Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2009, 07:01 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,217,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southdown View Post
I love all those flavors they do, like a candy store for grownups...

Chilli isn't allowed to be made in small quantities, it's actually illegal
I always suspected that, SD. Soup and spaghetti are in that same law.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Well it looks like it has been quiet in here tonight that will make the morning birds happy.

I must tell ya all I had a party in my mouth eating that guacamole and the kids didn't even notice no mayo but they did the tomatoes I added. They were fine with it seems the whole bowl is almost empty!

southdown Haggis will stay on the UK thread for me.

Coastal hope your dentist gets your bite right soon and you are chomping away with no problems!

Nomad I don't drink coffee so I will trust ya alls word on chocolate in it is good.

Kats we had chili here tonight! Glad yours was good for you.

After supper I decided to make some egg noodles so did a 6 eggs batch worth that are holding down the dining room table drying using both leaves. Boy it took longer to roll and cut them even using the pasta roller I got for Christmas!

We made it up to 32° today and still at 28° so no need to drip the water tonight. Still will be cold getting out for church tomorrow. Brrrr

Better get in bed night all!
So, Jaxson...what're you going to do with those fresh noodles? I may have to plan a quick trip "north"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Good Sunday morning all my foodie friends! And so many newbies---a big welcome to all of you! So many great sounding meals going on here---yummy!
Horray, horray---it's 30 days today--no smoking!!!! I'm doing the happy dance!
Haven't figured out dinner tonight but am thinking it's DH turn to cook! Ha! Now I have to see if he agrees!!
Cyn, I'm so happy for you. Congratulations, you're doing great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotslass View Post
Hope you enjoy your din dins. I'm extremely hungover from that dinner party at my aunts so im taking it easy tonight - too much of the vino tinto/blanco

I'd love to make grilled tiger prawns (still in shells) with sea salt and lemon. I can't seem to find a recipe for it.
Welcome, Scotslass (and Mistyck, too). Don't you hate when drinks "sneak up" on you the next day????

DH is at his Sunday Spot - Barnes & Noble. I'm thinking vegetarian pizza. It's quick, easy and I can throw it together no matter what time he wanders back in. Oh, and I like it a lot, too.

Enjoy your Sunday.

Old 01-18-2009, 07:07 AM

2,975 posts, read 8,099,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
Welcome, Scotslass (and Mistyck, too). Don't you hate when drinks "sneak up" on you the next day????
I tell you something it didn't half sneak up on me thats for sure

Old 01-18-2009, 07:10 AM

It came up a-poundin' eh?

Old 01-18-2009, 07:14 AM

Quote:
It came up a-poundin' eh?
Yep it sure did, one hell of a headache. But i had a Scottish breakfast so it wasn't that bad

Old 01-18-2009, 07:27 AM

Somehow a big (greasy!) breakfast seems to help.

Old 01-18-2009, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Somehow a big (greasy!) breakfast seems to help.
I cook with olive oil

Old 01-18-2009, 07:41 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,239,249 times
Wow! I actually saw a snowflake a bit ago! It was here and then it was gone!

Old 01-18-2009, 07:43 AM

259,023 posts, read 90,346,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Wow! I actually saw a snowflake a bit ago! It was here and then it was gone!
Now need to share. I can see them in pictures now and be happy...If I get my way it is going to be pizza for dinner. Canadian bacon and pineapple with onions and mushrooms. Wife gets olive on her half and I get jalapenos on mine..

Old 01-18-2009, 09:10 AM

91 posts, read 231,127 times
Thanks for the welcomes!

The soup recipe is so simple. I can't wait for tonight! (Although it's not really cold here, I do love me a good bowl of soup!)

Old 01-18-2009, 09:35 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,427,105 times
The best shrimp I've ever had were made by a friend from Baltimore.

He starts with high quality large shrimp, peel-on.

He boils them in a big pot that has white vinegar, a beer or two, and lots - I mean LOTS - of Old Bay seasoning in it.

He claims the secret is no water in the boil mixture.
I can't tell you if that's the only secret or not, but OMG never had anything like it before or since (he moved away). I think water gives the shrimp a soggy texture that these shrimp don't have.

When they're done he dumps them all on a huge platter, sprinkles MORE Old Bay on them, offers a cocktail sauce made of ketchup and lots of horseradish,
and tells his guests to dig in. They aren't deveined, which gave me pause, but I think I did my full justice to my portion anyway.

Very spicy and yummy and you have to keep stopping to lick the melted Old Bay seasoning off your fingers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink