Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2009, 04:29 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,841,918 times

Advertisements

Morning all-Elston I'm with you on the brown rice and whole wheat pasta-just can't do them.

MWBW-hopefully it's just a bad sprain but they can be worse than a break. Boy you have a full schedule!

Rest of soup is all containered, marked and chilled ready to be frozen.

Miguel'sM both sound good.

Hey it's 15 above with a wind chill of 5 above-heat wave! Yesterday we were 5 below all day and a town 2 1/2 hrs. south was at 35 above.

Old 01-06-2009, 05:00 AM

5,035 posts, read 9,219,177 times
Last night we had a wonderful, thick split pea soup with flanken, topped with garlic croutons. When we got down to the flanken at the bottom of our bowls, we just added some prepared horseradish from a jar. Yum!

Tonight will be a pork roast, which is presently marinating in soy sauce and whiskey. Not sure about the sides yet.

Kats - Thanks for the idea of adding butter to the batter. I'll try that next time.

Jax - Everything was just right - it was just getting the butter under the pancakes when I was turning them. That is why the flip sides of every pancake stuck to the pan.

HG - Glad you're back!

Kelsie - Thanks for the Reubin recipe. I'll be trying it soon.

Lisa - If your tooth was just filled, I don't think you should be able to hit a nerve. The filling should be covering anything that was exposed.

Leilani - We call that a hero. Who knew there were so many names for the same thing?

Old 01-06-2009, 06:16 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,297,179 times
Morning all! Rain, rain and more rain last night and today. At leat it's not cold but it's suppose to drop to the 20's tomorrow.
Sounds like everyone has been having some mighty tasty meals lately.
I guess I was grumpy again yesterday.....DH mentioned to me at the store yesterday that I'd really been a bit of a b**** all day! He was right. At least he said it with a smile! It was better then the day before so I'm hoping today will be better still. I don't like myself when I'm like that!
Day 18-- no smoking.

No idea for dinner yet tonight. Will post that later.

Old 01-06-2009, 06:21 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,864,824 times
Lisa, I have sensitivity after cavities... it will go away after a week.... just wait it out....I think it just depends on how deep the cavitiy was.....

Diva was only back to school for one day and she is already trying to PRETEND to be sick this morning.... BOY is she pulling out all the stops!!!! Too bad it is my day to VOLUNTEER and man am I getting annoyed with her.... waterworks and all. I think it is because the Chatterbox is heading to her grandparents to be babysat while I am there.... this was just too much for her to handle.... and she lost it..... was on deaths door as soon as she heard!!!!!! just HAD to stay home..... OMG it has been one heck of an hour!!!!!! Just getting the child to brush her teeth requires a court order....

So, dinner.... well.... I pulled out that Chicken sausage I got at the farmers market this weekend.... that is defrosting. I think I will oven "fry" up some potato slices.... carrots.... and of cours.... the ever FAMOUS.... BROCOLLI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-06-2009, 06:43 AM

5,035 posts, read 9,219,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
I guess I was grumpy again yesterday.....DH mentioned to me at the store yesterday that I'd really been a bit of a b**** all day! He was right. At least he said it with a smile! It was better then the day before so I'm hoping today will be better still. I don't like myself when I'm like that!
Day 18-- no smoking.
Don't be so hard on yourself. Alcoholics can go inpatient to detox, so can most drug addicts. Cigarette addicts have to do it at home, without much professional assistance and therapy. You'll be back to your old self soon enough - and feeling better than ever, too.

You're doing great, Cyn.

Old 01-06-2009, 06:46 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,384,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
Lisa, I have sensitivity after cavities... it will go away after a week.... just wait it out....I think it just depends on how deep the cavitiy was.....

Diva was only back to school for one day and she is already trying to PRETEND to be sick this morning.... BOY is she pulling out all the stops!!!! Too bad it is my day to VOLUNTEER and man am I getting annoyed with her.... waterworks and all. I think it is because the Chatterbox is heading to her grandparents to be babysat while I am there.... this was just too much for her to handle.... and she lost it..... was on deaths door as soon as she heard!!!!!! just HAD to stay home..... OMG it has been one heck of an hour!!!!!! Just getting the child to brush her teeth requires a court order....

So, dinner.... well.... I pulled out that Chicken sausage I got at the farmers market this weekend.... that is defrosting. I think I will oven "fry" up some potato slices.... carrots.... and of cours.... the ever FAMOUS.... BROCOLLI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's what we have our kids for. When I read things like this I'm afraid of DS getting older. He's 20 months now and testing us on every possibility, trying to start crying if he doesn't get his way. It's easy to stay consequent when he tries it that way but when he says "please, please" or Mami and Papa so sweet it gets harder.

Oven baked potatoes sound great. Will have to put it on my list for this weekend.

Old 01-06-2009, 07:19 AM

Sometimes threatening Diva with a trip to the doctor's as being she's that sick-a shot would be in order, could be an immediate cure.

Old 01-06-2009, 07:40 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,993,681 times
Gooooooooood morning all!
If we can get the rest of the snow off the roof and blown away from the house (it's supposed to snow today then RAIN tomorrow or Thursday) then it'll be tacos of some sort I think.

Cyn, being "difficult" while quiting is a pain for both people and on the several times I quit and got that way my DW said that while I was being an A** it was worth it to get me off those things.

SKBS, my parents fixed my ill health when it came to avoiding school. The first time I started that up they said "ok, stay home BUT you will stay in your room on your bed (except for potty breaks) with nothing but a school book so you will not miss too much and be behind" I tried to get out to watch tv and such as was told "since you're way too sick to go to school obviously you're way to ill to enjoy tv and need your rest, go back to your room and stay in bed" which I actually was ignorant enough to bite at. Let me tell you how boring and unwise that choice was and that I never played that one again.

Old 01-06-2009, 07:40 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,490,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miguel's mom View Post
Not much cooking planned for the day.

I still have some potatoes and a Schnitzel in the fridge. The potatoes are fried with onion and lots of herbs. The Schnitzel (pork in breadcrumbs baked in some butter or oil) will only be warmed in the microwave and a fried egg will go over it.
Yum yum.. you can feed me any time.

Tonight we are going to Costco after work to pick up oodles of household supplies, so we will probably grab a hot dog or piece of pizza there.

Old 01-06-2009, 07:42 AM

JimJ how mush snow do you have?

Debsi just do the Costco "graze".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.