Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2009, 06:11 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,606,564 times

Advertisements

It was so pretty here today that we pulled out the grill.
Chicken breasts and drumsticks on the grill, bbq beans, and rice. cherry tomatoes and water.

Old 02-07-2009, 06:14 PM

849 posts, read 1,947,551 times
Just got done eating beef stroganoff. I used MBW's mom's recipe in Beef stroganoff thread under recipes, except for that my meat was already cooked. It turned out really good. Even my pasta hating son ate a big bowl full.

Old 02-07-2009, 06:15 PM

12,014 posts, read 11,254,609 times
Sounds good to me! I am thinking about grilling chicken outside tomorrow! Guess I need to marinate them in my father's wonderful "secret sauce"!

Anyone have an EASY way to grill corn on the cob? I can google it, but I really would love to have a "no-fail" buttery wonderful recipe!

Old 02-07-2009, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsmeeyow View Post
Sounds good to me! I am thinking about grilling chicken outside tomorrow! Guess I need to marinate them in my father's wonderful "secret sauce"!

Anyone have an EASY way to grill corn on the cob? I can google it, but I really would love to have a "no-fail" buttery wonderful recipe!
Hmmm.I would like to hear more about this secret sauce. (knudge, knudge!)

Old 02-07-2009, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Hmmm.I would like to hear more about this secret sauce. (knudge, knudge!)
LOL, ok, but don't tell anybody, ok?

I always double the recipe, so I will just give it to you already "doubled"!

4 cups white vinegar (If you can find a mild apple cider vinegar, I prefer it)
4 Tablespoons Celery Seed (Yes, I said Tablespoons! )
1 Tablespoon salt
1 Tablespoon Pepper
1 Tablespoon Cayenne Pepper (or hot sauce of your choice - or omit if you want)
1 Tablespoon dried onion flakes
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 Tablespoon peanut butter ( OPTIONAL - I have never bothered adding this, but it does help to brown the chicken.)
1 stick butter (I only add one stick whether I have doubled the recipe or not.)

Bring everything but the butter to an almost boil. Try not to boil it, but if it does boil, don't worry, just turn it down.) After about 20 minutes, turn the heat off and add the butter. Make sure you cover this the entire time or your entire house will smell like celery seed and vinegar. Once the marinade has cooled down so it's safe to add the chicken, add the chicken and marinate up to 2 days, but at least several hours - the longer the better. BE SURE TO LEAVE SOME OUT TO BASTE THE CHICKEN WITH AS IT COOKS!!!

NOTE! On occasion I have been unable to find celery seed, so have used celery salt. If you have to use the celery salt, just be sure to omit any other spice with salt in it - but the celery seed really is better! Also, the measurements are off the top of my head and can be a little different without any big deal - really the celery seed and the vinegar are the mainstays! Also, I have been known to throw in some Kraft BBQ sauce if I have guests that would prefer a little color in the sauce!

Old 02-07-2009, 06:45 PM

259,023 posts, read 90,331,271 times
I just finished the final course for tonight's dinner.. I found the low fat ice cream and did indulge. Seems that I didn't dip enough as there was chocolate syrup left over in the bottom of the bowl..Another lesson learned.

Old 02-07-2009, 06:47 PM

849 posts, read 1,947,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsmeeyow View Post
LOL, ok, but don't tell anybody, ok?

I always double the recipe, so I will just give it to you already "doubled"!

4 cups white vinegar (If you can find a mild apple cider vinegar, I prefer it)
4 Tablespoons Celery Seed (Yes, I said Tablespoons! )
1 Tablespoon salt
1 Tablespoon Pepper
1 Tablespoon Cayenne Pepper (or hot sauce of your choice - or omit if you want)
1 Tablespoon dried onion flakes
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 Tablespoon peanut butter ( OPTIONAL - I have never bothered adding this, but it does help to brown the chicken.)
1 stick butter (I only add one stick whether I have doubled the recipe or not.)

Bring everything but the butter to an almost boil. Try not to boil it, but if it does boil, don't worry, just turn it down.) After about 20 minutes, turn the heat off and add the butter. Make sure you cover this the entire time or your entire house will smell like celery seed and vinegar. Once the marinade has cooled down so it's safe to add the chicken, add the chicken and marinate up to 2 days, but at least several hours - the longer the better. BE SURE TO LEAVE SOME OUT TO BASTE THE CHICKEN WITH AS IT COOKS!!!

NOTE! On occasion I have been unable to find celery seed, so have used celery salt. If you have to use the celery salt, just be sure to omit any other spice with salt in it - but the celery seed really is better! Also, the measurements are off the top of my head and can be a little different without any big deal - really the celery seed and the vinegar are the mainstays! Also, I have been known to throw in some Kraft BBQ sauce if I have guests that would prefer a little color in the sauce!
Wow, that sounds really different and good!

Just made one of those chocolate cake you make in coffee mug in microwave. It is dangerous when you can have chocolate cake in 5 minutes...

Old 02-07-2009, 06:50 PM

Yes, that sounds very good. I will definetly try it. Thanks!!

Old 02-07-2009, 06:58 PM

Shhhhh, it's a secret, ok???

I grew up on it, and my father can STILL grill the best chicken - and the smell of that marinade brings back memories of being at the lake and chasing fire flies, playing hide & seek, kill the man with the football, etc..

Old 02-07-2009, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkzone View Post
Just made one of those chocolate cake you make in coffee mug in microwave. It is dangerous when you can have chocolate cake in 5 minutes...
No doubt! Saw that recipe, must be good since I have seen it a lot recently! Enjoy!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink