Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2009, 07:12 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,261,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Good morning one and all!

Grannysroost, I am right here with you on this no smoking journey. We can and will do this. You sound ready and I know I am ready! Anytime you have any kind of problems or questions please feel free to send me a DM. Helping you will also help myself. Wonderful, wonderful job on not smoking!!

You are doing so good lacey on your weight loss. You amaze me. So far I am doing ok and not gaining leaps and bounds but I am eating more. I am just thankful I had some room to gain weight but that could easily change so I'm reading very carefully how you and elston are doing this weight loss thing just in case!

I want to answer each of you but you've all been so busy up here that it would take a whole page so I'll just say I have been sitting here enjoying reading what each of you have to say!

Dinner will be chicken of some sorts I think!! This could easily change.....

Day 22--no smoking. Good day yesterday!

((((applause, applause)))

Old 01-10-2009, 07:17 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,868,442 times
good morning.....I hope you all have a warm sunny Saturday... not quite what we are having here. It's a bit chilly here. The girls are going to a birthday party this afternoon...besides that nothing too exciting... hoping to sit on my duff and rest. Still have the headache. Not AS bad as yesterday. Hubby got home and I went right to bed last night- no dinner and no fooling around... you all know that is usually tough for me... not last night. So, I am just SITTING today. Didn't even eat dinner- just slept. Stated the day off with my yogurt and granola and I am so full now. To tired to think about dinner... wiped out. I think I am going to hand the responsibility over to hubby today and delegate... Who told me to do that yesterday? LOL... that is also a tough thing for me... giving up CONTROL.... LOL.... but today I am handing it all over.... Ok all.... have a good weekend...... I am heading to the sofa.....

MWBW looks like you are almost to that star.....
Cyn... 22 Days... good for you...
Lacey... 11 lbs... OMG... amazing....

Old 01-10-2009, 07:21 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,391,972 times
Good morning everyone. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend planned. Congratulations to Cyn and Granny. Keep it up. Congrats to all of the weight losers also. I will be doing my weigh in on Monday. So cross your fingers for me. I know I lost some now I just have to keep plugging along.

Tonight I am making "healthy" stuffed cabbage for the first time. Cyn- did you have stuffed peppers last night? How were they? My DH likes Stouffer's SP but it's getting expensive. I haven't been able to duplicate the sweetness of the Stouffer's sauce. I think it's tomato soup(?) Maybe.

vpcats- Are you doing WW points? Isn't that program very flexible? Do not eat things you hate you will just give up. Try to find some healthy carbs that you can add to your diet. Good luck. You can do this. Can you stuff the rabbit food in a mini(petite) ww pita? It hides the taste and salads taste really good..

nik- Aren't you glad you didn't sell her off? Children constantly change and grow. It's great to see them grow up into responsible adults. At 13 I swear girls turn into aliens. Gone is the sweet little girl you knew and loved so much, lol.

MWBW- I hope you are able to have a nice relaxing weekend. Take it easy.

Old 01-10-2009, 07:38 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,849,768 times
NMS-I just took a can of sweetened kraut, seasoned the roast with salt/pepper, garlic, onion powder and plopped it on the kraut and roasted. Good for you girl on the weight.

YLisa-you're doing great-when I do stuffed cabbage or peppers I use tomato sauce, brown sugar, worstershire & a squirt of lemon juice.

Think at one time or another we all would have listed our kids on E-Bay!

SKBS-rest up.

Old 01-10-2009, 07:40 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,083,908 times
Good morning all woke up to a nasty wet morning raining here in ky . better than florida heat and being in the 80 's by now . LOL !!! For those of you who dont know I hate florida. I am probably going to spend the day at home or go to the library and curl up with a good book . anyways have a great weekend all of you and god bless all .

Old 01-10-2009, 07:40 AM

Lacey, is that kraut really sweet like sweet potato casserole or just a tad sweet?

Old 01-10-2009, 07:41 AM

Oh, and for how long?

Old 01-10-2009, 07:41 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,186,749 times
Morning foodies!

Lacey we did eat it but with the reduced sodium soy sauce and no other seasonings really it was yucky. I hate to doctor it up since I don't know what ingredients might effect his blood sugar in my doing so. I'll just try another recipe until I find a couple that will give them the taste they say is missing in diabetic cooking. I did read it was OK to use Mrs. Dash so might try that in upcoming recipes I hate to go buy a bunch of ingredients just for a couple of meals to take to them. WTG not gaining during the holidays!

cyn that is saying something you had a good day yesterday! Yeah!

NMS it isn't wonderful up here we are having freezing rain again with them calling for 4-7" of snow today! My ex is a weather spotter and he says the real weathermen don't know what they are talking about which he is usually right. Want some if we get it?

skbs sounds like a good plan letting DH take over today hope your headache passes.

YLisa good luck in your weight loss!

Just me here this weekend so I will be eating leftovers instead of cooking. As you can see with my reply to NMS I won't be going out if we get all the snow they are calling for. Plus I stay in when it is ice if I can.

I'll check back later have a nice day!

Old 01-10-2009, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Morning foodies!

Lacey we did eat it but with the reduced sodium soy sauce and no other seasonings really it was yucky. I hate to doctor it up since I don't know what ingredients might effect his blood sugar in my doing so. I'll just try another recipe until I find a couple that will give them the taste they say is missing in diabetic cooking. I did read it was OK to use Mrs. Dash so might try that in upcoming recipes I hate to go buy a bunch of ingredients just for a couple of meals to take to them. WTG not gaining during the holidays!

cyn that is saying something you had a good day yesterday! Yeah!

NMS it isn't wonderful up here we are having freezing rain again with them calling for 4-7" of snow today! My ex is a weather spotter and he says the real weathermen don't know what they are talking about which he is usually right. Want some if we get it?

skbs sounds like a good plan letting DH take over today hope your headache passes.

YLisa good luck in your weight loss!

Just me here this weekend so I will be eating leftovers instead of cooking. As you can see with my reply to NMS I won't be going out if we get all the snow they are calling for. Plus I stay in when it is ice if I can.

I'll check back later have a nice day!
Thanks for the offer on the snow, but I think I'll pass.

Old 01-10-2009, 07:44 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,309,354 times
I don't know what Stouffer's uses but I do use tomatoe soup and it seems to taste the same or close to the same. I also put some shredded cheese over the peppers before I put the soup over them. I agree about the Stouffer's cost..it can get expensive. I bought these bell peppers during the summer at a veggie stand when they were 4 for a dollar and they were huge and beautiful. I did get some not long ago for a good price but nothing like that. I make a lot of the stuffing and stuff those babies and freeze them individually in my seal a meal bags for using later!! They are a lot better then the Stouffers and I do like the Stouffers. I thaw out in the fridge for all night or on the counter for the day and then bake them at 350-375 for 45min to one hour uncovered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink