Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2009, 11:49 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,868,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
That is crazy! We watched a show a few nights ago on the Travel channel this guy was up in Alaska. To show how cold it was he threw a cup of water in the air before the water came back down it was frozen ice crystals! I don't know how fellow CD poster Rance stands it up there working outside like he does at times.

Wonder how many popsicles are sold in Alaska?
Lacey is saying she is colder than Alaska right now.... NO wonder your beer blew up in the garage Lacey Right now Alaska is warmer than me.......

Old 01-15-2009, 11:49 AM

29,890 posts, read 9,960,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
Uh...... are you serious? What kind of trade are we talkin' 'bout? Why don't you like your warm weather???? You actually want to sit around in ZERO degrees??? AND FLURRIES? and when the wind blows you understand it will be -20 right? LOL.... how warm are you? I am in shock but I think I better jump at the chance.... do I have to have a fight with Lacey for this? I don't know.... she is the deepest into the freeze out of all of us I guess.... LOL.... poor Lacey.... I can't even imagine your temps..... I know I'm cold.... MAN.... and YOUR temps are insane...... YOU take it...GO... get out of there.... RUN.... HURRY.... GO.....
Yeah......I'm serious! I love cold weather! ......It's actually 57 here right now.

Not sure about the -48 Lacey has though.......that's pretty crazy!

Hope ya'll are staying warm! And yes....it's in the mid-40's in Anchorage, AK right now, and even warmer in the Aleutian Islands!

Old 01-15-2009, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxiweodwo View Post
Yeah......I'm serious! I love cold weather! ......It's actually 57 here right now.

Not sure about the -48 Lacey has though.......that's pretty crazy!

Hope ya'll are staying warm! And yes....it's in the mid-40's in Anchorage, AK right now, and even warmer in the Aleutian Islands!
If it were in the 40's I would be in my GLORY! Oh..... lovely... no coat weather..... ah...........almost swimsuit weather! LOL.... ALMOST!

Old 01-15-2009, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
If it were in the 40's I would be in my GLORY! Oh..... lovely... no coat weather..... ah...........almost swimsuit weather! LOL.... ALMOST!
Almost, but not quite!

I love cold weather......probably because the air is a lot cleaner when it's cold.....and hot weather makes me pretty cranky!!!!

Maybe you should migrate to Alaska............

Old 01-15-2009, 11:55 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,186,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
This morning the weatherguy took a t-shirt-wet - outside and in a minute it was solidly frozen.
My kids are telling me I am crazy for not letting them go outside here only being -4. I read them your post and they said they promised to not wear wet tshirts outside if I let them go out.

Old 01-15-2009, 11:57 AM

3,367 posts, read 11,059,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
Good morning all. I will do the rib eyes tonight. Don't want to freeze them so I will do a little gambling I guess. Not sure about veggies other than I will bake potatoes in the toaster oven..Morning tea is done and now I'm going back to bed to finish what I started...Sleep is best for me this time of day.
Hope you had a peaceful nap and all the noise about your new star didn't awaken you!!! Congrats on the sparkly pair...

Rib eyes sound good, what time shall we arrive?

Old 01-15-2009, 11:58 AM

858 posts, read 3,044,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxiweodwo View Post
Almost, but not quite!

I love cold weather......probably because the air is a lot cleaner when it's cold.....and hot weather makes me pretty cranky!!!!

Maybe you should migrate to Alaska............
You could come here to PA.. It about 14 outside now.. And going to be around -3 tonight. To cold for me.

Old 01-15-2009, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John From Scranton View Post
You could come here to PA.. It about 14 outside now.. And going to be around -3 tonight. To cold for me.
That sounds good to me!!!! In my old hometown in GA it's supposed to be 4 tonight......the coldest temp there in years!!!!

Old 01-15-2009, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John From Scranton View Post
WOW you lucked out with a heat wave! I gotta get my booty movin' and get all this laundry I have been doing today AWAY..... the part I hate to do the most..... ugh...... don't mind the washin, the folding.... any of that.... but the putting away.... ugh.......

Chicken is defrosted btw.... back to food..... and I think I am going to BAKE.... YES BAKE..... DID YOU ALL HEAR THAT?????????????? BAKE CUPCAKES...... HELLO????????? I AM BAKING TONIGHT.........

Old 01-15-2009, 12:09 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,742,666 times
Elston you posted about this earlier but I am just getting here. You mentioned about the cookbook. One of my personal treasures is my MIL's recipe boxes and cookbooks with all her handwritten notations. Sometimes when my kids are here and husband is missing her I have a "Gig" day where I cook all her recipes and somehow it brings comfort to them. I too try to write all my recipes out so someday my kids or grandkids will have them especially in my handwriting.

My side of the family every year has a Christmas party whre everyone brings a dish. The amount of food is incredible and what each person brings has become tradition and something everyone looks forward to. This year my cousin had everyone write down their personal recipes and a Family cookbook was published. Some of the comments are hilarious and shows everyone's personalities also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink