personal experience, just from watching the ones who love hot peppers sweat when they eat them! Don't know what they are - just really pretty red slender curved peppers - very decorative - about 2 inches long or so.

Old 12-31-2008, 04:12 PM

5,503 posts, read 6,227,795 times
Since h had the split chicken breast and trimmings for lunch. I just threw in a hm pepperoni, mozzarella calzone to bake for when he comes home shortly.

Later, NY snacks will include the traditional, pickled & sour cream herring, lentil soup, imported cheeses and garlic dried sausage, jumbo shrimp cocktail and smoked salmon pate and crackers. Have a good night everyone, see you in the new year. kelsie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink