Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2009, 06:27 PM

91 posts, read 231,487 times

Advertisements

I made spaghetti with garlic bread tonight.

Old 01-19-2009, 06:43 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,291,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlinggirl View Post
Don't worry....they'll smell worse later.
Oh my! LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
Hear No Evil
See No Evil
Smell No Evil
Again, Oh My!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
How much later is the question...
Once more time - Oh my!
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
I made a variation on that wonderful Feta and Spinach stuffed chicken that I made last week. That came out moist and delicious.

Tonight I had swiss cheese that I had opened. So I made chicken stuffed with spinach, swiss, and wrapped in bacon. It was taking too long for the bacon so I threw it under the broiler for 5 minutes. I should have left it in the oven. Still good but not as moist as last week.
That looks like something out of a magazine! I am impressed. Way to go, girl!

The leftover chili was good, but I ladled it over the leftover potatoes and onions I had cooked in the microwave. NOW, we talkin!

Old 01-19-2009, 06:52 PM

52,689 posts, read 47,955,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
Therefore there is no such thing as Dublin Diet Dr. Pepper.
I doubt that something like that would be very well-received.

Old 01-19-2009, 06:54 PM

52,689 posts, read 47,955,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistyck View Post
I made spaghetti with garlic bread tonight.

Sounds wonderful. I hope to put my garlic cheese toast to good use later this week.

Old 01-19-2009, 06:59 PM

91 posts, read 231,487 times
It was alright. I'm not a fan of Italian food much anymore. But that's what the others wanted, so I made it.

Old 01-19-2009, 07:36 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
DH took some chicken breasts out of the freezer and they were just huge and I wasn't sure how I wanted to cook them. If I broiled them, they were so thick, they'd be black on the outside and raw in the middle (slight exaggeration there). I couldn't think of another way at first. But then...

I put some EVOO in the bottom of my new Lodge skillet that Santa left, threw in 1/2 sliced onion, 1/2 green pepper (I prefer red, but "somebody" bought green instead) and a bunch of minced garlic. Threw some seasoned salt and freshly ground pepper on the veggies and on the chicken, then threw the chicken in there and let it brown up on the "top". Turned them over, started browning them on the bottom. Had some White Merlot in a bottle, so I took the skillet off the heat and poured a wee bit o' the wine in there, then threw the whole thing in the oven at 375 for 35 minutes. Can you say Yum??? Moist, tender, done just right and some wonderful flavor. I steamed some baby carrots with seasoned salt and opened up a can of spinach (ok, so I cheated on one thing), put out some pickles, olives and cottage cheese and called it dinner.

Have a good one, everybody.

Old 01-19-2009, 07:39 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,291,389 times
mwbw - what a great idea! Um..........am I invited for leftovers? I think Fedex ships overnight too!

Old 01-19-2009, 07:46 PM

3,591 posts, read 1,153,381 times
Well yesterday was a fun day Our team is going to the SuperBowl. I made mini burgers on the small hawaiian bread rolls. I know you think yuck but it is really good. Shhhhhh tonight I made dinner from a box... It is one thing I don't do very often but my Hub loves the stroganoff from a box. I just add low fat sour cream to taste. Nothing big or great just simple.

MovingtoHuston you take it easy and get your energy back.
Molochai looks like PT is paying off Good for you! I hope you get a cane.
Jaxs a Happy Birthday to your oldest!! Happy you got to spend supper time with him! My son just turned 4 going on 19 ha ha they do grow fast...
YL look at you and that stuffed chicken!! Yum!! Do you have left overs?
Elston, I have a feeling what ever gravy you choose to go with your roast is going to be fantastic!!
Case thank you for that link! It was interesting
Southdown That's the way I clean out my fridge Don't waste a thing. ha ha!
Nikkzone that chicken salad and miso soup sound like a plan. Thumbs up!
Scottslass we make gnocchi's from scratch at work. I like them best with pesto sauce and pine nuts
John you should ask CYN to post her goulash recipe. I know it is good and fairly simple to make
Keshe I love brats and kraut! What brand of kraut do you get?
Nomad I am happy you got the tacos down the hatch ha ha!
MWBW and Elston thanks for being so creative. It brought a smile to my face.
Mom keep up the good work! Hey, what did you make for dinner by the way?!!
Lacey I had to

Old 01-19-2009, 07:46 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,188,315 times
We had the sausage gravy for a late lunch then waited after school so everybody was home for cake and ice cream. Tonight we got treated to a taco supper at DS's girlfriend's parent's house followed by an ice cream cake. Man that was a lot of apostrophes.

I did want to mention about pork steaks there is a lot of fat in them and to me pork is better with some of the fat left in it. The only way my family likes them is fried or on the grill because of the fat. But either of those ways will make the fat crunchy more than chewy.

Old 01-19-2009, 07:48 PM

3,591 posts, read 1,153,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
DH took some chicken breasts out of the freezer and they were just huge and I wasn't sure how I wanted to cook them. If I broiled them, they were so thick, they'd be black on the outside and raw in the middle (slight exaggeration there). I couldn't think of another way at first. But then...

I put some EVOO in the bottom of my new Lodge skillet that Santa left, threw in 1/2 sliced onion, 1/2 green pepper (I prefer red, but "somebody" bought green instead) and a bunch of minced garlic. Threw some seasoned salt and freshly ground pepper on the veggies and on the chicken, then threw the chicken in there and let it brown up on the "top". Turned them over, started browning them on the bottom. Had some White Merlot in a bottle, so I took the skillet off the heat and poured a wee bit o' the wine in there, then threw the whole thing in the oven at 375 for 35 minutes. Can you say Yum??? Moist, tender, done just right and some wonderful flavor. I steamed some baby carrots with seasoned salt and opened up a can of spinach (ok, so I cheated on one thing), put out some pickles, olives and cottage cheese and called it dinner.

Have a good one, everybody.

This sounds wonderful!!!!!! Yum!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink