Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2008, 07:03 PM

3,928 posts, read 11,600,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Tonight is homemade beef stroganoff. I put sliced green bell peppers and onion in it--yum! I like green bell peppers in lots of things. Put it over some noodles, some bread and a salad. It's pretty easy and since I've been out in the yard since early morning I know I'm going to be really tired tonight. But ALL my roses will be planted and some bulbs my hubbie has been asking me to move will be done. I have never in my life worked with the kind of soil that is here in NC--solid red clay. I'm having to chop it up as best I can and mix in tons of soil conditioner--whew!! I sure hope they will grow here!
Are your fingers still orange or did you wear gloves?

Old 03-07-2008, 07:12 PM

We've had company and I've been too busy to read WFDT for about 10 days. Tonight, it was just dh and me and we raided the fridge. I mixed leftover pot roast (beef) with some cheese tortellinis and a little beef stock and it was good. It probably helped that I was too hungry to be picky. Thank goodness I ate before reading all these yummy posts I've missed!

BTW, is a fish taco really just that? I've never had one and not sure I have the courage to try. Does it go in a flour or corn shell and what type of fish and how's it prepared?

Old 03-08-2008, 05:08 AM

321 posts, read 920,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaKaren View Post
BTW, is a fish taco really just that? I've never had one and not sure I have the courage to try. Does it go in a flour or corn shell and what type of fish and how's it prepared?
The fish tacos I make are with soft flour tortillas (easier to eat!) A nice thick white fish, you can lightly bread it (sprinkle with a little chili powder for a kick) and bake it or cook in a little EVOO, when done cooking cut into bite size chunks, serve with sour cream, guacamole, thinly sliced green cabbage, chunky tomato salsa - serve with some lime wedges. YUM!

Old 03-08-2008, 05:16 AM

601 posts, read 1,904,072 times
My son went to Panama City Beach with his friends for Spring Fling Last
night and will not return until Sunday. Needless to say I didn't sleep very
well last night. ( He just turned 18).I know I'm being an over protective
freak and that I have to learn to "let go" but he's my Alan son, my only one.
Things get crazy on the beach during Spring Break. I set the table for 3 last
night before I realized he wasn't coming home for dinner. So on to tonite's
dinner.....Chicken on the rotisseri (spell) with mashed potatoes and gravy and
a salad with fresh lettuce from the garden.

Old 03-08-2008, 05:54 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,849,768 times
You're a MOM and that's a natural feeling. I always tell my kids they'll still be my babies even when their 80 and have no teeth!!! Once a Mom - always a Mom. Hugs to you.

Tonight Elston's chicken thighs, wild rice, asparagus and biscuits.

Old 03-08-2008, 06:25 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,309,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daytripper View Post
I totally understand. It's the way we parents are. I live 3,000 miles from my grown children and not one day goes by that I don't worry about them. I don't think it ever really goes away but it does get a little easier!

Old 03-08-2008, 06:27 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,309,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaKaren View Post
Are your fingers still orange or did you wear gloves?
I definitely wore gloves----they are orange now! This soil here is a red-clay and if it gets on anything it is so hard to get it out. My hands are not in great shape anyhow but to dig in this soil and rock here I'd end up with bloody stumps if I didn't wear gloves!!

Old 03-08-2008, 06:31 AM

48,129 posts, read 22,002,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
I definitely wore gloves----they are orange now! This soil here is a red-clay and if it gets on anything it is so hard to get it out. My hands are not in great shape anyhow but to dig in this soil and rock here I'd end up with bloody stumps if I didn't wear gloves!!
I never made peace with the soil in southern California and it was one of the things that motivated me to move back east. I need to connect to the soil; to be able to handle it.......this adobe mud baked crust......I am earth deprived.....now how do I bring this back to Whats For Dinner????? Oh, I can't even grow a tomato so have to buy and when I shop everyone elses vegetables are beautiful but very little flavor.

Old 03-08-2008, 06:32 AM

321 posts, read 920,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daytripper View Post
Your just being a Mom - doesn't matter how old they are you will always worry about them My son is 2-1/2 and I have already told him that when he gets married at 40 it's OK for him and his wife to live with Mommy and Daddy......... LOL!!!!

I have no idea what's for dinner tonight - need to check the fridge and cupboards. Heavy rains coming today so maybe some soup.

Old 03-08-2008, 07:19 AM

Default Ooooohhhhh Yummy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktully View Post
The fish tacos I make are with soft flour tortillas (easier to eat!) A nice thick white fish, you can lightly bread it (sprinkle with a little chili powder for a kick) and bake it or cook in a little EVOO, when done cooking cut into bite size chunks, serve with sour cream, guacamole, thinly sliced green cabbage, chunky tomato salsa - serve with some lime wedges. YUM!
Thank you wktully! I will definitely try this. You make it sound really good and easy, too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink