Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2008, 03:39 PM

47,902 posts, read 21,903,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenbacismama View Post
I one upped you last night. We just threw together leftovers since I didn't want to cook. American Idol is too important for me to miss!
I watched American Idol once! I was so embarressed for the contestants and appalled by the rudeness and cruelty of the host and never watched it again.

Old 03-05-2008, 03:42 PM

2,355 posts, read 2,178,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingtohouston View Post
That sounds good. Do add flour to the broth to thicken it or does it get absorbed/boiled off? Do you serve it over anything?
Nope, I don't add flour, the broth gets a little absorbed in the potatoes but there is still enough for the one-pot meal to seem like a soup. I haven't really tried serving it over anything because there is so much in the meal. You could try serving it over rice. I like brown rice cooked with chicken or beef broth.

Old 03-05-2008, 03:46 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,225,242 times
True elston..but that is the only way they can get these contestants down to the very best. I agree they could be nicer but I guess that is the business. I enjoy the talent. Oh my there are some great singers there! I cry right along with the people let go but I cheer along with the ones hanging on! I just have to remind myself..once these contestants get to this point they are all going to get some great jobs!! People know they are out there and that they are good. Without this American Idol it probably would never happen for the most of them. I just have to look at the positive side. Plus, I am not a tv watcher to begin with so this is one show my hubbie and I can watch together!

Old 03-05-2008, 03:51 PM

2,489 posts, read 7,196,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyhossenlopp View Post
Nope, I don't add flour, the broth gets a little absorbed in the potatoes but there is still enough for the one-pot meal to seem like a soup. I haven't really tried serving it over anything because there is so much in the meal. You could try serving it over rice. I like brown rice cooked with chicken or beef broth.
Ok last question bone in pork chops or boneless?

Old 03-05-2008, 03:53 PM

2,355 posts, read 2,178,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingtohouston View Post
Ok last question bone in pork chops or boneless?
LOL...I don't mind questions. I use boneless pork chops, the thin kind.

Old 03-05-2008, 04:00 PM

2,489 posts, read 7,196,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyhossenlopp View Post
LOL...I don't mind questions. I use boneless pork chops, the thin kind.
Thanks I will have to try that. Sounds like something my kids would enjoy.

Old 03-05-2008, 04:18 PM

8,893 posts, read 4,531,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Good morning all!!!!!!!!! Missed you all lots.

Had a wonderful time but the trip from h---. It took me 24 hrs. to fly to NJ as the East coast had that snowstorm and my flight was cancelled. Long story.

Had a wonderful dinner at a friends-she used Rao's Ariabetta (sp) sauce and added shrimp-it was delicious.

Won't get in the cook mood here til I regain my senses!
Welcome back, we missed you!

Old 03-05-2008, 04:25 PM

8,893 posts, read 4,531,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Tonight, lucky me...Harris Teeter had those wonderful shrimp on sale and the price was so good hubbie could not just walk by it. So tonight he's doing the dinner thing.. his famous shrimp which is good cause I'm needin' a break..I'll make a baked potatoe and salad. The last two days seem to have lasted forever, I am so tired today. Hopefully by tomorrow I'll have a bit more energy and imagination to figure out a good dinner too!
That sounds delicious!! Let us know how it came out!

Hello all, gosh now that I am working I have to do alot of reading to catch up! Tonight it's leftovers for us, too tired to cook anything else.

Old 03-06-2008, 01:08 AM

1,483 posts, read 1,803,681 times
I saw a wonderful spinach salad with dried fruit and chopped walnuts and red sliced onions in some kind of vinegarette dressing, topped w/ a salmon steak, it looked great, any ideas of what the dressing would consist of? cause thats what I want for dinner,

Old 03-06-2008, 03:53 AM

321 posts, read 918,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle1210 View Post
I saw a wonderful spinach salad with dried fruit and chopped walnuts and red sliced onions in some kind of vinegarette dressing, topped w/ a salmon steak, it looked great, any ideas of what the dressing would consist of? cause thats what I want for dinner,
I make a spinach salad very similiar to this and I use Good Season's Italian packet and make it with Balsamic vinegar rather than white.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink