Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2009, 09:07 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,313,230 times

Advertisements

Oh, but I'm a tired camper tonight. Today was yet another of the 12-hour days at the office, between winding up financials and juggling the cash flow, plus dealing with tweaky vendors, and I am about done in right now. On the bright side, we are supposed to issue tomorrow, so unless I get blindsided by some last-minute crisis (oh, please, no...) we're close to the end of the madness for this month. I really, really, REALLY need a shipment of day-stretchers right about now. I figure an extra four hours would allow me to get enough sleep not to be incoherent at the end of the day and still get everything done that I need to.

As so often happens, spouse tuned into my mood and had a fitting supper planned. He made this amazing sauce composed of bacon, crimini mushrooms, green onions, Italian cheese, garlic and assorted herbs, and poured it over a mighty dish of pasta so it could ooze down into the curls of starch in harmonic bliss... Can you tell that I really had the starch hungries tonight??! I don't know what you'd call it, but I called it wonderful. And there's enough left for lunch for both of us tomorrow.

Wish I had the energy to go back through all however-many pages that this thread has grown since early this morning, but that'll have to wait for the weekend after I've had a little more sleep. If you asked me a question today, I'll answer you, but it probably won't be until Saturday. Take care, all, and have a wonderful Friday.

Old 02-13-2009, 03:32 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,801,097 times
Morning all-MWBW sort of like a carbornara sauce.

Jaxson-you can use your oven to slow cook your gravy-I have as I currently have elec. and hate it.

Amber love your post and the names-maybe Elston's should "Elston's Elegance" as he puts so much extra care and love into his meals.

YLisa-I don't know I'm just determined and feeling so good and happy in my new skin!

Up early with a yuk sinus headache and see this horror in Buffalo-bless all their souls.

Old 02-13-2009, 04:14 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,141,701 times
Good morning foodies!

MWBW I was thinking the same as Lacey, carbornara, while reading and drooling over your post.

Lacey I saw about that plane crash when I went to bed last night kept me awake from the devastation. Prayers for all involved from victim's families to the rescue workers. I use to do my big batches of sauce in the oven until I was told about how well the big roasters do for canning. Less heat that way too in the summer.

No clue to supper yet just can't seem to think about that this early in the mornings.

Old 02-13-2009, 05:14 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,844,850 times
It is amazing what a change of scenery will do.... just by switching from the kitchen table to the dining room table! It was amazing.... it was like a whole new family! The kids were talking more... there was less complaining.... they were excited about dinner... which was really good btw and Chatterbox was so proud of the menu she created.... Hubby was so relaxed after a REALLY stressful day at work. It was such a nice change.... just by switching the table we eat at! I am so glad to be doing this on a weekly basis now.... Tonight is pasta bake- but that will be at the kitchen table due to all the sauce Chatterbox dropped enough corn and sprouts on the carpet last night to make sure of THAT! LOL..... At least she does better with Pizza.... (our VDAY dinner is personal heartshaped pizzas in the dining room)

Old 02-13-2009, 05:27 AM

47,942 posts, read 21,921,471 times
Good Morning Everyone! Supper is so far away.....who knows. I would enjoy hamburgers I do believe....and someone else cooking them. Maybe the brew pub?

Old 02-13-2009, 05:49 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,239,249 times
I'm right there with you on that idea elston! But alas, I doubt that DH would agree...sigh.....
I have some meatloaf left over from the other night so maybe we'll just eat that up tonight. Of course I'll make mashed potatoes, (DH wouldn't think about not having potatoes of some kind especially mashed if at all possible), and peas. This is not a for sure but a good possibility!!

Old 02-13-2009, 05:54 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,844,850 times
Alright all.....

Elston.... I would be ALL OVER that pub.... never pass up a night at a pub! One of my fav meals....LOL and I don't have to clean up!!!!

Cyn... I would be planning some outings near the pub that would create the NEED to go out I am sneaky that way LOL....

Alright... busy afternoon.... I am off.... Chatterbox has dance class and then prek... off to drop off Diva and then Run Run RUN..... .have a great afternoon......

Old 02-13-2009, 06:07 AM

5,680 posts, read 10,313,230 times
I know we'll be going out to supper tonight, because we're meeting another couple and their daughter downtown for dinner before going to Overture for a performance of JC-Superstar. I'm generally not wild about Broadway-style performances, but the music in this one takes me several-many decades back to my mis-spent youth, so it's sort of a nostalgia trip in a way.

We decided a week or so ago to meet at Nick's on State, our favorite little 1950's-style restaurant/bar, where they have fabulous juicy hamburgers, among other things. So Elston, if I wind up deciding on a burger, I'll think of you as I enjoy it - hope you can convince your dear love that tonight would be a good night for the pub, too!

Have a great Friday, all, and be safe out there.

Old 02-13-2009, 06:12 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,141,701 times
skbs so glad it was a nice experience for your family! Maybe you should put down a towel or sheet under Chatterbox's chair for a bit. You know she might just take more time in the dining room since you are stepping up a bit on your family dining too. God love her.

elston I pulled out hamburger for tonight too. I think my kids would be happy with sandwiches of any kind every night. They do like my cooking but when I ask they seem to gravitate towards sandwiches a lot.

cyn mashed potatoes are the most requested potato here too.

This morning I was restocking my cabinet shelves from canned foods I store in the canning boxes. I see we are going to run out of green beans and corn before this summer's garden is ready.

Old 02-13-2009, 06:37 AM

47,942 posts, read 21,921,471 times
Default Hamburgers

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwesternBookWorm View Post
I know we'll be going out to supper tonight, because we're meeting another couple and their daughter downtown for dinner before going to Overture for a performance of JC-Superstar. I'm generally not wild about Broadway-style performances, but the music in this one takes me several-many decades back to my mis-spent youth, so it's sort of a nostalgia trip in a way.

We decided a week or so ago to meet at Nick's on State, our favorite little 1950's-style restaurant/bar, where they have fabulous juicy hamburgers, among other things. So Elston, if I wind up deciding on a burger, I'll think of you as I enjoy it - hope you can convince your dear love that tonight would be a good night for the pub, too!

Have a great Friday, all, and be safe out there.
Thank You so much.....MWBW... .if I really want to go and if he isnt going to be playing tennis....he will agree.....if he is playing tennis I will make hamburgers at home.

The Brew Pub is nice...."The Sebago Brewery" It's in the old train depot in town....good food and nice comfy atmosphere and great service.....they have a varied menu.... and great hamburgers.

http://www.sebagobrewing.com/Gorham%202008%20To%20Go.pdf (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink