Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2009, 05:02 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times

Advertisements

Dinner tonight was salami, pepperoni, sharp provolone, olives, roasted red peppers, crusty bread, and red wine. After a week of a cold and far too many tastless meals I needed some easy flavah!

Old 01-04-2009, 05:03 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,289,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncoast Guy View Post
Tonight, the menu is Oven Fry Chicken, Mashed Potatoes, and Carrots.
I have been wanting to try some oven fried chicken using the Panko everyone keeps talking about!

Yay me - I was the 20000 post! Just wish I could have been a little more eloquent than asking Nomad for chocolate! But, I guess it fits doesn't it! LOL

Old 01-04-2009, 05:17 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,184,960 times
Kats here's your rep since I can't do the real thing with ya for post #20,000! I know I am so glad cyn is still here in this thread a lot of posters start a thread on CD then never return.

What are ya all eating with your bean soups??? We like cornbread with ham and beans with a healthy dose of chopped fresh onions on top of each bowl. I am like some of you I like it the next day best.

Grilled cheese won out for supper here. Yes I am glad my kids load up on fresh fruits instead of potato chips or other snack foods. It would have been nice to have the clementines last a couple of days though. Nobody touched the apples and oranges on the counter laying beside the little devoured jewels.

Old 01-04-2009, 05:20 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,184,960 times
Oh forgot we like fried potatoes sometimes with our ham and beans soup too.

Old 01-04-2009, 05:29 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,867,628 times
Way to go Kats!!! Look at all that hard work......Man us Foodies have a lot to gab about!!! LOL..... it is always so nice to chat with you all......

I did end up dippin' into last night's pizza..... it was yummy.... COLD btw.... like it that way...... and veggies..... had to have some veggies....

Just put the girls to bed.... we will see how it goes after two weeks of staying up later than ever for two weeks straight.... it is a school night tonight!!!! First time in ages I will have to set the alarm in the morning.... heaven help me.....

Old 01-04-2009, 05:42 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,389,075 times
Hi all. Congratulations on 20,000. Woo hoo. http://bestsmileys.com/clapping/2.gif (broken link)

I haven't caught up yet but I just wanted to say I had an amazing dinner. I tried a new recipe which was simple and "delicious". I made Spinach and Feta stuffed Chicken Breast. Here is the recipe for you to enjoy.

4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
4 slices bacon

DIRECTIONS
In a medium bowl, mix mayonnaise, spinach, feta cheese, and garlic until well blended. Set aside.
Carefully butterfly chicken breasts, making sure not to cut all the way through. Spoon spinach mixture into chicken breasts. Wrap each with a piece of bacon, and secure with a toothpick. Place in shallow baking dish. Cover.
Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 1 hour, or until chicken is no longer pink.

I omitted the bacon and cut back on the "light" mayo and it was still delish. I also added Italian diced tomatoes on top when it was finished in the oven. It was super moist. I only cooked it for 40 minutes so watch the time.

OK, now I shared. I'm going back to catch up.

Old 01-04-2009, 05:44 PM

50,367 posts, read 63,948,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Kats here's your rep since I can't do the real thing with ya for post #20,000! I know I am so glad cyn is still here in this thread a lot of posters start a thread on CD then never return.

What are ya all eating with your bean soups??? We like cornbread with ham and beans with a healthy dose of chopped fresh onions on top of each bowl. I am like some of you I like it the next day best.

Grilled cheese won out for supper here. Yes I am glad my kids load up on fresh fruits instead of potato chips or other snack foods. It would have been nice to have the clementines last a couple of days though. Nobody touched the apples and oranges on the counter laying beside the little devoured jewels.
Absolutely must have corn bread with our bean soup, too. It was awesome.

Old 01-04-2009, 05:44 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,848,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsmeeyow View Post
I need some chocolate! Where's Nomad?
Wow you did it!! #20,000-Congrat Kats

Old 01-04-2009, 05:45 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,260,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Let's see-soup at Elston's, off to Fla for veggie pizza with NMS, flight to CA for carrot vake with Amber. Sounds like a plan-now to dig out!
Don't worry, Lacey...we'll send the helicoptor to pick you up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
No need to puree the beans they cooked down nicely.....some recognizable beans...but the broth is thick and delicious with nice junks of ham.....I added some tomato puree and carrots and celery, half a jalepeno ; seasoned with cumin, bay, garlic, parsley, red pepper flakes and Old Bay seasoning; it tastes delicious. I wish I could serve everyone up a hot bowl of bean soup....
Wish you could, too, Elston. I usually cook my beans just long enough for half mush, half bean, too. The best of both worlds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingtohouston View Post
That's ok, just checked the ice cream container and apparantly the 3 munchins ate it all. ARGH!!!!!!!!!Now I have to come up with something else for dessert tonight.
Bummer. But that almond ice cream sounds like a winner, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
Way to go Kats!!! Look at all that hard work......Man us Foodies have a lot to gab about!!! LOL..... it is always so nice to chat with you all......

I did end up dippin' into last night's pizza..... it was yummy.... COLD btw.... like it that way...... and veggies..... had to have some veggies....

Just put the girls to bed.... we will see how it goes after two weeks of staying up later than ever for two weeks straight.... it is a school night tonight!!!! First time in ages I will have to set the alarm in the morning.... heaven help me.....
Good luck, skbs!

Wow...ya go away for an afternoon and look what happens - 20,000 posts! It's a good thing the threads aren't fattening to read.

BTW, the veggie pizza was yummie.

Old 01-04-2009, 05:46 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,848,116 times
Now on to 25,000! Hugs and nite all. Soup was hot and great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink