Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2009, 12:00 PM

48,121 posts, read 21,999,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Can't pass this one---"Shake n Bake". Yep, I lived though 3 "major" earthquakes all close to where I was living in the San Fernando Valley. I really didn't mind them once they were over---it was at the very beginning of each one when you didn't know how bad it was going to be that was the worst part!
love the "shake and bake" Do you remember their old advertisement with the little girl who proudly proclaimed....."Momma made fried chicken.....and I helped!"

DP will be out tonight until after 8 pm so I have plenty of time to fry chicken before he comes home.

Old 01-09-2009, 12:11 PM

7,333 posts, read 2,742,181 times
Hate to say this to all the foodies freezing...it's supposed to be 80 today. (Of course, tomorrow will probably be about 50 if our weather does as it has all month).

Tonight, I will probably have just a green salad with some fresh veggies on it.

Hope you all have a wonderful day.

Old 01-09-2009, 12:11 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,260,249 times
Loved all the earthquake recipes! Wish I could come up with one myself.

Not sure if I mentioned it, but Santa brought us a crock pot for Christmas. First try was Swiss steak. Big hit. Good one. Today, before we went on our expedition, I took a whole chicken, put it in the pot (it's an oval 6-quarter), sliced up an onion and a lemon and scattered those across it. Then I took a bottle of BBQ and combined it w/ 3/4 cup cola (all we had was diet, so I used that). Man, does it smell good in here. SO that's dinner for tonight. Not sure what the sides are going to be - maybe roasted sweet potato (have to use a couple up before they go bad on us). I'll let you know how it turns out.

Old 01-09-2009, 12:20 PM

5,504 posts, read 6,246,925 times
Good Afternoon Everyone! Hope everyone is safe on the W. Coast.
Lisa I hope you are feeling better too! I hate dentists, I would rather give birth.

I made a big pot of gravy and meatballs, so tonight's dinner will be Ravioli, meatballs, salad and crusty Italian bread. Then out for a couple of hours to play NTN trivia.

Repairman just left, my 4 yr. old dryer's motor is gone. He will be back Monday with a new motor and leave with my $215.00 check.

Have a wonderful afternoon all. Will check in later.

Old 01-09-2009, 12:31 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,305,220 times
Wow kelsie...you could almost buy a new dryer for that much--with a warranty!! It might be worth looking into. Course there isn't to much more that could seriously go wrong with a dryer I guess so it will probably be good to go for a few more years. Fours old is not that old..they just don't make things to last now days!!

Old 01-09-2009, 12:32 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,184,960 times
Hi! I have tried to post 2 times here today but keep getting kicked off then I have to go back to start again. Here's hoping the 3rd time is the charm!

YLisa the Ball book should have steps on canning trying looking at your library for some canning books or older cookbooks. I'll resurrect the canning thread so we can go more into detail about canning over there OK?

southdown sorry you are having tenant problems halfway across the world away. Chin up I will keep you in my prayers but feel free to use us as your sounding board.

aiangel 10K and still not done? Hope you have stock in your dentist's practice. I have a lot of money in my mouth too over the years not in one year thankfully.

LetterLady I can't even imagine what an earthquake feels like but glad it wasn't a large one that did major damage.

kelsie thanks for the DM explaining the beans to me. From what my appliance guy has told me the past 2 months here working on my stove we can expect appliances to have a life span of less than 5 years. The manufactures want you to replace instead of repair that is why repair bills have gone up. It use to be a lot cheaper to have things repaired but not now days.

Tonight I am making sesame seed chicken out of the diabetic magazine with rice. Let ya all know how it goes it just seems the recipes are a lot like mine but uses reduce sodium, sugar type ingredients. Since we had chicken stir fry last night guess we are on an oriental kick but my family likes lots of chicken dishes so I think I will be safe.

Old 01-09-2009, 12:39 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,848,116 times
Hate to tell you how many times we've had the refrig repaired and it's only 3 1/2! If it knows I'm talking about it it will act up.

Old 01-09-2009, 12:42 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,500,274 times
Are you appliance repairing people talking about high end or low end appliances needing fixing all the time?

What you are saying makes me really afraid to ever buy one of those fancy $2500 refrigerators... if I ever have money, of course. Grr.

I haven't had any problems - rap wood - with my 2 year old kitchen appliances, I didn't buy them, house flippers did, but that's how I know they weren't high end!

Old 01-09-2009, 12:44 PM

2,994 posts, read 3,764,928 times
hello!

tonight I have eaten pizza with my daddy and a slice of panettone !

Old 01-09-2009, 12:45 PM

2,994 posts, read 3,764,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
."Momma made fried chicken.....and I helped!"
it's very good!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink