Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2009, 02:41 PM

48,112 posts, read 21,992,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Is the Greek variety much different?
What I was taught to call greek oregano is a wild marjaram....it has a purple flower and is very invasive....easy to grow....hard to contain.....the Italian oregano has a white flower and tastes more like the flavor I associate with pizza.

Old 01-17-2009, 02:43 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,983,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
What I was taught to call greek oregano is a wild marjaram....it has a purple flower and is very invasive....easy to grow....hard to contain.....the Italian oregano has a white flower and tastes more like the flavor I associate with pizza.
it was easy for me to grow til Fay came along and drowned it!
Glad to see you, Elston!

Old 01-17-2009, 02:53 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,865,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Just disregard my question in the rep I just left ya. Well it is good the results came back negative but not good not knowing what is causing your headaches. Glad you had a nice time with DH are your temps raising to bearable as well?
Lol.... uh... still quite bitter! Out with the fleece, hat, gloves, scarves, marshmellow winter coat, ugly winter boots.... AND I NEVER wear all that for vanity reasons- unless I have to! LOL.....(can't squish this big hair of mine ya know....) We are all in for the day.... went to the theater today with the kids...it was way too cold for us last night we ended up just renting and getting under covers and stuffing our face with pb pie at home last night... LOL..... So we picked the kids up from the inlaws and went to see a flick earlier.... now we are all in and they are asleep on the sofa... It is nice and quiet here.... and hubby and I just finished the other bit of the tiny PB Pie we purchased last night before the woke to find it for themselves (we are so bad) LOL......

Old 01-17-2009, 03:31 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,332,100 times
I'm a bit late with this, as the guacamole sounds like it's already made up, but one thing I do with mine is to grate the onion rather than chopping it. When our kids were youngsters, they'd complain bitterly about onions, so I'd camouflage them in the guacamole. They were both highly indignant as teens when they figured it out, but they both had to agree that it really tastes better with the onion than without. My basic recipe is two dead-ripe avocados, mashed by hand (one of those old-fashioned potato mashers works well) with about half an onion grated in, either a smashed clove of garlic or a good shake of garlic powder, juice of a lime or two, one chopped Roma tomato, and half a teaspoon of cream of tartar. The cream of tartar slows the tendency to get black.

Supper tonight will be from one of the restaurants downtown on State Street, as we've got symphony tickets for this evening. We're leaning towards the sushi place, but might opt for Mexican if the sushi place is too crowded. And on that note, I need to take a shower and get dressed, so I'll see y'all later.

Old 01-17-2009, 03:34 PM

48,112 posts, read 21,992,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwesternBookWorm View Post
I'm a bit late with this, as the guacamole sounds like it's already made up, but one thing I do with mine is to grate the onion rather than chopping it. When our kids were youngsters, they'd complain bitterly about onions, so I'd camouflage them in the guacamole. They were both highly indignant as teens when they figured it out, but they both had to agree that it really tastes better with the onion than without. My basic recipe is two dead-ripe avocados, mashed by hand (one of those old-fashioned potato mashers works well) with about half an onion grated in, either a smashed clove of garlic or a good shake of garlic powder, juice of a lime or two, one chopped Roma tomato, and half a teaspoon of cream of tartar. The cream of tartar slows the tendency to get black.

Supper tonight will be from one of the restaurants downtown on State Street, as we've got symphony tickets for this evening. We're leaning towards the sushi place, but might opt for Mexican if the sushi place is too crowded. And on that note, I need to take a shower and get dressed, so I'll see y'all later.
Enjoy the concert. You be careful eating any spicy Mexican dishes before going into the concert I think you would fare better with the sushi!

Old 01-17-2009, 04:59 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,556,021 times
I had my chicken nuggets doused with Louisiana Bayou hot sauce and some french fries.

Old 01-17-2009, 05:03 PM

3,459 posts, read 5,790,983 times
Dinner tonight was wild rice, green beans, and hamburger.

Old 01-17-2009, 05:16 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,556,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
and hubby and I just finished the other bit of the tiny PB Pie we purchased last night before the woke to find it for themselves (we are so bad) LOL......
I'm sure by now you have figured out where those Diva genes came from...For me I'm hoping my dinner settles sooner that wife's so I can get the bigger piece of the two of the fudge that is left...

Old 01-17-2009, 05:25 PM

21,353 posts, read 8,447,538 times
Hi everybody,

The tooth is still sensitive... I think he's got to shave the root canal one down a bit to fix the bite or something... we'll know Tuesday morning! If it doesn't break before then! lol

I'm sick of cooking, so I've ordered delivery.... greek salad and a roast beef sub. Then I can spend the night in gaming with Nomie and gang!

Happy meals to all! lol

Old 01-17-2009, 06:38 PM

3,367 posts, read 11,056,807 times
Just wondered if any of you lovely foodies have noticed this thread in the UK forum - very entertaining food discussions...

//www.city-data.com/forum/unite...-uk-v-usa.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalMaine View Post
The tooth is still sensitive... I think he's got to shave the root canal one down a bit to fix the bite or something... we'll know Tuesday morning! If it doesn't break before then! lol

EEEEK that sounds sooo painful... hope they fix it and you feel better soon
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink