Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2009, 09:18 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,587,345 times

Advertisements

Night SKBS....Fudge is in planning...S&V too....

Old 01-13-2009, 09:36 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,186,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RdytoGo View Post
You know...in less than 24 hours I've learned:

1) Food doesn't have calories after midnight
2) A piece of fruit added to ice cream makes it healthy
3) Bigger purse = smaller butt!

I really like this place...........
My you are a quick study huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by John From Scranton View Post
Well I know what I'm going to buy tomorrow for the wife!! I'll let ya'll know if anything changes!!
You better be buying one of those grabber things that elderly and handicapped people use to reach things. Use it to pass that purse to your DW that way you are out of arm's reach for that first impulse slug she will be swinging your way buddy.

Old 01-14-2009, 03:58 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,849,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
My you are a quick study huh?

You better be buying one of those grabber things that elderly and handicapped people use to reach things. Use it to pass that purse to your DW that way you are out of arm's reach for that first impulse slug she will be swinging your way buddy.
Oh Jaxson you took the words right out of my brain!!!! LOL

Early good morning all.

MWBW-what a well deserved apprendage-you posts are absolutely wonderful, caring and sharing. It's like we're there with you and your great family.

Hope you are all keeping warm in this arctic freeze-SKBS see where your area-Syracuse/Rochester/Buffalo are fighting about who has the most snow-bragging rights?

Jaxson-long story on the groom t/b-hope yours finds a non-Bridezilla.

Kats-wedding is end of March.

Old 01-14-2009, 04:03 AM

8,893 posts, read 4,543,266 times
Morning all, too many pages to catch up on..

I am back to work full time so hubby will start doing a little more cooking, could be dangerous, lol. Last night he made spareribs, did a good job, of course I had to give him instructions over the phone so he wouldn't over cook them. Not sure what dinner will be tonight.....

Old 01-14-2009, 05:02 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,868,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
-SKBS see where your area-Syracuse/Rochester/Buffalo are fighting about who has the most snow-bragging rights?

LOL.... Lacey we three do this EVERY YEAR Since I was little... It is a competition I don't understand.... the other two cities can have the title in my opinion.... Who the heck wants 100 inches of snow (our yearly average) and cheers for 120? I mean come on? It's silly....My father checks the paper to compare every weekend..... it's gotta be a Western/Central NY pride thing.... we don't want to get upset we get dumped on so HOPE and CHEER for 120 inches and say YAHOO WE BEAT YOUR SORRY BOOTY THIS YEAR BUFFALO! BOO-YA! LOL LOL

So, I woke to the cold and didn't want to get out of bed.... and the kids have school since it is going to warm up to maybe 10 by lunchtime.... it will be a heatwave.....dang it.... tomorrow and Friday should be worse.... hoping one of them will give the kids a snow day...... Jim if you want to do your tree knockin.....LOL j/k

OK so for real.... TONIGHT.... ORGANIC PIZZA IN THE FREEZER.... it really is.... tonight I promise....LOL.... I hope it is good. Nothing I hate more is when you want to try something really bad and it looks REALLY good. And you get it made.... and it tastes like cardboard..... I really hope it isn't a cardboard pizza...... That would stink.... If so I still have a lot of the Spitball Eggplant left..... that was good. The kids could eat the pizza and I would eat that.....

Ok....Gotta get going on the Morning Duties.... making Diva's breakfast and get her out of bed..... she is NOT going to like this cold.... OH PLEASE WAKE WITH A TIARA.... PLEASE WAKE WITH A TIARA..... PLEASE WAKE WITH A TIARA.........

Old 01-14-2009, 05:05 AM

SKBS-that's one award/title I wouldn't want either.

Just saw on weather channel we will be 50 below tonight. So we will be eating home and be warm and comfy. Over 700 accidents on the roads since yesterday.

Old 01-14-2009, 05:16 AM

21 posts, read 61,807 times
Thought of having dinner at a restaurant in New York. But dropped because of the weather. Just had noodles and salad for dinner.

Last edited by centerd65; 01-14-2009 at 05:17 AM.. Reason: grammar mistake

Old 01-14-2009, 05:51 AM

13,003 posts, read 1,019,569 times
I am open for suggestions:

I was thinking of just Roasting a Chicken with Mashed Potatoes, and Corn. Dessert like pretty lame vanilla ice cream and chocolate sryup.

I wish a had a live-in chef. Maybe I'll go play PowerBall today????

Old 01-14-2009, 05:57 AM

48,129 posts, read 22,002,483 times
Well I didnt make the pork chops I defrosted yesterday so that will be supper tonight. They are boneless and pretty thick....not sure how I will make them.....really dont want to dry them out! I have to watch out for that....when the pork is beautiful and lean....sometimes it gets too dry....maybe a gravy would be a good idea. It is such pretty pork...it doesnt need breading ...hmmmmmmmm....any ideas? (DP has been on a cream of mushroom soup kick for lunches and last night for supper.....so the old onion soup and crm soup would be redundant.

Old 01-14-2009, 06:04 AM

Elston-I dip in egg, bread crumbs or crushed saltines. Brown and put in casserole, cover and bake 325 for 45 min.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink