Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2009, 07:03 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,500,274 times

Advertisements

[quote=younglisa7;6855404]Thank you everyone for the well wishes on my toothache. I'm thinking after the root canal Thursday I will be on a liquid diet. I would have loved to have a shot of something but I think there is one lone bottle of wine in the house and we live in a dry county.

QUOTE]

I recommend potato leek soup. That was my fave thing to eat after wisdom tooth surgery.

Old 01-05-2009, 07:08 PM

25,449 posts, read 11,729,620 times
I had Chicken Nuggets, Rice and Green Beans this evening.

Old 01-05-2009, 07:44 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,005,313 times
[quote=Debsi;6855738]
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
Thank you everyone for the well wishes on my toothache. I'm thinking after the root canal Thursday I will be on a liquid diet. I would have loved to have a shot of something but I think there is one lone bottle of wine in the house and we live in a dry county.

QUOTE]

I recommend potato leek soup. That was my fave thing to eat after wisdom tooth surgery.
When I had my root canal there was no diet restrictions unless you want only a liquid diet . Are you getting it done via laser or regular way?

Well, night all! Ended up eating the big zero for dinner tonight, just plain forgot to eat being so busy blowing the snow being shoveled off my roof...

Old 01-05-2009, 09:22 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,334,402 times
Yikes, but you folks had a lot to chat about today! It never ceases to amaze me how fast the pages accumulate. Wish I could spend more time here, but that's just not in the cards.

YoungLisa, I'm so sorry to hear about the toothache and impending root canal; I hope your dentist is fast and painless, and that you'll be back up to speed in a hurry. You'll definitely want at least semi-liquids as long as your mouth is numbed, but once the Novocaine wears off, you should be able to eat most solid foods. Toffee and hard nuts would be contraindicated, but most other foods should be ok.

HighlandsGal, great to see you back again; glad you had some quality time with family, though it's a shame about little Superman... At the same time, it sounds pretty authentic for an eight-year-old boy, if you ask me!

Kelsie, that Reuben appetizer sounds wonderful - it's going to be months before there'll be another occasion for which we'd need to fix an appetizer, but I'm keeping that recipe until we do!

Supper today was a bowl of leftover oxtail soup from Saturday night, gulped down hastily in the breakroom at work before heading across town for another scintillating 3-hour session of Mr. Not-A-Comedian's lame attempts at cracking wise. There just isn't all that much in the tax code that's tremendously funny, and I wish to heck he'd get through the material and save the idiotic anecdotes for his audition at the comedy club. On the bright side, I've found a great way to keep myself awake during the lectures. You know how some people have a certain word that they use as a bridge word, to keep the momentum going when they're not quite sure what they're going to say next? Well, his bridge word is "again," and I've discovered that if I count how many times he says the word "again" in the course of an evening, it keeps me awake and paying attention. For what it's worth, tonight's tally was 78.

Spouse says his sore foot is still uncomfortable (and still looks a fright, all swollen and bruised) but isn't as bad as it was yesterday, so he's playing his usual stubborn self and not going to the doctor. I am biting my tongue and possessing my soul in patience.... Though I will allow that he's not limping quite so much today. Yesterday, he actually broke down and was using my cane to get around, but today he's hobbling on just his own two feet. At least he had the sense not to walk to work today, as he usually does. Ah, well, we shall see how he does tomorrow. Hope the recovery continues, else I'll be obliged to get my stubborn going, too, and haul him off to the doc.

Still gotta get the last of the stuff in the fridge out and stored in either the basement fridge or the garage. Our new refrigerator is supposed to be delivered tomorrow between 9:30 and 1:30, and we need to have the old one empty and ready to be hauled off before they arrive. Daughter is taking half a day off work to be Janey-on-the-spot to accept delivery, bless her, but I certainly don't expect her to also empty the old one.

And on that note, I'd best evict the purring feline currently occupying my lap and get going, so I can get to bed before midnight tonight. Have a great evening, all, see you tomorrow-

Old 01-05-2009, 09:25 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
chicken n brocolli

Old 01-05-2009, 09:34 PM
bjh

60,079 posts, read 30,382,128 times
Roast beef and mashed potatoes with gravy, beans, bread rolls.

Old 01-05-2009, 11:47 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,579,111 times
One day I will learn not to venture into here at bed time. Now I want Dinner II...Mashed potatoes and gravy is most addicting...

Old 01-06-2009, 01:19 AM

8,685 posts, read 16,848,232 times
Hey all, I am going to have to completely catch up later...way too much for tonight....geez you's are a busy bunch...

We had mac and cheese, peas and some kielbasa...didn't not feel like cooking so much tonight...

Old 01-06-2009, 03:59 AM

10,782 posts, read 8,727,605 times
Mushroom risotto. They were Porcini mushrooms that came in a small packet, with the box of Carnaroli rice. Added a lovely flavour.

Served with a side salad - leafy greens, cherry toms, simple and light vinaigrette dressing.

Wine: from the McLaren Vale region of South Australia: Ingoldby, a 2007 Cab Sav.

I'm very content right now.

Old 01-06-2009, 04:03 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,386,066 times
Not much cooking planned for the day.

I still have some potatoes and a Schnitzel in the fridge. The potatoes are fried with onion and lots of herbs. The Schnitzel (pork in breadcrumbs baked in some butter or oil) will only be warmed in the microwave and a fried egg will go over it.
This will be for DH.

I will take some spaghettis out of the freezer and have leftover ground meat / tomatoe sauce. I guess it's similar to your sloppy joe's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink