Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2009, 10:18 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,869,300 times

Advertisements

Well, i just had a CAT Scan and the Doc says that he thinks it IS a kidney stone... and a pretty big one....sitting in the left Kidney... yippy... the results were told to be sent in STAT and he was going to call me as soon as they came in... He said he didn't know what happend w/ the answering service last night and that he would have sent me to the ED last nigt.... And I got a lecture on wishing things away...tsk tsk tsk.... I know....believe it or not I was out running errands yesterday with the kids....I had this from yesterday morning.... Oh well... taken care of now...

My mother has the kids and they are spending the night. Hubby is out having a FEAST for lunch so he can deal with a soup or something of the like for dinner on his own. I can sit on my duff and deal with this honker of a stone... ugh.... I am totally freaking out....

Old 02-17-2009, 10:28 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,595,230 times
I think all I'm interested in for dinner is tomato soup and a grilled ham and cheese sandwich...

SKBS stay on top of it....please...

Old 02-17-2009, 10:47 AM

1,458 posts, read 4,132,872 times
[quote=skbs;7502613]Well, i just had a CAT Scan and the Doc says that he thinks it IS a kidney stone... QUOTE]

Youch! Hope you can recover quickly!

Old 02-17-2009, 10:53 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times
SKBS-double ouch-can they laser it to break it up?

NomaD simple is good.

My thinking last night turned into browning some loose Italian sausage with onions, garlic, mushrooms, tomatoes and basil. Tossed with orrichetti pasta (little ears) and shaved parm cheese. Just picked up the sausage and it looks very lean-store made too. Garlic bread for Mr. L, spinach salad w/mine.

Cyn today is a tiny bit better than yesterday-thanx.

Old 02-17-2009, 10:54 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
chicken thighs and salad

Old 02-17-2009, 10:58 AM

48,133 posts, read 22,004,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
chicken thighs and salad
Do you want to supersize that?

Old 02-17-2009, 11:03 AM

5,504 posts, read 6,248,044 times
skbs: sending warm thoughts & hugs your way.

elston: I am reading the manual right now. On mine the Convect Bake is for your cake and cookie baking (which you all know I am not ALLOWED to do)
Baking w Convection (lower oven only)

Enter your normal baking temp. Control automatically reduces the temp by 25 degrees (even though normal baking temp. is displayed. Convect fan starts after oven is on 5 mins.

Roasting

When convection roasting, cooking time must be set before temp.
If recipe requires a preheated oven, add 15 mins. to cooking time programmed.
It is not nec. to preheat when convect roasting large cuts of meats.

It makes me crazy elston, it is sup. to be faster but I tell you, I cannot roast a chicken by convection and not have it bloody. I am finding it easier just to use the regular roasting method.

Hi Jessie, last night's meal was super easy. There are just the 2 of us, so this is what I did.

FRENCH ONION SOUP

20 oz. of rich Beef Stock (broth could be used but it will not be as rich & full bodied)
2 c of thinly sliced Vidallia (sp) onion
1/4 c room temp. unsalted butter
1 T oo
1 T Cognac (I used Courvoisier V.S.O.P.)
1 T Sherry
1/2 t dried thyme
Slices of French bread (toasted)
1/2 c shredded Le Gruyere cheese

Caramelize onions in butter & oil, stirring until golden, on low 12-15 mins. (do not burn)
Add stock, Cognac, Sherry, Thyme
Cover partially and simmer 2 hrs. for the flavors to marry.

Toast slices of French bread, ladle soup into broiler proof bowls
Put toast slices on top of soup add Gruyere cheese, broil until cheese melts. Delicious.

Cornish Hens

Rinse hens with Kosher salt and pat dry
Make a paste with 1/2 lb room temp. sweet butter, 1 T dried Tarragon, 1 T ground Sage, 1/2 Greek Seasoning, 1/4 T Bell's Poultry Seasoning, 1 clove of minced garlic

Spread mixture all over the hens and under the skin. Put on a rack in roasting pan. Insert 2 halves of fresh lemons inside the cavity.

Roast @450 for 1 hr. or an internal temp. of 150, let rest 10-15 mins.

Mashed Potatoes With Roasted Shallots

Boil 4 Yukon Gold potatoes 12-15 minutes. Slice shallots thin and brown in unsalted butter. Drain potatoes, put pan back on burner to dry the potatoes for 1 min. Rice potatoes with potato ricer, add softened butter, warm half & half, s & p & roasted shallots.

Grilled Asparagus

Heat cast iron skillet to hot. Drizzle oo, s & p, garlic powder, & Greek Seasoning over asparagus. Grill asparagus, turning occasionally for 6 mins.

Have a wonderful afternoon everyone.

Old 02-17-2009, 11:11 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times
Kelsie-I always roast my asparagus. Sprinkle with lemon pepper, olive oil and 350 for 25 min. Yum!!!!!!

Old 02-17-2009, 11:14 AM

3,273 posts, read 2,969,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
Well, i just had a CAT Scan and the Doc says that he thinks it IS a kidney stone... and a pretty big one....sitting in the left Kidney... yippy... the results were told to be sent in STAT and he was going to call me as soon as they came in... He said he didn't know what happend w/ the answering service last night and that he would have sent me to the ED last nigt.... And I got a lecture on wishing things away...tsk tsk tsk.... I know....believe it or not I was out running errands yesterday with the kids....I had this from yesterday morning.... Oh well... taken care of now...

Oh no! Well, hopefully, you may be able to flush it out by drinking large amounts of water.

My DH is a kidney stone producer, although, he hasn't had any in 14 years, until this past October. However, he had back pain in the summer but associated it a pulled muscle, until late October, when he had some blood in his urine. Long story short, he has 3 stones in his kidney and one lodged at the opening of the bladder, that one the doctor took out the one with a cystoscope (sp) in December.
Actually, today he has another doctor's appointment for the results of his 24 hour urine analyzes. And, he'll find out if the doctor is going to leave the other stones in, because as of right now, my DH has no pain.

Good luck to you.

Old 02-17-2009, 11:15 AM

5,504 posts, read 6,248,044 times
Yes Lacey, I drizzle mine with fresh lemon juice, h doesn't like it on his. I can't wait another couple of months I will be able to harvest our asparagus from the garden.

Lacey, how is Mr. L doing? I haven't been on here too much, has he not been feeling well?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink