Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2009, 03:45 PM

25,449 posts, read 11,731,582 times

Advertisements

Yesterday's Dinner (12/31/08) was very simple... McDonald's. I was extremely busy and didn't have time to make anything. Don't know what's for dinner tonight, have to think about it...

Old 01-01-2009, 04:01 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,394,464 times
Lacey- Thank you "again" for the recipe

CW- Kelsie told me a trick with the chick parm. Put a pan of water in the bottom of the oven when you bake the chx. The chx really does stay really moist.

I'll be watching the waistline too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Spareribs tonight. I have leftover artichoke cheese dip from last night and I'm thinking of using it in a kind of scalloped potato dish. I'm thinkin it could turn out to be a good combination, right?
That sounds so good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Great day to ya all!

YLisa one room down that has to feel good.
Yes, especially since it was the "last" room that had to be done. Woo hoo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsie View Post
Happy 2009 Everyone!

Tonight's dinner will be broiled Maine Lobster tails, in drawn better, baked potato and steamed brussel sprouts.
That sounds delicious. Did Elston send you lobster? I am so jealous. I also love cheescake and cornbread in no particular order lol.

Don't you hate it when things break right on or after the warranty. I swear I think they build them that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
You would THINK they would eat at home.... BUT NOooooooooooooooooooo.... LOL... I think it is because Diva watches me cook and then tells the Chatterbox not to eat it "BECAUSE"......I Know!!!! I should just order take out all the time.... That would solve ALL of the problems in the S house!
Don't let her watch. Just blindfold her, you know, like you are playing a game. Only kidding. Would she like to help you?

nms- I must say your typing is very good after 3 T&J's.

I have to get off my butt and make Chicken Parmesan. Maybe a little spaghetti on the side. Yum.

Old 01-01-2009, 04:19 PM

48,131 posts, read 22,004,457 times
I made some pepperidge farm stuffing with add ins of carrot, red onion and celery and a wine and herb flavored chix broth....put some chicken pieces on top and then put an herbed cream of chicken soup and cream mixture over all and am cooking it in a covered casserole...I just took the cover off to brown it up a bit.....it smells very good.

Dear Partner went out to play tennis this afternoon but when he came home LATE, he said they had lots of munchies after the game....chicken wings etc....so I doubt he will be too hungry.

Old 01-01-2009, 04:33 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,869,300 times
Alright so you all know who the Kitchen Fairy is......

The girls came home tonight and started to play Tinkerbell.... they were really into it when they decided they needed dinner.... so I made them something light- a nice bowl of soup.... after a heavy meal this afternoon at Grandma and Grandpa's.... And they NAMED ME..........da da da da.... THE KITCHEN FAIRY. I almost started laughing though... because I don't know if you all remember a few months back when Elston so kindly wished us all a visit from the Kitchen Fairy????? WELL.... if that happens next time....I love you all but...... DON'T HOLD YOUR BREATHE!!!!!! hahahahah LOL

Old 01-01-2009, 04:35 PM

48,131 posts, read 22,004,457 times
Better than the kitchen witch, SKBS

Old 01-01-2009, 04:40 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,595,230 times
Dinner is on my plate so I know it will not change now. Southern style red flannel hash, blackeyed peas, and collard greens. Can't go wrong with these...

Old 01-01-2009, 05:02 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,743,388 times
Elston it sounds to me that you are on the mend.
Tonight I think will be take-out as we just finished taking down the Xmas decorations with the exception of the window candles. What a job that is.....but I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Thanks for the tip on the chicken parm. I will try it next time. I had it in the oven on 300 for 40 minutes so I can't figure why it dried out. Oh well that was last year!

Have a good night all......stay warm!

Old 01-01-2009, 05:32 PM

3,459 posts, read 5,794,241 times
I went away for a while, and haven't been around to post, but I hope everybody had a great Christmas and I'd like to wish everyone a very happy New Year.

Dinner tonight was breakfast. Hash browns with bacon and eggs.

Old 01-01-2009, 05:41 PM
ECG

42,606 posts, read 2,746,104 times
Tonight For dinner I made a soup called ASIAGO, and with it I made a small Quiche Lorraine, I had that with Toasted French Bread with a spread made of Olive Oil & Garlic...I was so full, I had no dessert!!

Old 01-01-2009, 05:53 PM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,391,518 times
Ate out tonight at a good homestyle southern restaurant:

Chicken and dressing with giblet gravy and cranberry sauce (yes, even after all the dressing and cran sauce of the recent holidays),

black eyed peas (for good luck or so they say) and

turnip greens (which I had never tried before and can now say with certainty that I wasn't missing anything - felt a bit like eating shrub clippings oh well, live and learn)

Happy New Year All!

2009?! Still sounds funny to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink