Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2009, 08:00 PM

48,113 posts, read 21,994,714 times

Advertisements

Good Night All.

Old 01-28-2009, 08:05 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,287,222 times
Skbs - So very happy to hear your Grandmother is doing better!!!!! I know how scary that must have been for you! Hang in there, and don't forget that I NEED MY DIVASODES!!!! LOL

Make a big ole chicken and rice casserole yesterday. Went to pour into the 9x11 casserole, and of course had too much and had to use a deep dish pie plate for the rest. Actually turned out pretty good, but I want more of a sauce/gravy on it. The rice turned out perfectly, and the chicken was pretty moist, but I still want it to have more of a "gravy" type thing going on. Actually poured a little creamy Caesar dressing on the side of my plate and dipped, and was pretty good. Hmmmm, maybe I will make up some chicken gravy and pour over the top and bake a little more. What y'all think? Will the chicken get too dry? Now remember, I did use cut up chicken breasts and they are not "dry" , but they were tiptoeing around it some!

Old 01-28-2009, 08:14 PM

21,353 posts, read 8,448,246 times
Hi all,

I'm on new meds for my sinus infection, so I haven't cooked in a few days.... well, I did cook a grilled cheese and tomato for lunch. Just eating lots of leftover chinese food I picked up the other day. lol Not very exciting, but I don't feel up to it anyway.

Hope you're all having gastromical delights!!!

I'll check back in soon. Can't focus on all the reading... the sinus pressure is too intense.

Have fun!

Old 01-28-2009, 08:22 PM

3,591 posts, read 1,153,073 times
Hello to all the lovely FOODIES I have missed my reading again I had to work a double shift yesterday. 12 long hours on my feet I had to wait on a party of 20 in the banquet room, and manage a dining room by myself. It went by pretty fast. I will be back here in the a.m. for my dinner ideas, and to catch up on some 20 pages or so Don't want to miss something

Old 01-28-2009, 08:24 PM

3,367 posts, read 11,057,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalMaine View Post
Hi all,

I'm on new meds for my sinus infection, so I haven't cooked in a few days.... well, I did cook a grilled cheese and tomato for lunch. Just eating lots of leftover chinese food I picked up the other day. lol Not very exciting, but I don't feel up to it anyway.

Hope you're all having gastromical delights!!!

I'll check back in soon. Can't focus on all the reading... the sinus pressure is too intense.

Have fun!
Off topic but - what meds are you on now? I have the same horrible thing, but am trying to avoid meds unless it gets worse... just used ibuprofen so far and some decongestant spray...think it's going past the worst now. Hope you feel better soon

Old 01-28-2009, 08:40 PM

21,353 posts, read 8,448,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southdown View Post
Off topic but - what meds are you on now? I have the same horrible thing, but am trying to avoid meds unless it gets worse... just used ibuprofen so far and some decongestant spray...think it's going past the worst now. Hope you feel better soon
Hey South... I did 10 days of Amoxycillin, then in the middle of that, had my toothache and had two new teeth put in. Within 2 days of being done with the amoxycillin and my tooth ache improving, I started sneezing again. Fought it for three days and lost.

I called the doctors office. They called in a perscription for Biaxin. 10 days scrip, but I could only handle one pill a day for 3 days instead of the 2 as persribed. That stuff ate my stomach. I swear to God I have holes in it from that one!!!! Whoa! And because I couldn't take it as perscribed, the infection grew worse.

Yesterday I dragged my butt into the doc's office and he gave me 10 days of Cipro... POWERFUL stuff, plus prednisone to reduce the swelling in all my passages, both nasal and chest, and had me pick up Mecuinex to help break up the phlegm. I'm supposed to do the saline solution, but I'm all set with that right now. lol It's all too raw!!!

My head is pounding and my left cheek burns from it. And this is a description of feeling better today!

If you've got pressure over your eyes or under them, you've likely got an infection going on. Chills? Sneezing? Blow your nose but nothing is really coming out? Infection. lol

Good luck!

And to keep it on topic... I have been eating candy and I'm about to reheat more chinese food. The prednisone really kicks up your appetite!!! NICE! lol I just wish I felt good enough to be cooking!!

Old 01-28-2009, 08:45 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,564,915 times
The prednisone really kicks up your appetite!!!

Tell me about it. I dream about eating when on that stuff....Just let me help you out with the chinese...I could use some to extend my dinner tonight...Only two tacos and I think they are used up now. That is why I'm back in here looking for ideas...Got to check bacon stocks before going out tomorrow...

Old 01-28-2009, 08:52 PM

3,367 posts, read 11,057,374 times
Thanks Coastalmaine - I feel your pain! I've had it so bad once I was close to meningitis and possible blindness, so don't ignore the symptoms anyone! Have now learned to keep it at bay with ibuprofen at the first signs, plus steam and rest. Horrible condition and very common.

On a lighter note I have started my training for the ChocOlympics with a pack of Rolo's and some Dove milk choc

Old 01-28-2009, 08:59 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,564,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southdown View Post
Thanks Coastalmaine - I feel your pain! I've had it so bad once I was close to meningitis and possible blindness, so don't ignore the symptoms anyone! Have now learned to keep it at bay with ibuprofen at the first signs, plus steam and rest. Horrible condition and very common.

On a lighter note I have started my training for the ChocOlympics with a pack of Rolo's and some Dove milk choc
I need to visit the chocolatier over in Tampa and stock up. Only problem is I want go near it until after the super bowl...To close to game time for me to be in Tampa now...I will have dinner at the Cheesecake Factory when there...More workout food from there too.

Old 01-28-2009, 09:18 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,484,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
The prednisone really kicks up your appetite!!!

Tell me about it. I dream about eating when on that stuff....Just let me help you out with the chinese...I could use some to extend my dinner tonight...Only two tacos and I think they are used up now. That is why I'm back in here looking for ideas...Got to check bacon stocks before going out tomorrow...
Prednisone, for most men, also kicks up the sperm count!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink