Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2009, 07:02 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,867,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwesternBookWorm View Post
Let's see, inauguration dinner ingredients for skbs' Diva....

You could serve a salad featuring "Yes, we cantaloupe."

And then check to see if your grocery store has started carrying Ben & Jerry's latest flavor "Yes Pecan" and get that for dessert.

Of course she'll want "Barack-olli" for a vegetable.

Kinda drawing a blank for a main course.... hmmmm. Will go have some coffee to see if that starts the neurons firing any better and will report back.

ETA: Spouse suggests "Yes we cannelloni" for a main course!
OMG you are so creative! Even getting hubby in on it! Thanks for that! Love the cannelloni idea! I wanted to do pasta anyway.... She will always eat pasta! And you all know the whole Barack-olli situation in our house! Great ideas!!!! I should go look for that ice cream. There are craft ideas online too...... I think she will get a kick out of this.... LOL.....

Old 01-19-2009, 07:04 AM

23,416 posts, read 36,993,685 times
LOL, that is soooooooo funny!!!!! I am staying home tomorrow to watch all the festivities, never even crossed my mind to tie in food.

Old 01-19-2009, 07:05 AM

http://www.sheknowsparties.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/img-2089-thumb.jpg (broken link)
saw this.....hmmmmmmm....

Old 01-19-2009, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
LOL, that is soooooooo funny!!!!! I am staying home tomorrow to watch all the festivities, never even crossed my mind to tie in food.
My daughter is obsessed.... she is in first grade watching CNN and has been asking tons of questions since like October.... my brother lives in DC and I think if she really put two and two together that she could have gone to DC and been there to see it she would have flipped.... but I think it would be a mad house right now and he lives with two guys and it would be a total PARTY HOUSE this weekend.... no place for a six year old.... LOL......

Old 01-19-2009, 07:11 AM

23,416 posts, read 36,993,685 times
tried to rep ya, skbs, I must really be being stingy with the reps, will have to rectify that!

Old 01-19-2009, 07:19 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,579,111 times
I'm still planning on tacos...Dependent on wife bringing shells home after work...No plan B yet..

Old 01-19-2009, 07:26 AM

48,121 posts, read 21,999,038 times
Quote:
Let's see, inauguration dinner ingredients for skbs' Diva....

You could serve a salad featuring "Yes, we cantaloupe."

And then check to see if your grocery store has started carrying Ben & Jerry's latest flavor "Yes Pecan" and get that for dessert.

Of course she'll want "Barack-olli" for a vegetable.

Kinda drawing a blank for a main course.... hmmmm. Will go have some coffee to see if that starts the neurons firing any better and will report back.

ETA: Spouse suggests "Yes we cannelloni" for a main course!
Inauguration Menu suggestions:

Subject to CHANGE:

"Jubilee Gravy" with "I Have a Dream" Biscuits
"Green Energy" Greens
"Red and Blue States Steak
"Our County" fried chicken
"Hopeful Hash"

"Refried Campaign Promises served with Crow"

Dessert choices include:

the Half Baked Alaska,
Chocolate McCain Cake,
Clinton Compote with Romney Rum sauce,
Kusinich Kustard,
Huckabee Flambe
Cherries Julianni with a Credit Crunch topping
Cracked Ceiling Glace
"Si Se Pueda" Pudding

Beverages:
Primary Punch
Bitter Tears Tea
Milk of Human Kindness

Last edited by elston; 01-19-2009 at 07:56 AM..

Old 01-19-2009, 07:49 AM

858 posts, read 3,044,123 times
Quote:
John, this was the recipe I copied off from the goulash thread: //www.city-data.com/forum/1616479-post9.html

If you try it, be sure to let us know what you think!
Thank you.. I didnt see the thread at first. But it looks like a good recipe, so off to the store to pick up the good's.. Let ya'll know how it come's out.. My fist time making it.. Wish me luck...

Old 01-19-2009, 08:03 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,500,274 times
Good Morning, foodies.

Yesterday's huevos rancheros and chorizo was a HUGE hit! DH said it was better than a restaurant. I found by cooking the chorizo on low in a small cast iron skillet for about 15 minutes that it was much less greasy than restaurant chorizo. The kind we had is beef not pork.. that might also make it less greasy. It's a good thing I waited for the pinto beans, really tied the meal together as it were.

Tonight we are having crispy baked chicken thighs, with stir-fried spinach and mushroom with oyster sauce.

Old 01-19-2009, 08:10 AM

7,333 posts, read 2,742,181 times
I must confess, I am also a daily Priolosec user. I should own stock as many, many of my co-workers are also.

Today, since I am mentally drained after the busy, busy weekend at work, something I can do with my eyes closed and one hand tied behind my back, TACOS! I also have pinto beans in the fridge, so......

Tomorrow my co-worker trainee and I are going to breakfast after we get off duty and it will definitely be Huevos Rancheros.

Have a good day all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink