Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2009, 05:41 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,849,768 times

Advertisements

Oh SMG-love Cracker Barrel-eat and shop what could be better.

Kelsie-so happy DD is better-what a blessing.

Always tell my kids-when you 80 and have no teeth-you'll still be my baby!

Leftover meatloaf was great-was going to roast a turkey tomorrow,not sure yet.

Nite and hugs all.

Old 01-30-2009, 06:54 PM

2,489 posts, read 7,211,890 times
Ylisa... that chicken recipe was a big hit with the hubby and kids. Thanks so much. This recipe too will be added to the rotation when we have leftover chicken. So simple and easy.

Hope everyone has a great night. Stopped at the store and got ice cream, so I am off to watch Friday Night Lights and eat my ice cream.

Night all.

Old 01-30-2009, 07:01 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,186,749 times
ciaochicky welcome to the thread.

skbs we love ya and the entertainment value you give us with divasodes are priceless! Did you pull out the video camera? She is never too young to understand behavior is what we make it. Riding that bus isn't going to hurt her one bit hasn't my kids. You got plenty of good parenting advice from good friends on this thread. Hang in there be strong! Glad your gma is home!

elston oh dear the dreaded stomach acid is DP in the club of purple pill takers? I know you will take good care of him.

YLisa glad your guest room will get used today with your DGS's visit~~enjoy it!

kelsie doesn't it feel good to shop at home?

Kats enjoy your lake weekend! I need a weekend away like that!

MTH good luck house hunting I dread doing that if we sell this place.

Lacey good luck on your showing! Congrats on raising such a fine DD!

NMS I didn't take you for a "rebel".

amber you reminded me of when one of mine was going to make that call, I calmly went over to the phone and said I would dial the number! They started bawling and never pulled that on me again.

w1ngzer0 welcome to an awesome thread!

SMG important to keep spouses happy!

kelsie glad DD is doing much better! My oldest told me the same thing about being 18 and moving out. Funny now he spends more time with us and even hints at moving back home now.

Nomad you give me such great chuckles reading all your dinner changes but in the end I know you will be taken care of well.

I started reading this thread this morning then got distracted with the kids, opened it back up this afternoon and now it is almost 9pm before posting.

Somebody (me) forgot to put the frozen pork chops in the fridge last night to make elston's chops so we ended up having beef stew. I baked a loaf of bread, opened up 3 quarts of stew and we had supper! Apple pie for dessert/snack was gobbled down as well.

Old 01-30-2009, 07:35 PM

849 posts, read 1,952,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Chong View Post
Yes, just rig up a steamer of some sort. I think I once read a study on how those bamboo steamers harbor bacteria and that grossed me out so I stopped using mine.

My brother in law is Japanese and my parents have finally started to eat sushi, well anything that is cooked. My Chinese parents don't eat anything raw. They even blanch their lettuce! No raw cooking movement for them!

They take iceberg lettuce and blanch it and top it with a little oil (unheated) and oyster sauce. I have to admit, even though I am not a big iceberg lettuce eater unless its on a sandwich, it's not bad stuff.

Does your DP like nato? I can't bring myself to eat anything that is a) already spoiled and b) is stringy!
Being Japanese, I do like natto...ALOT! I love to mix it up with sliced up squid sashimi, soy sauce, raw egg, green onions, sesame seeds and wasabi. YUM! My kids don't go near it, although they do like squid (ika) sashimi.

Old 01-30-2009, 10:47 PM

172 posts, read 843,510 times
Hot dogs and cheesesteaks

Old 01-30-2009, 11:23 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,587,345 times
I just extended the dinner shortly after midnight with a dish of "Heavenly Hash".

Old 01-30-2009, 11:53 PM

10,782 posts, read 8,728,137 times
Loved Gran Torino at the Gold Class Cinema last night. Great movie. Food ... hmmmm, so-so. Had the mixed Asian mixed skewer platter, chicken was good, beef was probably sourced from the chef's old shoe. Wine was very nice.

Tonight - it's another hot day here in Perth. About 35 (95F) but quite humid which is unusual for Perth. Humidity saps my energy. Haven't done anything other than walk the dog and plan for our trip to the US and Canada in May/June.

The kitchen tap started leaking so hubby's been occupying the kitchen for several hours. So dinner has to be quick and easy - barbequed T-bone steak, marinated in olive oil, garlic, chipotle hot sauce and red wine. I've made a small cannellini bean salad with green onions and sundried tomatoes, for the side dish. And if the kitchen tap's fixed by then, I'll be able to throw together a light green salad as well. If not, it'll just be steak and bean salad.

Old 01-30-2009, 11:54 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,587,345 times
TBones now on shopping list with charcoal...Nice weather for grilling Sunday

Old 01-31-2009, 12:01 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
quesadillas con guacamole y manzana cocida (cheese tortillas with guacamole and baked apples).

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 01-31-2009 at 01:23 AM..

Old 01-31-2009, 06:22 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,309,354 times
Good morning all my foodie friends! Another beautiful day here. Last night I made some shrimp and french fries since we didn't get home from the kids house until nearly dark. Poor little 6 month old grandaughter has four, yes four, teeth coming in! Yikes!! She was not a happy camper. Poor little thing cried the whole time her mommie was out for her job interview! I had forgotten how sad teething is!! But we both survived. DH took our other 5 year old grandaughter out for a nice quiet walk! Ha!

We're having steak and french fries for dinner tonight. I've been so hungry for a nice steak but it's to cold to grill it still so DH is going to do it on the stove using Guy Fieri's recipe! It turned out great last time!!

It's funny the "little-purple-pill" group was mentioned earlier here! My Dr. just gave me some of those little purple pills, Nexium, for acid reflux. They really do help too. I was amazed. To be honest I hate taking any kind of medicine and they sat here for days before I tried one. Now to find a generic or one on that WalMart list for $4.00 and I'll be happy! They are pretty expensive!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink