Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2009, 02:20 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,180,053 times

Advertisements

Good late afternoon! We are having sleeting rain here again so my Internet has been off and on today. Guess we are destine to have an icy winter instead of snowy.

miguel's mom that Schnitzel sounds great!

Lacey I am a big Little House on the Prairie fan, it's setting was in MN funny I only remember one episode where they dealt with a blizzard and don't recall any other really cold winters. Don't you wish you could "program" your weather like they did?

CheyDee that was an excellent point about nicotine withdraws!

MTH & HG cute doggie pics!

Huckleberry your London broil sounds delicious!

Haven't decided supper yet I want veggie soup but didn't start it earlier and I think we are out of canned homemade veggie soup. I am in the mode of shopping from our freezer and using up what we already have here so meals might get a little weird for awhile. After Sears comes tomorrow to change a regulator on my stove I hope I can get some canning done have about 50 lbs of potatoes and about 10 lbs of ham to can up.

Last edited by Jaxson; 01-06-2009 at 03:05 PM..

Old 01-06-2009, 02:31 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,556,021 times
I managed to get the small beef roast into the toaster oven with some finagling with the racks and pan..I added extra garlic powder to the water pan below it. Sure is smelling good now. I'm leaving it in the toaster oven until done...I imagine the wife will still want the sweet potato and will add a green veggie to the menu..

Old 01-06-2009, 02:35 PM

4,604 posts, read 5,774,459 times
Quote:
Ouch...now the friggin' patch is giving me a rash where it is on me under my arm on my side.. It's driving me crazy. Guess I will just put it on my arm . The directions says to put it in different places but my side is just to sensitive I guess. I sure hope it doesn't cause a rash everywhere I put it or I'm going to have to quit it way sooner then I'd care to. UGH!!!
Cyn - I was hoping this wouldn't happen to you. I made it to step two and had to stop. Everywhere that I put the patch turned red and puffy and didn't go away for 3 to 4 days. It was really bad when I did yard work and got all sweaty!! Try to make sure that you put it on a "tough" skin spot and not a tender area. What level are you on? Maybe if you step down it won't be as strong and you can handle it. The longer you can where them the easier it will be. Quitnet might have some good suggestions also.

Old 01-06-2009, 02:38 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,865,469 times
OFF TOPIC

next time I ask for help in the parenting forum shoot me.... please.....

what is my problem......? Why don't I learn my lesson? ever? those people can't say anything in a constructive manner... well most of them.... it has to be hostile and rude.... all the time... ugh.... sorry.... venting..... in the one place I know I won't be badgered on here.... or ridiculed for spelling errors....or told I need to get over myself.... ugh..... really?

How can people do that?????? When all you want is advice????? I love my foodie friends..... Please know that..... You guys are so wonderful..... you never have a nasty thing to say... or make me feel FULL OF MYSELF.... or make fun my the reading teachers spelling errors.... LOL..... OMG......

THANK YOU MY FOODIE FRIENDS for being so wonderful......

Old 01-06-2009, 02:41 PM

50,339 posts, read 63,906,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Just finished a yummy little italian sub on a focaccia roll. Got it all bubbly under the broiler so the cheese got gooey and the fat from the salami moistened everything up.
Tonight I have a chicken to roast, but I'm thinking that Monday is 20% off night at our favorite Chinese place, so maybe we'll do that.
I'm an idiot. When I asked DH if he wanted to go, he informed me it was TUESDAY. Time flies.

Old 01-06-2009, 02:42 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,556,021 times
skbs I would not dare put my 2¢ in over there. I am just happy to game and cook. My beef roast is smelling real good now.. Well the garlic is anyway...First time I've done one this way..Trial by fire going on here today.

Old 01-06-2009, 02:49 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,286,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
OFF TOPIC

next time I ask for help in the parenting forum shoot me.... please.....

what is my problem......? Why don't I learn my lesson? ever? those people can't say anything in a constructive manner... well most of them.... it has to be hostile and rude.... all the time... ugh.... sorry.... venting..... in the one place I know I won't be badgered on here.... or ridiculed for spelling errors....or told I need to get over myself.... ugh..... really?

How can people do that?????? When all you want is advice????? I love my foodie friends..... Please know that..... You guys are so wonderful..... you never have a nasty thing to say... or make me feel FULL OF MYSELF.... or make fun my the reading teachers spelling errors.... LOL..... OMG......

THANK YOU MY FOODIE FRIENDS for being so wonderful......
Poor darlin!!!!!!!!!! I know what you mean though! I will dip in different places to ask a question or make a remark - sometimes I get my bacon fried! Oh well, take it for what it is - THEIR loss!!!!!

Old 01-06-2009, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I'm an idiot. When I asked DH if he wanted to go, he informed me it was TUESDAY. Time flies.
I tried to rep you but I must spread the love first. We all lose track sometimes. LOL

Old 01-06-2009, 02:57 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,298,706 times
Skbs, my dear, I have been there and done that. In the parenting forum and others...really can be nasty out there! That's when I decided to stay right here where I feel safe and have my friends around me. It's sad, I know, but it is what it is. It's so difficult for me to understand how there can be so many angry, nasty people on the forum but we've been so fortunate to have only the very best posters on this thread. The happy, friendly ones. I am so thankful that we have been so lucky!!

Old 01-06-2009, 02:58 PM

The only other one I go to is the pets-dog. Nice folks there!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink