Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2009, 08:22 AM

2,994 posts, read 3,765,311 times

Advertisements

Hello!
Tonight..lasagne with mushrooms and shrimps!

Old 01-21-2009, 08:25 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,311,123 times
Ah Debsi, I can so relate. I sure hope you feel better soon. Just take it easy and don't worry about anything but getting better. Good old spaghetti!

Gentlearts, you are so right on. I am not having such a big problem with the habit part of holding the cigarette and smoking it---it comes and goes but it's the nicotine right now. I felt like I'd had 20 strong cups of coffee yesterday plus really emotional and grumpy--all mixed together! Could not sit down for more then a second--jumping out of my skin. And yet---no energy!! Just anxiety. I put a patch on in the late afternoon and today I feel ok. I'm having to guess it was that.

Old 01-21-2009, 08:30 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
Gee, cyn, you just described me yesterday, and I'm not quitting smoking (did that about 17-18 years ago!).

Not sure what dinner's going to be. If we're home, I'll make a meatloaf. We're going on a mission to find hobbie shops today and we may go to a movie. If we do that, we'll probably eat out.

Hey, gang. another pound gone! I'm doing it slowlyon purpose because I find if I "crash", I go right back to my old ways. I've cut out most sugary stuff like desserts and cut way back on starches w/meals. Trying to cut back on my evening cocktail, but that doesn't always work, since I enjoy one or two before/during dinner. Plus, hubby came home with a big bottle of Franjelico. It's so nice to sip on a "cold" winter night. Hmm....tonight's going to be cold here.

Anyway, that brings me to 10 lbs. down since my operation (I'd lost 8 right after, but gained 3 thru the holidays). I'd like to get down 18 more, but I'd be happy with 13.

Have a lovely day, all.

Old 01-21-2009, 08:37 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,394,464 times
arsbadmojo- You were doing so well budget wise until the steak, lol. Enjoy.

elston- Care to share that pizza crust recipe?

Lacey- Write that recipe down before it is gone forever. Enjoy your night out and be careful.

sg- Kahlua and ice cream hmmm. Sounds sinfully good.

cyn- I'm sorry you had such a rough day yesterday. Hang in there you are doing awesome.

Nomad- Stay warm. I know you aren't used to those temps. Time for some comfort food like soup or stew. Yum.

Jaxson- I hate computer problems. I love computers when they work but when they don't I am so clueless. Just do what I want you to do, lol.

Scottlass- Can you share that recipe?

Debsi- I hope you feel better. It's always nice to have something in the freezer when you don't feel good.

We are getting a serious case of cabin fever. We have to get out of the house. Unfortunately we can't get down our driveway. Hubby is going to have to try and clear it with the tractor. Then we are going to bring the 4-wheeler down to the barn so we can get back up. Oh the joys of winter, lol.

Dinner will most likely be leftovers. We'll see.

Old 01-21-2009, 08:51 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,188,315 times
NMS congrats on your weight loss!

Debsi I forgot to tell ya to feel better soon and take it easy today.

YLisa trust me I do this a lot when it comes to the computer. I bet I reboot it more than I need to it works sometimes then sometimes not. Are you taking pictures of your driveway for your update next week?

minniemouse I just realized I gave you reps but no shout out on here.

Old 01-21-2009, 09:02 AM

3,367 posts, read 11,059,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
SouthD-not sure as I used au jus and marsala. How about bar b cue sauce mixed with some jelly-cover and slow cook at 250 for about 4 hrs.
Sounds good but I made bbq pork the other day, any other ideas with a different flavor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniemouse View Post
Hello!
Tonight..lasagne with mushrooms and shrimps!
Are the mushrooms and shrimps inside the lasagne? Sounds great - can you tell us how to make it?

Tonight I'm cooking a dessert (makes a change! usually the kids get fruit only) mainly to use up some stores of canned fruit and jams etc. Thinking of Marmalade Bread and Butter Pudding.... it's a good wintery one.

Debsi - hope you feel better soon,

NMS - good going on the weight loss - slow and steady is the way to go!!!

Last edited by southdown; 01-21-2009 at 09:11 AM..

Old 01-21-2009, 09:28 AM

48,132 posts, read 22,004,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
Gee, cyn, you just described me yesterday, and I'm not quitting smoking (did that about 17-18 years ago!).

Not sure what dinner's going to be. If we're home, I'll make a meatloaf. We're going on a mission to find hobbie shops today and we may go to a movie. If we do that, we'll probably eat out.

Hey, gang. another pound gone! I'm doing it slowlyon purpose because I find if I "crash", I go right back to my old ways. I've cut out most sugary stuff like desserts and cut way back on starches w/meals. Trying to cut back on my evening cocktail, but that doesn't always work, since I enjoy one or two before/during dinner. Plus, hubby came home with a big bottle of Franjelico. It's so nice to sip on a "cold" winter night. Hmm....tonight's going to be cold here.

Anyway, that brings me to 10 lbs. down since my operation (I'd lost 8 right after, but gained 3 thru the holidays). I'd like to get down 18 more, but I'd be happy with 13.

Have a lovely day, all.
I am afraid to get on the scales I did ok thru the holiday...but when I realized I hadnt gained....I sorta went nutz.... the day of reconning is coming. I am doomed.

Old 01-21-2009, 09:52 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,311,123 times
Maybe not elston. It might seem worse then it is. As well as you have been doing you deserve a little "nutz". I'll bet you are going to be suprised and not in a bad way either.

Old 01-21-2009, 10:08 AM

2,489 posts, read 7,212,274 times
Morning all, no time to read back I have missed too much. Crazy evening yesterday, middle son was bitten by a dog at school. Some silly kid brought their boxer to school and it lunged and bit my son in his leg. Ugh. Lousy way to end the day. Son is fine but does have nasty cuts on his leg. So dinner last night was the highpoint.

Spaghetti turned out great and I made cheese muffins (recipe from The Pioneer Women, love her website)and they were soooooo good.

Tonight for dinner, not sure yet. I am making a cinnamon swirl bread to snack on during LOST. (We are very excited for the premiere!!!) I am leaning towards tuna casserole as it would be easy but I may thaw some chicken.

Hope everyone has a great day. Stay warm!!!

Old 01-21-2009, 10:13 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,672,476 times
Hi all.......

have a slow cooker box dinner I bought. Just add the pork. Comes with white beans, veggies and spices.
Smells yummy and very easy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink